Tei'kaliath clan discussion and announcements.

Regarding IC/OOC

Postby Thalar on Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:30 am

All roleplay must take place in the Roleplay forum.

What does this mean for you? - No IC posts in the general Path to Power subforums.

Going to make this change for three reasons:

1) Members were getting confused as to what was OOC, what was IC, and what actually happened or did not happen. Moving all the roleplay to the Roleplay forum ensures that there are no continuity breaks nor any confusion as to what is IC and what is OOC.

2) Mixing IC and OOC discussions is not working. Either we discuss our issues like players, or we discuss them like our characters, because doing a bit of both only leads to more confusion. Any IC discussion should be going on in a thread within the Roleplay forum, leaving the general Path to Power forum free for OOC discussion, and keeping the two separate (as a player's view is not necessarily the same as the character's view).

3) The "Semi-RP" status has been seen as a green card by some to spam the ranked topics, making meaningful discussions difficult at times. It has also served to confuse members about the nature of the other topics in the general Path to Power forum. The change will remove this ambiguity.

Please note that an approved character sheet is still necessary to participate in the Roleplay section.

In short: The Path to Power forums, with the exception of the Roleplay forum, are OOC.

If you have any comments, please PM me.
That is not dead which may eternal lie, and with aeons even death may die.

Tar'shay Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, on a boat, throwing things on the ground
Elif Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, Colony Administrator, Tei'kaliath Prime Healer and Phantom Summoner
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Re: Important: Please Read

Postby Thalar on Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:50 am

I've gotten some good feedback after this rule was put into effect. :D

I'm going to implement the following change, which applies to the general Path to Power forum as well as the Vault:

IC will be allowed in one [1] general forum thread, viewtopic.php?f=62&t=12864&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a . That thread is not canon.

Contest threads will be allowed the Semi-RP status. IC comments in the contest threads must be within double parenthesis or brackets, to indicate that it is not OOC. Any posts lacking such notification must be assumed to be OOC.

All other threads are OOC.

As before, PM me if you have any comments.
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Return to Path to power