Tei'kaliath clan discussion and announcements.

Beginners Guide - How to start

Postby Taruna on Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:45 pm

Greetings and welcome to the Tei'kaliath, newcomer.

As a little gift to make the start easier, I will now give you a short guide, including some links that may be of interest to you.
(Blue, underlined text represents links. Clicking them leads you to the accourding area)

1.)
First of all, you may send a PM to Thalar. She is the one enabling the ability to make a post for you. Please include your character name (whether it is Faceless<number> or you've created a character already) in your PM to her, so she'll know who you are.

2.)
Once your posting access has been enabled, you may introduce yourself in the New Subscriber Introduction Thread!

3.)
After this, you should make your introduction into one of the following threads to get the job you want:
(Please check
HERE to see if the branch you're interested in is accepting new members)
Builder
Forge worker
Harvester
Healer
Miner
Overseer
Scout
Studio hand
Tech
Warrior

4.)
General Character Creation - Don't be a "faceless"

On the
Main Page, you will find a link right to the shoutbox named "Edit / Create character" - There you can enter all essential data.

Please be aware, that your description and provided picture may be used by the artist to draw your character in the comic.
So please provide:
- Either a torough but not too detailed description
- Or a full body picture

The Wiki-Part offers a nice Guideline: Path to Power Player's Guide

For those with little patience or artistic gift: An Avatar maker can be found here:Avatar Maker

If you don't see your character portrait after inserting it, try to log out and then log in again

5.)
Please be aware that Roleplay (RP) is only assumed to be done in the RP-Area. The Community Centre, the Conference hall and the Vault are not the right place for it. This is to avoid confusions between players and ensure simple and civilized discussions. This is not a suggestion but a rule, as written here: Regarding IC/OOC

6.)
RP character creation - If you are interested in creating a character for roleplay, I strongly recommend you read this:

For general information: Kite's Character Creation Guidelines and: Wiki

For further Information, and if you have questions: RP School and Question Thread

Regarding Tir'ay, our Martial Arts: A Treatise on Tir'ay

The rules of RP: RP Regulations

If you can't find the roleplay information you need, and your questions in the RP School and Questions thread hasn't been answered, feel free to ask Madea but I recommend you read the treads first, then read them again and.. re-read everything a third time.

Addition - Heights: As given in the Character template in the Path to Power Forum: RP Registration Thread
Madea wrote:The average height for a Chel'el'Sussoloth male is 5'9" (1.75m) and the average height of a Chel'el'Sussoloth female is 6'0" (1.83m); Native Tei'kaliath are taller than this by an average of about 4 inches (10 cm)

7.)
Please do this prior to the following step!

If you have finished your character, please post it here: RP School and Question Thread
for further reviews, error-correction and grammar-checking.

8.)
Please follow step 7.) first!!
After 2-3 Days, if there are no more suggestions by other players, you can post your profile here for approval: Path to Power Forum: RP Registration Thread

9.)
Last but not least, there are families too.
Families where created to enable the future possibility to create an offspring, assuming you found a willing Tei'kaliath member of the opposite sex.

Because of some earier confusions I feel the urge to clarify: Families are by no means political!

If there are any questions left, feel free to ask me, I will answer as soon as possible.

Taruna Tei'kaliath

Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Return to Path to power