Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

Millenial- Prologue: The Crossroads (RP Thread)

Millenial- Prologue: The Crossroads (RP Thread)

Postby Pariel » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:05 pm

Note: For everything not roleplay related, please use the other thread. Link Here.

(This will be played in two sections. The first one is the political and plot section, which relates to VIP. The second section is the Overall section, which relates to resources and factions. Easy enough? Factions affect overall, and VIP affect the plot. However there might be instances in which plot devices affect the overall situation, and viceversa.)

Land, at last. The hellish trip had just ended. But a new equally harrowing experience had just begun. Cast aside from the storm in an uncharted beach, most of the assorted refugees from Port Relon were gathering up. Rag tag survivors of a senseless war that had devolved in utter chaos thanks to the misuse of the nether.

Still, it seemed that not all was lost. A single flicker of hope remained, for they were still breathing and alive. And yet, without a direction and order, tensions rose among the parties that had been leading the expedition. Tanit - last appointed leader of Port Relon by default- and a summoner on her own, found herself opposed to her reluctant ally, the cynical and overbearing Tyr of the Vanir. Seemingly, their discussion has gotten rather heated, for in such tension even the smallest spark can reavivate the fires.

Seemingly, it seems that some of Tyr's men have made forceful advances toward's Tanit lot, according to the Dokkalfar. However the reason of Tyr is different, claiming it was all the dokkalfar's wiles the ones that disturbed his trooper. Neither side seems to be giving in, and the swords of both sides are drawn, ready to pounce should their masters require to do so.

The fact that there's only one intact map and that both Tyr and Tanith disagree wether direction should be taken is only making the situation even worse. They also know that the numbers of these ragtag party are too few to be split and have a chance of success.

"Fine! I'll let the others decide, you old ragged vanir!" The summoner chided, brushing her hair away of her eyes. "You or me!"

"I find that agreeable, mudskin, but should them prove to have the same resolution as lambs, we shall let the blades decide this. We cannot waste much further." The towering Vanir, clad in armor silently nodded, a chilly ring to his gruff voice.

Overall Situation
: The beach is deprived of all resources, save those small meager clothes people have. Most possessions and useful tools have been washed away. There's no sign of further resources nearby, save the wreckage that litters the west. There may be changes on the landscape after people gain the high ground of the beach in the north, east or south.

The situation with the leaders can devolve quickly into a fight if no side is chose. Choose wisely. You may also try to quell both sides, or simply destroy them now that they are off-guard.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Clan: Sharen

Re: Millenial- Prologue: The Crossroads (RP Thread)

Postby Eltharrion » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:02 pm

(Very well. I shall then take the first step in the initiative.)

On the coast, Zal'kar gave simple sign to his people, who then simply began to collect up anything easily carried from the scarce materials there was, and check any shore-washed woods in case they needed emergency cover from nature. You never knew if talking would take longer.
With a small sigh, Zal walked over to bitterly fighting commanders, and even if he was nearly half a head shorter than most, his voice rang above theirs right in the middle of them.
"There seems to be a problem. I understand your tensions are high, commanders and soldiers, but instead of bitter fighting we should really concentrate on survival first. There will be no joy in slaying anyone here if we all just simply die after it from starvation and such. I believe there will be times later when people can tear each other apart.
You recommend the rest of us take decision. We are no soldiers or people of leadership, but we Ta'bi'kkara believe in mutual trust. And we hope we could place that trust in you, so that in return we can help you.
What if we sent someone or maybe even few of us up and away to look out for easy path? There seems to be wounded, and even children among us. Surely we don't want them to die on us just because we march up a mountainside just because one wants to go left and other right?"

Zal'kar's voice was clear, serene and rational. What he said was indeed smart thing in this situation. Nobody would gain anything if everyone started fighting here, with the destruction possibly following them still.
Last edited by Eltharrion on Mon May 21, 2012 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby blackshade10 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:42 pm

Off to the side, the hooded figures of dokkalfar seemed to converse among themselves, on figure in particular who towered over all, flanked by two perfectly matched hooded and cloaked figures. Eventually they dispersed, most going to salvage or keep watch while the towering figure flanked by the two hooded individuals moved toward the disagreement.

Baala'sari pulled her hood down, letting her maroon eyes scan the crowd before speaking. "We've lost many. Further death will simply worsen our chances of surviving. Exhausting ourselves with petty squabbles will only waste precious resources and energy. We shall determine the best route and proceed along that direction, in that, I agree with the males observation that we should scout ahead." She said, giving a slight glance and nod of indication to Zal'kar. The two hooded figures behind her simply glanced around, the hoods pulled low to hide their faces.
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby La'karma » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:32 am

There was an element of shock. It ran down her spine and into her water covered bare feet.
"All...all was lost...?," Lys'ra said turning towards her cousin who stood on the beach holding her boots. If it wasn't the broken wood, scattering of frighten voices and the tension that had begun to coil in her stomach. She could have mistake this for a simple sunny day at the beach.
Except there was ship part piercing the sky, wood and shattered goods drifted in and out of sight and pressure was already building behind her temples. Taking a deep breath in, she tried to relax, though she went stiff when her cousin began to speak.

"Most of it has indeed perished. I fear that the impatient fools will try to turn such a storm into a wedge..."
"I doubt they have enough wits left for that. With the Goddesses Bless, hopeful they will never regain them. In the meantime however I will be pressed to consider our "standing". At this point we are no better off than many of the others here. Drapped in ragged clothes, surrounded by water bloated bodies, and lead by narrow minded fools."
"Well, perhaps there is hope for a few of those..."
"Oh?" Lys'ra stepped from the shallow water, taking her boots she gritted her teeth against the coming discomfort.
"Yes, apparently a single storm doesn't lead to completely lack of senses. There is word that they are convening now supposedly to regroup and discuss our steps from here," Ky'raja whispered as she helped her friend keep her balance. As she righted herself, Ky'raja continued, "Here is a chance to calm the disruptive voices before they even can speak."
"They will speak their minds anyway, but your right. They words will fall on deaf ears if I take an active position as a leader now. It will also silence that annoying Aunt... Sometime soon I shall curse that the waves did not take her."
"Sadly not all prays to the Goddesses can be answered."
"Not according to Tradition, but "this time" I am incline to agree with you and be grateful for it. I believe I can find a use for her now. Let her mouth to spread word my active ways...but subtly. I don't need to listen to more pointless shout than need be today."
"Of course."

As the sound of her cousin's steps receded leaving only the sound of distant chatter and lapping waves, Lys'ra felt an urge to look back. Instead, she walked further up the beach using snatches of conversations to figure out where these leaders where. Pausing for a moment she spied the most likely group, but only because they had people whose faces had once stood with such pride from their vaulted positions. It only reasoned that the leader of the Vanir forces and the Summoning Prodigy would keep their supposed positions, since no one had the power to stop them. Chaos was interesting in that respect. When the pieces landed, whoever disgusting or wretched it is, those who have true power always manage to keep their power.

"While I might be bold for this action, I feel the urge to ask as the representative for the Ja'vina family. Who, or rather, which group should oversee such a scouting affair? Consider the disarray of the people and our lack of resources, if they should stumble upon something unfriendly it could result in more troubles...," Lys'ra calmly entering the ring. For a moment she let that sink in. "Perhaps it would be best to know what we all have and then piece together where we are. If at all possible send only a few to seek what lays beyond the dunes."
La'karma
Summoner

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:44 pm

Lisaressela stood staring out to sea grimly. There was not a single ship left. She turned to Minalauranna and nodded at her. Her cousin understood instantly and urged the others of their own ragtag bunch to start combing the beach for anything of value: ropes, tools, anything. Not that she thought they'd find much, it was just something to keep them busy. They stayed away from most of the wreckage, where others were already salvaging what they could and stayed close to the main group. Then she stalked towards the gathering further up the beach followed closely by Lyakorasan. With concern she noted that the situation was clearly escalating into a fight, when others came to join them and speak words of reason.

She volunteered her own words, raising her fingers to touch her eartips and bowing her head in a polite if peculiar greeting "I am Lisaressela, I too would urge you to calm yourselves no matter what grudges are held." She continued in an amused tone "Of course if you insist on fighting each other I'm sure the others here would be more than willing to take charge when you're dead." She was very tempted to add the words: they'd probably do a better job too, but decided against it.
Lyakorasan frowned at his group's leader, feeling that she was provoking the two of them rather than calming them. It did not strike him as wise. Part of him desperately wanted to join Tyr's group. To be back among his own people."We need to find food and shelter and soon." He found the words coming out of his mouth without thinking. "I'd gladly help look for it." He glanced at Lisaressela and she nodded at him.
She turned to the one who introduced herself as head of the Ja'vina family "Ja'vina wasn't it? We agree with you, a small group would be best, less likely to attract notice from any possible enemies." to the group in general she added "We would be glad to offer assistance in scouting and mapping out the area nearby."
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Pariel » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:27 pm

(This isn't dead, people. I'm merely waiting on Sy'rasri to post.)
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Postby Pariel » Tue May 08, 2012 10:03 am

A stream of words from several factions at once hit both leader's ears, as they stopped briefly to assess their surroundings. The speeches, however seemed to have effect on their followers, as some of their tense scoffs turned into silent nodding.

Their leaders, however had still interlocked stares, all the while they reluctantly stepped back for the briefest moment. It was the Vanir who spoke first, only bothering to turn away his sight towards the other eloquent refugees.

"See to it." He curtly said to two of his troops. "Provide scout support. I can handle this in the meantime." His stance was still tense, but he seemed favorable towards leading a couple of men towards those who would make the exploration.

The answer from her opponent couldn't wait for much. "Goodness, to be chastised by our peers like this. We could really lose a lot, Vanir. The place's a real wreck and we really need to get our bearings. You two!Help those fumbling in the wreckage." She added as she told her cohorts to help with the salvage.

It was then when the Vanir intercepted. "There's no time for coddling ourselves." He sentenced, as tensions flared up again.

"Not all of ourselves are soldiers. We need to think of getting every bit of supply we can before moving on." Tanit ventured to say, her stance locked with that of her rival.

"Discipline is also needed." He replied. "And your behaviour is disruptive towards."

"And you need to be taught a good lesson!" The volatile dokkalfar claimed as she unsheathed again. "One on one. The victor gets the command of the troops."

"Agreed." Tanit ventured to say, unsheathing yet again. "Best to not involve our troops at all, no other losses,and only one of us can lead."

Both of them stood tense, hesitant to make a move on eachother.

Overall Situation: The bloodshed on both parties has been technically averted due to the persuasion of the different parties, though the leaders still wish to fight eachother for rule. Like before, you may support one leader, both, or neither. Or you could also dismiss them both. Two vanir soldiers will join and protect the scouting party in their endeavour. They just need a direction and plan. The dokkalfar cohorts are now helping the Ta'bi'kkara and Wardlooskerew, salvaging plenty of rope and wet wood as well as sizable chunks of sheet which could be used to make tents, blankets or bandages once cleaned and dry. Wood can be used for fire once it's dried up. Further rummaging has also allowed for a small, intact chest of medical supplies to be found. It may be used now to easen the discomfort of the different parties, or stored for later use should grave injuries occur.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Postby Eltharrion » Tue May 08, 2012 10:27 am

Zal'kar gave away a small sigh of relief first, which changed fast into a deep one as tension began to rise again. He made a short high-pitched whistle with his fingers in mouth, and a tall, slender-bodied lady came running along the shoreline, long hair waving in her movement.

"Tor, help me out here with him. Shouldn't be hard." Zal's words were short, but they seemed to carry a bit of weight on them. He was serious with this.
"Understood, leader." Tor'nai's reply was almost a complete reflection: it was filled with happiness, and even her pose seemed to tell that she thought this was a game of sorts.

With these extremely short conversations, both moved to opposite commanders. Zal came simply standing in front of the Dokkalfar commander, looking rather high up with the height difference, while Tor danced her way around the Vanir leader and placing her hands slightly around the man's shoulder and gently pushing his arms downward. Neither truly prevented any actions with these poses, but they caused a clear difficulty for the commanders to reach each other if they decided to take up any arms.

"I might not be best to talk about this, but slaying or even demoting a good commander is perfect waste in this situation. Seeing that neither wants to work below other, I see no other possibility if you take up arms against each other, and even if no soldier joins the fight, you think your own men and women would follow his orders around, or other way around? I don't know how the army does their leadership, but as a traveler I can say that single person can't take lead on everything. I take care of organizing, and our lovely lady Tor'nai there takes care of members. Can't you just simply split the responsibilities evenly, both taking a part of command and taking up respective work?"
While Zal was talking firmly to Tanit, Tor'nai instead was wriggling around and staying extremely close to Tyr while she nearly whispered in his ear and moved her hands slightly over the man's shoulders and arms.

"Now now, fighting is bad in these situations. You hate her, she hates you, but none of us hate either of you. Can't we all just get along here? I'm pretty sure there would be some... Benefits for all of us if you both stayed. Especially YOU..."
Last edited by Eltharrion on Mon May 21, 2012 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Thu May 17, 2012 2:02 am

Lyakorasan was clearly pleased at having two fellow Vanir joining in with the scouting. Lisaressela less so. Not that she didn't appreciate the help but it just had to be more Vanir. Ah well, no need to go about it like those two fools, who were clearly intent upon killing each other. There was no way they would listen to reason any more and choosing a side with her group made up of both races struck her as, less than wise. Better to leave well enough alone and pick up the pieces later. As of now she had work to do and maps to make. Shaking her head at them she turned to the 3 Vanir men next to her. "Well, enough of this, we have work to do. I'm sure we're all agreed on starting with the high ground, North sound good?" she asked of the light elf next to her..

Lyakorasan was too busy staring at the woman fluttering around Tyr to reply. Glancing at her with a scowl the young captain was quick to observe that such actions would only add fuel to the fire. It would almost certainly confirm Tyr's earlier accusations in his mind. Wouldn't blame him either. "Bloody idiots," were the words spoken under her breath, just barely audible. Who it was aimed at was anybody's guess. Every last one of them would be the best bet. "Oy, we've a job to do, scouting." This time Lyakorasan pulled his gaze away from the spectacle and nodded at her before moving off to collect others from their group, pulling 4 of them away from the wreckage. He returned with them and the small group 8 in total (That's including the 2 Vanir) started heading north. "If any of you want to give us a hand you're welcome to." The parting words held a slight edge to them, a tension. Be nice, be polite act like they're damn merchants you need to do business with again.

Minalauranna focussed on collecting anything she could find with the rest of the group. Now mostly comprised of children. They found bits of wood and rope. Nothing too special. She looked up when she heard a delighted cry from where the other group was. She went over to see what the excitement was. "Medical supplies? But that's wonderful."
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby La'karma » Sun May 20, 2012 5:50 pm

Lys'ra held her contemptuous snort, opting instead down cast eyes and saying in soft voice,"I shall respect your decision and shall see what my family can do to aid those in the wreckage."

With that said, she turned to leave. Part of her hoped that the Vanir would win, he seemed so stuck and rigid, a good foil to work off against. Along with a wedge. The truce between their two races was frail and cold, under him it would rub the elder the wrong way and solid their support of her. The other leader, however, would be perfectly good as a foil as well as well as a touch more flexible given her hot temper. A few good nudges here and there, would prove again to the elders that she was more solid and even tempered.

"All went well, I pray, among those who are to lead us?," Ky'raja whispered falling into pace behind her.
Lys'ra snorted and replied just as softly, "It appears the troop bound to our protection stood divided between two types of fools. Swift words calmed them merely long enough to solidify a plan. Some shall scout, while others shall wad, wait, and gather what can be salvaged. Then with little prompting, they settled to conclude their previous dispute with a dual."
For a moment there was silence, then Ky'raja snorted as well muttering, "With the Goddesses' blessings they see each other both off."
"With the Goddesses' blessings, both shall live, but one will be victorious. Both are possibilities of our future and with both gone our troops will no doubt turn on each and dividing us all. Yet their complete harmony would make this trip far too dull and given the Goddesses' moods we shall never be able to enjoy dull time again," Lys'ra said as she slowed, turning her attention toward her family small and just as fail as the troops future at the moment. Sighing, Lys'ra closed her eyes trying to think all the possibilities through. Given their position they were beyond the weakest of the groups. Her standing among the others hadn't been considered or even second guessed (for now), yet there was no reassurance that none of the others would try something. Though given all their positions, none were any shape to do anything. Most of those she had seen at the meet, look more like the lost tribes than from the great nations.

Ky'raja knew her dearest one, was struggling. She could tell in her closed eyes and tense shoulders. Her hands tingled to help relax those tense muscles, to ease the lines off her friend's face. Hesitating, she bit her bottom lip. Just as she decide upon her action, Lys'ra spoke.
"Ky'raja, I need you to ruffle some feathers, my friend. Gather up the youth and then send them out to explore the other groups and aid in organizing what we all have. I shall keep our elders busy and occupied while you and the others are gone. Be safe my dear...No, I know you are always safe, but I am not sure I trust all among us here."
Ky'raja snorted, "Then it is good, I only truly trust you. Isn't it?"
This brought forth small smiles from both, a quick embrace and then they separated.
La'karma
Summoner

Return to Game Tavern