Tei'kaliath clan discussion and announcements.

Re: Website update

Postby Miburo on Fri May 22, 2009 6:28 pm

kirio wrote:Tried and Failed, Miburo. The thing refuses to accept even a three letter word form my computer. "hey" I cleared my cash. I shut down my browser and restarted it. I still can post nothing in the shout box. *crying*

Do you use safari on windows or on mac ? And do you happen to know the version?
Can't reproduce the problem here.
Miburo
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Kir'ima on Fri May 22, 2009 6:35 pm

Both kirio and I use it on Mac, and we both use the same version (3.2.1 - the latest version).

I am still getting logged off a bit (especially when I refresh the page), but other than that I have no problems. kirio seems to not have the logoff problem, but he cannot post. :S
waiting patiently for my next chance at Sayatt
everyone stay clear of my blast radius
Kir'ima
the scout

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Lt Anders on Fri May 22, 2009 6:47 pm

Hm, I also get logged off after a set time period of inactivity on FF. That's evil... *doh*
Loyalty is not bought, but earned.-Me
Vae Victus-Woe to the vanquished.
Best. Song. Ever.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q267 ... s/Maiq.png
Tei'Kaliath: M'aiq(My-eek), Mine Manager
Lt Anders
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Miburo on Fri May 22, 2009 6:55 pm

I just tested on Mac Leopard with safari 3.2.1 and it seems to work...
Do you have a daydream account?
Does the shoutbox work in there ?
Miburo
Vel'akar

Postby kirio on Sat May 23, 2009 4:04 am

Miburo wrote:I just tested on Mac Leopard with safari 3.2.1 and it seems to work...
Do you have a daydream account?
Does the shoutbox work in there ?

My machine can't use Leopard. I'm using Tiger OS 10.4.11.
Daydream shout box works just fine for me. :S

BTW, the bug the refuses to remove the "!" marking an unread comic has appeared on the Drowtales home page for Path to Power for me. I had this problem before with the DayDream archive (that is now fixed). The site won't recognize that I've already viewed the P2P page. ^^;

Possibly these problems are related?

OH, I just tried resetting Safari (deleting all old cookies) and that didn't work either.
Mana allows us to feel our connection to the world through the elements. Become one with that which thou wouldst change and the magic becomes effortless.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Nasfors on Sat May 23, 2009 11:35 am

I have no issues with using Safari on a 10.5.7 Mac G5. This might be related to running 10.4.11 then, kirio. :c
Nasfors
Vel'akar

Postby Idunyken on Sat May 23, 2009 1:58 pm

Noticing that when I leave for a few hours and come back, clicking on direct the links to the archives (the new update button or the page preview) logs my account off and I cannot log on from the archive pages. I have to log in from the main PtP page.

Using Firefox: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9.0.10) Gecko/2009042316 Firefox/3.0.10 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
PtP - Iduken'di the hoodie-wearing brickie!
"Badai lost his arm intentionally, to give the rest of the world half a chance"
Idunyken
Vel'akar

Location: In a log cabin with beers cooling in the snow outside...livin' the dream!

Postby Kir'ima on Sat May 23, 2009 2:28 pm

I'm using almost an identical environment as kirio (Tiger OS 10.4.11, Safari 3.2.1), and the only problem I am experiencing is the occasional logout.
waiting patiently for my next chance at Sayatt
everyone stay clear of my blast radius
Kir'ima
the scout

Postby kirio on Sat May 23, 2009 5:53 pm

Problem fixed!!
There may have been too many characters in the user ID string. After I shortened my character name and the system readjusted to it, I became able to post in the shout box.
YAY!!! *beer*

/edit Apparently Ys'sa's name is also longer than the minimum but she is posting in the shout box. Maybe it was the use of parenthesis? The user name I had before was: Ves'xilé (Tla'clonatar) Tei'kaliath.

/edit 2 Yay! the maps are working now, too!! :D
But the silly ! is still telling me I haven't read this week's Events Archive update yet even though I've accessed the page over a dozen times. ^^;
Mana allows us to feel our connection to the world through the elements. Become one with that which thou wouldst change and the magic becomes effortless.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Miburo on Sun May 24, 2009 7:02 am

Ok good to hear it's all working I had a feeling it would have been something like that (or some mysterious problem with lingering cookies). glad to see it worked out and thanks for pointing this bug out to us. The maximum nickname length was set to 25 for the shoutbox and we'll fix it tomorrow.

The "!" at the front page really is connected to cookies but it's a general problem since the new archivepage came online (we knew about it but the new updates were a bit more important :x ) I'll it on Denhomer's to-do list
Miburo
Vel'akar

Postby kirio on Sun May 24, 2009 10:47 am

:U Now, the drop down menu bar for the P2P comics is broken. Click on it and nothing happens.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Idunyken on Sun May 24, 2009 11:43 am

Tested it as well, only the first half of the menu can be selected. Past the word 'chapter' nothing happens when it is clicked on.
PtP - Iduken'di the hoodie-wearing brickie!
"Badai lost his arm intentionally, to give the rest of the world half a chance"
Idunyken
Vel'akar

Location: In a log cabin with beers cooling in the snow outside...livin' the dream!

Postby kirio on Sun May 24, 2009 4:28 pm

Pull down menu for the Path to Power comics is working again. Thank you!
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Kail'odian on Sun May 24, 2009 5:37 pm

Don't know if this has been brought up before or not. Anyway, when attempting to log in from the archive pages, it wont work. But when moving to the main path to power website (the shoutbox area) logging in works fine.

Im using teh lastest version of firefox.
If you see me online anywhere, I go by Kail, Darius Marcelino or LongSh0t82 as my user names now. I am on steam as LongSh0t82 if anyone wants to add me. I won't turn you away if you even only just want to talk.
Kail'odian
Vel'akar

Clan: Sharen

Postby Robert_Frazer on Sun May 24, 2009 6:29 pm

I like the new shoutbox's real-time updating, but I have to echo Gojinki back in the first page of the thread - these character limits are far too restrictive. When arguing for a LA option I like to set out my reasoning on the shoutbox as well, because only part of the clan regularly uses the forum - with 175 characters, though, there's barely room for more than one sentence.

Is it necessary to have a character limit at all? We weren't suffering without it beforehand.
A clerk thought that Curzon's memorandum was balls. But he was afraid to say so directly, so he wrote faintly in the margin "Round Objects". Lord Curzon replied in a note: "Who is Mr. Round, and why does he object?"
-Sir Alan Lascelles
Robert_Frazer
Demon

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

PreviousNext

Return to Path to Power