Tei'kaliath clan discussion and announcements.

Re: Ther'avare Housing

Postby Thorn on Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:51 pm

Kind of ^^;

A while ago when I tried a project to make new living quarters for the clan it got shot down.

Soooo, I think we are fine with living conditions....

I dont mind people picking where they want for now as long as there is no conflict.

The comic has given more priority to utility buildings than living space, so for now, I plan on focusing on that.
Thorn
Demon

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Madea on Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:11 pm

I recall pushing for using the same layout that exists and just rebuilding everythign in place. The building styles and layout I quite fancy and would hate to see them changed unnecessarily.

The more I think about it, the more I think people should live where they like. I think Ros'ij converting building 10 into a general quarters for individuals is fine, and area 14 I think is a good place for people with families to go, ranked housing, etc. (In my own head, at least).

18 I'm going to keep, but change it from barracks to Warrior Hall; we'll use the building as our briefing room, training hall and armory, and the courtyard will use as our designated training area. Sound good?
In Memoriam of Ceres'thiel.
Madea
Pineapple Warmaster

Location: In EVA above Green Ball, surrounded by Space Kitties!
Clan: Sharen

Postby Tathdrinjss on Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:41 am

can i still sleep in the armory?
Tathdrinjss
Demon

Postby Frost Indri on Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:17 am

It has been my understanding for some time now that the building currently labled #9 is the new home of the forge workers. I remember because it took me a while to figure out what "empty building" Naji was referring to.

Still, I imagine that the engineers must be near the forge workers as well, for all the little parts they need. Maybe you can share the building? It is quite large (as compared to the crafthouse.)
Ka'hab, the potter.
Frost Indri
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Nagimalice on Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:20 am

[quote Nagimalice]
In a similar note i do have a project for you Thorn. (when you can)
It looks like our dear old forge is getting underpowered for the tasks we need from it. My thought is it may be time to build a new one. The design would actually be similar to the kiln, (as it's been proven to work for our tasks)

I even have a spot picked out :w
Image[/quote]
I don't wanna work.. I wanna sit around and bang on the forge all day."
Nagimalice
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Meska369 on Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:15 am

NAgi, 9 is all yours. You need the room.

I'll either take 6 or 17. Will pow-wow with my people.

"I would love to lay pipe... but I have no pipe to lay" - Meska369
Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Location: When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain

Postby Frost Indri on Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:49 pm

hrm... I dunno. I thought that keeping us "makers" all together would be a good idea because we need to work together so often, but that would inturrupt Madae's idea of converting #10 into apartments for warriors. I'd think that (considering the size of the things Ar'lien will be working with eventually) it would be better to have #10 for the engineers and storage for all the random stuff we have. Possibly living quarters for engineers, healers, crafters and blacksmiths.

As for the size of the buildings, I think if you look near the Tomb you'll notice that the War-room/meeting room building extends down beneath the cliff. Some of these buildings have basements, so they're larger than they appear. While I doubt that places like the Healers or crafter hall have basments, #18 certainly could. And give the size of the doors it's enough to hold everyone as is. 43 sounds like a lot (considering our clan), but given regular bunk-beds 43 could easily fit on half the bottom floor of that building. If you split it into rooms then you'll still be fine.

Also, why have living quarters and warrior hall so far apart? #17 is free, has a wall and a yard for training.

Just my thoughts on the matter. The only thing that I really have a say in is where my people sleep, as clearly there's no room in the crafting hall.
Ka'hab, the potter.
Frost Indri
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Meska369 on Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:42 pm

oooo! good point

"I would love to lay pipe... but I have no pipe to lay" - Meska369
Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Location: When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain

Postby Idunyken on Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:56 pm

Frost Indri wrote:hrm... I dunno. I thought that keeping us "makers" all together would be a good idea because we need to work together so often, but that would inturrupt Madae's idea of converting #10 into apartments for warriors. I'd think that (considering the size of the things Ar'lien will be working with eventually)

I could just see that converted to a mechbay :D
PtP - Iduken'di the hoodie-wearing brickie!
"Badai lost his arm intentionally, to give the rest of the world half a chance"
Idunyken
Vel'akar

Location: In a log cabin with beers cooling in the snow outside...livin' the dream!

Postby drakanor on Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:42 am

Idunyken wrote:
Frost Indri wrote:hrm... I dunno. I thought that keeping us "makers" all together would be a good idea because we need to work together so often, but that would inturrupt Madae's idea of converting #10 into apartments for warriors. I'd think that (considering the size of the things Ar'lien will be working with eventually)

I could just see that converted to a mechbay :D

So can I Very easily. very, very easily...
ImageGroup On Deviantart.
drakanor
Summoner

Postby Rulishia on Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:13 am

Tathdrinjss wrote:can i still sleep in the armory?

Careful, as Warrior Quartermaster (I know it's self-proclaimed, but... I did kinda take it). I spend a lot of time in the Armory, so it's kinda like my second home.

Sounds almost like my last underway... I slept in the LAN room most of the time because they messed up the berthing bill (I didn't have a rack/bed...), but at least here I've got a backroom turned into my quarters. :P
Rulishia (formerly of the House of Mithran)
Squad Cute... wait, no... WYVERN!!! - Dini Nidinas, Nar'kaller, Yasha, Ys'sa (the Originals)
ImageMy little Ceru! ^.^ Image Serene! Image Leon!
Rulishia
Demon

Postby Tathdrinjss on Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:08 pm

oohh i understand I was a 92 y aka supply/armorer the 18 and a half months in the sand box I spent most all the time not out on the road in the supply room. build a rack in it had all my stuff, so i full understand the quartermaster , suplly srg living in the armory, but ill gladly be one of you clerks and pms monkeys for some space on the side, besides this way we can always have an armory gaurd.
Tathdrinjss
Demon

Postby Merlune on Sun May 10, 2009 6:48 pm

WOW! *wee* This has been here for two weeks and I have not been run off.

There are some groups that don't have buildings yet, also some places I am not sure where they are. *hmmm*
For example building #22 is a guess based on day 36 http://www.drowtales.com/~pathtopower/archive.php?sid=5344

Also which building have we builders have been working on for the slave quarters; it seems that we are just fixing another part of the ruins.

As for the other groups:
Harvesters, do you want a building of your own or are you happy with the restaurant and supply house by the river?

Thorn, do you want a building for the builders or do you want to wait a little longer?
Merlune
Summoner

Postby kirio on Sat May 16, 2009 11:16 am

I am currently RPing the Veiled script class somewhere in the vicinity of #21 (using a standing wall as a blackboard). Would it be possible to use either #1 or #15 for the classes?
Currently there are 16 students and 2 teachers, so we won't all fit into one of the small buildings. :S

The classes are every day but only held during the mid-day break for 45 minutes. Naturally if #4 is open for use at that time we would prefer to have class there, but we don't want to interfere with clan business.
Mana allows us to feel our connection to the world through the elements. Become one with that which thou wouldst change and the magic becomes effortless.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby kirio on Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:27 am

Thank you. *beer*
Veiled Script class building one.
Mana allows us to feel our connection to the world through the elements. Become one with that which thou wouldst change and the magic becomes effortless.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

PreviousNext

Return to Path to power