Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

Death And Glory (Warhammer 40k rp sign up and discussion)

Postby Mauro » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:09 pm

I took the liberty of posting Akram's death experience.

So... Yeah, it's been fun. I didn't play THAT much. I admit the first time was because I didn't know what to RP about and the last time was the 'I'll do it tomorrow' atittude.
But I did like the read.

Edit: Oh, yeah, and... The dream and the death should have taken around two or three minutes outside his head. And since it's his head, I took the liberty to narrate it myself.
Mauro
Summoner

Postby Tyr » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:29 am

I'm a terrible procrastinator. And I find myself hesitating.. Are we on a street? What are our surroundings? Cover? That's why I haven't posted yet. Don't want to post something stupid.
Tyr
Tainted

Postby Azurelite » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:43 am

we're in a tunnel system
Azurelite
Tainted

Postby Tyr » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:45 am

Lol I honestly thought we were in some kind of underground slum area. Okay give me a bit to think of something, postin later today.
Tyr
Tainted

Postby Azurelite » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:47 am

Well, not caves, constructed tunnels
Azurelite
Tainted

Postby Mauro » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:12 pm

I think I've gotta do something.
'You're all gonna die! And there's nothing you can do 'bout it! You're all gonna die... Squirrily wrath! Squirrily Wrath!'
Mauro
Summoner

Postby Korbin » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:16 pm

Oh My God... if he misses that he's a tool. *beer*
Korbin
Summoner

Postby grfu » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:00 pm

If he misses it, a surviving eldar is gonna shoot him.
grfu
Vel'akar

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby grfu » Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:50 pm

Now i know i'm being snubbed. It's been two days since I posted the next stage, and nobodys noticed.
grfu
Vel'akar

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Tyr » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:57 pm

I wouldn't call it snubbed, er, completely. Like last time, I just have no idea what to post. Not because of surroundings. I just have NO clue what to do.

We're in a cathedral like building. We are basically surrounded by Dark Eldar warriors. We have a few columns as cover. 100 yards away is their warlord. Just what is a trooper to do?
Tyr
Tainted

Postby Azurelite » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:07 pm

Kill the enemy before the enemy kills you??
Azurelite
Tainted

Postby Mauro » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:22 pm

*sweatdrop*

That's why they compare Role-Playing to movies and etc. Your character is the actor.
And actors try to personify someone. People think and react, ya know?
What would you think in that situation? How'd you react?

That's the hardest part of being a RPer. Putting ourselves in the skin of someone and try to understand how they'd feel and think in certain situation according to their personalities.
If Akram was still alive, he'd start mumbling prayers as rational and irrational thoughts raced his mind. I'd say that fear would be the greatest of feelings in him, only seconded by the instincts of survival.

He'd breath hard with excitment and he'd point his weapon at the warboss, simply because the commissar once said that in case the guy was dead, every Dark Eldar would scram and leave him safe.

You know what I mean. He'd react all but naturally. So, why don't you make the same thing with your character, Tyr?
You know, describe what he'd think, what he'd feel, what his reaction was, what he'd do conditionally and unconditionally.

Talking about Akram: You know, I tried to make Akram a regular man.
The kind that still exist nowadays. The kind that, if faced with an unknown enemy, would be as scared as he'd be.

Gods, I went as far as making the only thing that separates him from the masses would be his eternal faith in the Emperor (Altho it could be shaken if it really mattered.) and his gigantic care for someone that any other Tallarnite would call 'Ghost' and not hesitate to shoot.

That gigantic care would only be mirrowed in his shielding behaviour towards that person, in or out of battle.
Even tho he just met her...
But only 'cause she only looks like somebody that died.

Gar, so much potential blasted away in that instant. And only 'cause I asked grfu to kill the God damn character while I was a tad emo-ish for the loss of internet. (Or 'cause he rolled a dice or 'cause I annoyed him once or twice and he decided to scrap off the bad youngling of his RP or 'cause he said 'INI MINI MAINI MO' on each character.)
Mauro
Summoner

Postby Tyr » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:00 am

Thanks Mauro I get it XD. I don't know maybe my imagination is on vacation or something. I know I'm supposed to think of me in there skin. But honestly, I can't quite imagine what should normally be easy.

Not to mention me being me I would probably do the second of many things that would get me shot.

Numero Uno: Run.
Numero Dos: Use the still living bodies of the Commmissar and Inquisitor as a barrier before running.

So yeah, just have to hope somethin' kicks in. Because if Taras dies I'd prefer it in a ball of fire from his own explosives, not shot in the back.
Tyr
Tainted

Postby Tyr » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:52 pm

Apologies for double posting but I felt I had to ask. Where is everyone?

*Pokes at the RP with a stick*
Tyr
Tainted

Postby Wizard_of_Shnoz » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:01 am

Hmm.....I'll get it started. I'm assuming Hussak has finally brought me back.
Wizard_of_Shnoz
Summoner

PreviousNext

Return to Game Tavern