Tei'kaliath clan discussion and announcements.

New PTP ajax spinner

Postby Vilx- on Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:34 pm

Yada yada yada

Though I normally don't consider myself overly obsessive-compulsive, when it comes to web designs, I can pick the nits with the best of them. I tend to spend hours making sure that everything is aligned just so, selecting the lines and colors that look best to me, and - my favorite - choosing icons and animations. And so I came to the point today where I needed an ajax loading animation (aka "spinner") for the new PTP. At first I went over to preloaders.net to check out what they have in stock, but nothing stood out like appropriate for PTP (short of boring, generic crap). And then I got an idea - the Tei'kaliath clan symbol is round... and preloaders are often round... so why not rotate that? It's as thematic as it gets! And I made two versions:

Version 1: Image

Version 2: Image

Unfortunately now I can't select which one is better. And I've got, like a dozen more variations in my mind how the symbols could be arranged. :( Which is when the next idea struck me - why not make this fun for everyone and crowdsource it? Worked like a charm for Daydream page titles! And thus this thread was born.

TL;DR

Help me decide which ajax spinner is nicer looking (that's the one you'll get in the PTP remake). Either vote for one of the above (post in the thread), or create one of your own for others to vote on. I can supply you with what I got from Kern - a 32x32px version of the symbol: Image. You can use that, or you can come up with something original. It should be a looping, animated GIF, and it should be either on a black background, or a transparent background. Also don't make it too big or too small, and keep an eye on the file size. 50KB should be tops.

Sorry, no prize, except that the winner will have his work displayed on PTP remake as long as it's there (probably).
Vilx-
Summoner

Clan: Valley'gurl

Re: New PTP ajax spinner

Postby James Rye on Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:37 pm

Hm, could you perhaps make a third version? One with 6 of those symbols, 5 outside and one in the center with a ring around the five surrounding the center one. The center would move like Version 1 whereas the 5 around it would move like Version 2 with the ring around them acting as a focus like in Version 1. Cause i like both versions very much, so why not mixing them to make the best one? :)
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Xalgoz on Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:40 pm

I like Version 1.
Xalgoz Kae'sora- Tei'kaliath Scout
Xalgoz
Demon

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Vilx- on Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:40 pm

Sorry, I should have said - I'm off to develop more important things. :( I don't have time to dabble with this anymore - I've already spent too much. That's one of the reasons for the crowdsourcing. If I started making everyone's ideas, I'd be busy for months. :( So you'll have to make it yourself.

If you don't know how to make an animated GIF, then at least make a series of frames, ZIP them, and send them to me. I can convert them to a GIF in moments. Though there are also plenty of online websites that allow you to do that, just google.
Vilx-
Summoner

Postby Hetros on Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:48 pm

I prefer the first one honestly :3
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Wy'shira on Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:42 pm

I like the first one best! The second one is awesome, but it's a little busy compared to the first design. :3
What is done under compulsion is done without understanding. There is no more beauty in it than if one should whip and spur a dancer. -Xenophon (paraphrase). Follow your heart.

Wy'shira = Eloh.
Wy'shira
Summoner

Postby Tsuris on Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:44 pm

Is it possible to combine them? Like put the first one in the center of the second but only spinning in the opposite direction? that would be kind of cool
Tsuris'Lok: Demon Shard - RH (retired), Moonless Age
Zan'nah: Highland Raider, Homefront Sealers Division - RH C1, Moonless Age

"It's me. You should have known better."
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Vilx- on Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:53 pm

I sense that you are suggesting something quite similar as James Rye. Unfortunately I have the same answer - sure, but you'll need to make that. :(

It's not that hard, really. With the free Paint.NET tool you can probably make the frames under an hour.
Vilx-
Summoner

Postby Tsuris on Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:53 pm

Ah, well in that case I'm going to say i like the first one better ^^
Tsuris'Lok: Demon Shard - RH (retired), Moonless Age
Zan'nah: Highland Raider, Homefront Sealers Division - RH C1, Moonless Age

"It's me. You should have known better."
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Catriana on Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:56 am

I personally prefer the first one. :)
“The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend." -Henry David Thoreau
Catriana
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Hellsion on Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:25 am

10 minutes

BAM!

bigger:

Hellsion
Vel'akar

Postby Tibanna Vilrath on Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:36 am

ok i like hellions ^^
Aleria Vilrath - PTP
Tibanna Vilrath - RH C2
Tibanna Vilrath
Summoner

Postby Vilx- on Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:43 am

Sweet! Me too! :)
Vilx-
Summoner

Postby minalia on Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:26 am

I vote for my mate's *Hellsion* creation.
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:46 am

Here is another vote for Hellsion's submission! If for some reason that proves impossible, then the 'first' of Vilx's...

~JD
> J'hon D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Patriarch, KIA on the 12th day of the 3rd Moon
> Eh'rin D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Dev'ess: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=14467&p=765500#p758482
http://jonarus-drakus.deviantart.com/
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Next

Return to Path to power