Tei'kaliath clan discussion and announcements.

Re: Clan Resources

Postby Rulishia on Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:32 pm

I have to admit this and actually I was afraid that something like this might happen.

As I have been organizing and separating Resources by the Ranks that either use them the most or would keep ownership of the Resource, It appears that Katralya and her Supply Minions are coming out on top. Apparently they are going to be living up to their name.

Oddly enough, the Crafters are probably going to end up with next to nothing. More than likely, they will end up with nothing at all outside of the Kiln...
Nearly everything the Crafters would need to make anything would have to be drawn from Supply. And in the end, everything the Crafters make goes either back to Supply or to the Rank that commissioned the item(s).
Rulishia (formerly of the House of Mithran)
Squad Cute... wait, no... WYVERN!!! - Dini Nidinas, Nar'kaller, Yasha, Ys'sa (the Originals)
ImageMy little Ceru! ^.^ Image Serene! Image Leon!
Rulishia
Demon

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby kirio on Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:54 pm

It makes sense actually. The crafters are the ultimate producers of added value. ;)
Mana allows us to feel our connection to the world through the elements. Become one with that which thou wouldst change and the magic becomes effortless.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Rulishia on Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:39 pm

FINALLY!!
Took a while (computer fought me for a bit. then I found out the forums went down last night).
The Tables are finally arranged by the Ranks that either use the items the most or keep them.

If there are any comments or complaints, please let me know.
Squad Cute... wait, no... WYVERN!!! - Dini Nidinas, Nar'kaller, Yasha, Ys'sa (the Originals)
Rulishia
Demon

Postby Hfar on Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:41 pm

Just a note, but it claims there are only six slings but you have each of nine scouts equipped with one. Also, in animals/husbandry, the glow bug is not listed with the rest of the animals.
We shall settle this in the ancient way. WITH A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME!
Hfar
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Kiro Kiemi on Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:38 pm

The glow bug is the Kon'Vule. Maybe there should be a short description section there to prevent confusion?
Renn'lir Joural Tei'kaliath: Miner, Enemy of ceak, continuously on "Odd-duty"
Kiro Kiemi
Summoner

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Kir'ima on Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:25 am

Hfar wrote:Just a note, but it claims there are only six slings but you have each of nine scouts equipped with one.

There are 3 slings, and 6 Tei'kaliath slings (not really sure of the difference), for a total of nine slings.
waiting patiently for my next chance at Sayatt
everyone stay clear of my blast radius
Kir'ima
the scout

Postby Rulishia on Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:31 am

Kir'ima wrote:
Hfar wrote:Just a note, but it claims there are only six slings but you have each of nine scouts equipped with one.

There are 3 slings, and 6 Tei'kaliath slings (not really sure of the difference), for a total of nine slings.

Thanks I remembered there were 9 slings (no difference was made). I looked that up after I saw your action saying you were using (9) slings.
Kiro Kiemi wrote:The glow bug is the Kon'Vule. Maybe there should be a short description section there to prevent confusion?

There is a link to the "World Setting" Page in DT for each animal, describing them. Kind of like a direct wiki link :P
Hfar wrote:Just a note, but it claims there are only six slings but you have each of nine scouts equipped with one. Also, in animals/husbandry, the glow bug is not listed with the rest of the animals.

Kir'ima's addressed the Sling issue and the "Glow Bug" is not listed because it has been identified as a "Kon'vule." Just as the "Pack Lizard" has been identified as a "Koa'naka."
Rulishia
Demon

Postby Rulishia on Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:53 pm

Resource Archive updated for EA-42:

38 iron ore to Raw Materials
Clay reduced to -0- units
10 TK MIner helmets added at cost of 5 steel bars (current amount: 6)
6 tables
Gas removed from the Mine

Ryock added to Warrior Training Squad under Tali's command.
Rulishia
Demon

Postby Frost Indri on Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:38 pm

Hey, I just noticed something off. The extruder is kept by the crafters (its on our wall.) The engineers can and do use it (thank god) but so do we (for cups, vases, musical instruments, and I've got some furniture plans for it...)
Ka'hab, the potter.
Frost Indri
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rulishia on Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:18 pm

Oh, I thought it was only used for pipes alone.
I'll update that right away.
Rulishia
Demon

Postby Rulishia on Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:46 pm

From Kir'ima's post: Cavern Information
Kir'ima wrote:I received some confirmation from Kern:
- The river flows towards Chel. This means that upstream is past the dead tree at southeast of our cavern and then turns south towards the Nal'sarkoth area, although there is quite a bit of distance between us and them.
- Tik'tikkis are very small, and "1 unit of tik'tikki resources" cannot be compared to "1 unit of seafood" (i.e. 1 unit of tik'tikki meat will not feed 10 people). As for the leather that could be obtained, it would take a large number of the little beasts to make even a simple cloak. Scouts can hunt for tik'tikkis, but our effectiveness would be the same as the harvesters in this task.
Rulishia
Demon

Postby Rulishia on Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:13 am

Updated for EA-84: Day 43

12 Clay added to Raw Materials
Femur (2) supply removed from Raw Materials, due to manufacture into "Handles" (2)
Handles (2) added to Supplies
Iron Ore (38) reduced to (-0-), smelted into Steel Bar (20) - Way to go! Almost a 1-for-1 transfer now!
(20) Steel Bars added to Raw Materials, total now (26)
(1) Diamond, small added to Supplies under Engineer/Technicians - Why are diamonds significant to Drow? Are they not just another gemstone?
Coal added as a possible resource to Mine in Raw Materials

Trends in Manufacturing updated: (2) Iron Ore = (1) Steel Bar [38 Iron Ore into 20 Steel Bars conversion rate]

Geld'rria added as a recruit in Tali's Training Squad - Armory, currently unarmed and unarmored. (Looks kind of like Cloud Strife doesn't he?)
Rulishia
Demon

Postby Thaluka2 on Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:34 pm

Diamonds are very useful for industrial tools, and might have a possible application in golem-making because of their hardness. That's all I can think of besides that they are shiny~
Ziakas Tei'Kaliath - Scout of Ther'avere
Thaluka2
Vel'akar

Postby Rulishia on Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:01 pm

Yes, diamonds are useful for industrial tools... For dirt-humes... (and Real World Applications [lasers, cutters, etc.])
My question was: "What do DROW need diamonds for?"

When we received the inventory item known simply as "Gemstones," I asked if this could be defined. There are many kinds of gemstones, here is a list of a few I found just looking up "gemstone" on Wikipedia:
Turqouise, Hematite, Chrysocolla, Tigers-eye, Quartz, Tourmaline, Carnelian, Pyrite, Suglite, Malachite, Rose Quatz, Obsidian, Ruby, Moss Agate, Jasper, Amethyst, Lace Agate, Lapis Lazuli, Diamond, Emerald, Sapphire, Pearl (not really a gemstone, yet it is precious), Opal, etc.

As you can see, Diamonds are considered a gemstone and I was (and still am) tempted to lump the diamond in among the "Various Gemstones" heading. I asked for definition of these before, but was told that Drow do not consider gemstones valuable as humans do. They are simply used as a focus for a Mana Powerstone or other kinds of Foci.
Therefore, the gemstones were placed among the "Supplies" and given over to the Engineers for their Golems and not in the "Valuables" pile where we as humans would have placed them.

So PLEASE!! If we are going to separate the Diamond from the other "Gemstones" can I get a definition of what ALL the gemstones are?

And while we are at it... Can we please define what the "Valuable Decorations" are? Candlesticks? A crystal shot-glass? Gilded earwax? What is it?!?
Rulishia
Demon

Postby kirio on Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:09 pm

Thaluka2 wrote:Diamonds are very useful for industrial tools, and might have a possible application in golem-making because of their hardness. That's all I can think of besides that they are shiny~

Very true. We'll have to check with Kern to see if they have any value as mana stones.

As far as being gemstones diamonds are vastly overrated. They are far and away the most common of gemstones number and production wise (a high quality piece of amber is actually harder to come by than a good sized diamond). Their high price is due to the virtual monopoly of a single mining company in South Africa that not only controls nearly 90% of world production but also owns the only wholesale trading company and controls the certification of diamond gem quality stone cutting licenses.

If you want a genuinely rare (and truly valuable) gem stone buy a Sri Lankan star ruby or star sapphire. ;)

BTW, the word 'adamantium' is actually derived from a word meaning diamond. The stuff in Drowtales is a decendant of the stuff in D&D which itself is from Marvel Comics (thank you Fantastic Four) *rolleyes* and is somewhere between a crystal and a metal and thus not diamond. In this situation diamond tools would be an inferior substitute for ada tools. *lol*
Mana allows us to feel our connection to the world through the elements. Become one with that which thou wouldst change and the magic becomes effortless.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

PreviousNext

Return to Path to power