Tei'kaliath clan discussion and announcements.

Re: Website update

Postby Finish on Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:43 am

Miburo wrote:you should have the join a faction button right above the create/edit a character button that is also used to create a faction

Ah thanks. :) I already klicked on it - curious little guy, I'am :D - but nothing happend. Well now it's seems to work.
Finish
Merc on vacation

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Lt Anders on Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:14 pm

is there multiple factions allowed?
Loyalty is not bought, but earned.-Me
Vae Victus-Woe to the vanquished.
Best. Song. Ever.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q267 ... s/Maiq.png
Tei'Kaliath: M'aiq(My-eek), Mine Manager
Lt Anders
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Miburo on Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:18 pm

No, you can only join one.
Miburo
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Lt Anders on Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:31 pm

Once you create a faction, both character sheet and faction sheet are uneditable.(I just get a puprle little box pop up....)
Loyalty is not bought, but earned.-Me
Vae Victus-Woe to the vanquished.
Best. Song. Ever.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q267 ... s/Maiq.png
Tei'Kaliath: M'aiq(My-eek), Mine Manager
Lt Anders
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Miburo on Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:37 pm

Lt Anders wrote:Once you create a faction, both character sheet and faction sheet are uneditable.(I just get a puprle little box pop up....)

What browers do you use? We need to know so we can try and replicate the problem.
and do you see a little warning triangle on the bottom left of your browser that can tell us what kind of error you are getting
Miburo
Vel'akar

Postby Miburo on Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:55 pm

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a new memberslist (and you don't have to refresh the page to see the factions):)

Thank you Kite for the adorable little icons *blush*
Miburo
Vel'akar

Postby Thaluka2 on Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:56 pm

Is there any way to restore the ability to quickly see at a glance the number of people in each job? Also the way Faceless are now displayed is bad. There's no way to see their potential forum name at all, making it impossible to encourage any of them to join or even know who they are unless they make a profile. :(
Ziakas Tei'Kaliath - Scout of Ther'avere
Thaluka2
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Tohya on Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:07 pm

The number of members in each profession could be done as a mouse over.

I like the way the faceless are displayed, it protects them from spam crawlers and they have been poked and prodded a few times already.
Tohya
Vel'akar

Postby Jhul'riia on Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:03 am

... Just out of a personal curiosity, should we expect any clarification or further explanation about the faction update at any point?
ClickyImageImageClick?
Jhul'riia
Nether Spawn

Postby Miburo on Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:54 am

Tohya wrote:The number of members in each profession could be done as a mouse over.

The programmer will look into it :)

Tohya wrote:it protects them from spam crawlers.

this is the exact reason, their username is none of our business, it also got a bit confusing who is who with both character, username and forumname. We may implement a sort of PM system on the Ptp-page based on the message system that is now used to send messages for factions but that's a lot more complicated and there is still a few more other things to be done. Automating the hire/fire system for example.

Jhul'riia wrote:... Just out of a personal curiosity, should we expect any clarification or further explanation about the faction update at any point?

not much to explain at the moment, you create/join factions. People seemed to want it for RP reasons more then anything. at our current level they'll have no impact on the clan maybe when the clan grows in power they can be more or less subhouses and more features can be added but that won't be untill we reach some sort of Val/near-Val status in the comic as far as I know.
Miburo
Vel'akar

Postby Thalar on Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:01 pm

Miburo wrote: Automating the hire/fire system for example.

<3
That is not dead which may eternal lie, and with aeons even death may die.

Tar'shay Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, on a boat, throwing things on the ground
Elif Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, Colony Administrator, Tei'kaliath Prime Healer and Phantom Summoner
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Thaluka2 on Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:01 pm

Thalar wrote:
Miburo wrote: Automating the hire/fire system for example.

<3
Ziakas Tei'Kaliath - Scout of Ther'avere
Thaluka2
Vel'akar

Postby Nasfors on Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:39 pm

What about adding the ability for users to change their votes? As discussion occurs and people post semi-duplicate advice options with better wording, it could be helpful to allow people to change their mind up until the deadline. I think this would lead to less divided results, by forgiving those who vote too early.
Nasfors
Vel'akar

Postby kirio on Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:37 am

Nasfors wrote:What about adding the ability for users to change their votes? As discussion occurs and people post semi-duplicate advice options with better wording, it could be helpful to allow people to change their mind up until the deadline. I think this would lead to less divided results, by forgiving those who vote too early.

It would also lead to even more frivolous options being posted as members competed to reword vote options. I don't think it would help a whole lot.
Mana allows us to feel our connection to the world through the elements. Become one with that which thou wouldst change and the magic becomes effortless.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Miburo on Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:09 am

kirio wrote:
Nasfors wrote:What about adding the ability for users to change their votes? As discussion occurs and people post semi-duplicate advice options with better wording, it could be helpful to allow people to change their mind up until the deadline. I think this would lead to less divided results, by forgiving those who vote too early.

It would also lead to even more frivolous options being posted as members competed to reword vote options. I don't think it would help a whole lot.

Kern expects us to think before we speak, we need to self-regulate our votes and our options. The advice box is our voice to the Ilhar and once we open our mouth we should be expected to stand behind it. Same goes with the votes if you make your choice there is no going back, early voters shouldn't be forgiven, they should learn to wait and see all the possibilities and then make their choice.
If we would all submit advice and vote with a level head on our shoulders the chances of dangerous options winning and thngs going wrong in game would be a lot less, but where is the fun in that (for the GM I mean }:3 )
Miburo
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Path to power