Tei'kaliath clan discussion and announcements.

Re: Ther'avare Housing

Postby Merlune on Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:04 pm

Well, this topic is doing pretty good. Thank you so much for letting me know where the slave quarters are. :]

Where is the second forge? I know where the blacksmith wants to have her building, but where is she now? Building #22 is a guess and I don't like those. *doh*

Now there are only two groups that do not have an office the builders and the harvesters. Come on, guys don't be shy. ;)

For future consideration, after we get to building #25 I am going to change how the number order system works in order to handle these different rooms in a building that have something of note.
Merlune
Summoner

Postby Idunyken on Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:11 am

The harvesters have building #25, down by the riverside:

:)
PtP - Iduken'di the hoodie-wearing brickie!
"Badai lost his arm intentionally, to give the rest of the world half a chance"
Idunyken
Vel'akar

Location: In a log cabin with beers cooling in the snow outside...livin' the dream!
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Nagimalice on Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:46 am

Second forge?

The one that was built by thorn and the builders is located at #22 It was moved from where we had our camp outside the city...

And yes 22/9 are where we still reside.

*Edit. The forge that was built by thorn was at #22, we moved to it. got the order wrong..
Last edited by Nagimalice on Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't wanna work.. I wanna sit around and bang on the forge all day."
Nagimalice
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Merlune on Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:32 pm

Yes that the one I was talking about. Thank you so much. XD
Merlune
Summoner

Postby Dsieda on Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:29 pm

We'd like to use Building 15. as the Al'dun faction building. This is where the members of the Al'dun faction will reside and hold our meetings. It's an all in one.
^-^ So now we'll have somewhere to RP!
"I am devious and unpredictable!"
Dsieda
Demon

Postby Merlune on Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:19 pm

This is the first time I've done this *eek* , I am sorry Dsieda but I am going to say no. :[

With 12 factions already in existent it does not seem fair to have buildings set aside for them. It is one thing to mark off a building for a profession which contributes to the clan in providing resources or a service. While with factions, if we start giving you guys building, not all buildings are the same. It could start arguments over the better buildings, even fights, it could tear the clan apart! *crying*

One of the things that is going for our clan is our community. That while we can speak our minds, at the end of the day, we share what we have. Factions are to speak their mind but if we start giving them resources they will start to spend their efforts on keeping and gaining more resources instead of helping the clan. *upset*

And I have probably said too much ^^; for the wrong forum and at the wrong time. *doh* Sorry about that, but Writer is planing to repair the tower and I suggested that we make some small meeting rooms that you can use.
Merlune
Summoner

Postby Frost Indri on Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:01 pm

I agree with your thought/action, Melrun. There are a couple of factions that are "families" and as such the people probably live together. But we don't mark where everyone lives, and the buildings have plenty of rooms that can be temporarily co-opted for gatherings. Maybe we can eventually build a faction-house with offices available. Or maybe people will just improve on the houses, they have. Right now factions are too young to dedicate large amounts of clan space to them.
Ka'hab, the potter.
Frost Indri
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Aerisa on Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:24 pm

If I may? Building #15 is HUGE. Couldn't it be used by ALL of the factions? There would be plenty of space for all of us, we'd just have to say we're using different part of it is all.

EDIT: As was pointed out in our Faction's Skype convo, the building was being requested for RP purposes only, a request that has already been accepted in the past with the Veiled Script's classroom, so it seemed permissible for us, and, I'm hoping, will make it okay for all of the factions to share one Building for RP Settings. If an in game reason to use that building came up, it would negate the RP. Just like everything else RP based.
Stories about Lae'ryza:
Demonic Bond(finished)
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=13359

More to come! *cross fingers*
Aerisa
Vel'akar

Postby Merlune on Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:36 pm

Sorry about the last post. ^^;

And yes, you are right, when RP groups asked I did indulge them in giving them rooms that no one is using. If the official situation changes they would be be kicked out(sorry ^^; ). But I did not feel it was right to give one faction the use of a large building. However, if you what to, for RP sake, to have a building for all the factions to meet and to do things, that is something else.

Now do you want to use building #18 or do you want to wait awhile, for Writer is going to be making some meeting areas in the repaired tower? B)
Last edited by Merlune on Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Merlune
Summoner

Postby blackshade10 on Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:38 pm

Merlune wrote:Sorry about the last post. ^^;

And yes, you are right, when RP groups asked I did indulge them in giving them rooms that no one is using. If the official situation changes they would be be kicked out(sorry ^^; ). But I did not feel it was right to give one faction the use of a large building. However, if you what to, for RP sake, to have a building for all the factions to meet and to do things, that is something else.

Now do you want to use building #18 or do you want to wait awhile for Writer is going to be making some meeting areas in the repaired tower? B)

Merlune, if your last post was you being mean, I wouldn't worry to much about hurt feelings, though the caring is nice. ;)
Drowtales RP Review Assistant
Unofficial DTRPG Newbie Helper
--
Elk Cros'sin Val'Sullisin'rune - "Awww, how cute. You think you can take me."
Ash'vari Ist'aven Val'Sullisin'rune - "Zzzzz... Wait what?"
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Dsieda on Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:08 am

Yes, it was only for RP purposes in the case that, personal housing is not big enough to lay home to 16 people. Unless we all slept ontop of eachother but I don't think they'd appreciate that much, nor would the couples appreciate lack of privacy.

Hehe

In any case, rebuilding the tower would probably be a good idea, depending on how large that would be for the many factions that are going on. Logistically, I'm not sure if they'd all fit (it's possibly over 50 people in a same room) if they'd all go at once. Unless they schedual certain times.

And now I'm going off track. But yes, this was purely for our RP purpose.
"I am devious and unpredictable!"
Dsieda
Demon

Postby thealbinobutterfly on Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:38 am

If a single building is going to be used by all of the factions, we think it should be building number 10.

It is in between the conference hall and anjhali's den, which is a logical location, for faction offices and meeting rooms.
Last edited by thealbinobutterfly on Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
thealbinobutterfly
Vel'akar

Postby Picanet on Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:48 am

Madea wrote: (from the Rp Board) While the RP does not affect comic canon, comic canon affects the RP.

Right now we only have factions. According to Kern we don't have houses yet. If factions start to claim buildings and all faction members start living in that building, that is the same thing as laying claim to that building under the rights of a "house." Which until the house mechanic is introduced, is not allowed. Right now all we need are faction offices and meeting rooms. People still live separately or in small groups, so let's choose a single building for all faction offices and meeting rooms and leave it at that for now.

Building 15 seems too far back and out of the way from the centre of the city for political utility,

As such, I also second building 10.
- Somebody that you used to know
Picanet
Vel'akar

Postby Writer on Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:46 pm

Picanet wrote:
Madea wrote: (from the Rp Board) While the RP does not affect comic canon, comic canon affects the RP.

Right now we only have factions. According to Kern we don't have houses yet. If factions start to claim buildings and all faction members start living in that building, that is the same thing as laying claim to that building under the rights of a "house." Which until the house mechanic is introduced, is not allowed. Right now all we need are faction offices and meeting rooms. People still live separately or in small groups, so let's choose a single building for all faction offices and meeting rooms and leave it at that for now.

Building 15 seems too far back and out of the way from the centre of the city for political utility,

As such, I also second building 10.

We do have houses. Ruined or crumbling houses. That people live in, according to Kern after one of the builder check-ups of the NWern part of Ther'avare.

If you check out the builder thread, you can find a schematic for the Big Tower. Lo and behold, I have included space for meeting room/faction office purposes. Now get your grubby mitts offa #10...By which I mean, the current idea is to build the public bath house there.
Due'gar Tolmen Tei'Kaliath - A busy builder.

A day at work. - "I wish...Um. Nevermind."

Thoughts are like arrows: once released, they strike their mark. Guard them well or one day you may be your own victim. - Navajo proverb.
Writer
Vel'akar

Postby Kir'ima on Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:10 pm

Writer wrote:If you check out the builder thread, you can find a schematic for the Big Tower. Lo and behold, I have included space for meeting room/faction office purposes. Now get your grubby mitts offa #10...By which I mean, the current idea is to build the public bath house there.

If all factions can agree to use the tower rooms for that purpose and hold off otherwise 'claiming' other buildings, then I can support that. Alternately, #10 is a large, multi-level building, so it might also be possible to make lower level(s) the bath area, and upper level(s) the faction offices and meeting rooms. This would make it something like a multi-purpose community centre where people meet to both talk and relax, which might be nice as people and factions could mix and mingle in the baths as well as in the offices and meeting rooms.
waiting patiently for my next chance at Sayatt
everyone stay clear of my blast radius
Kir'ima
the scout

PreviousNext

Return to Path to power