Tei'kaliath clan discussion and announcements.

Re: Clan Resources

Postby Hfar on Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:09 am

Thaluka2 wrote:They were supposed to be for us, but they do look like warrior helms (bit open-faced to be honest but they're serviceable and it's a macro game so they could be full steel sallets and have the same "stats" as it were). Maybe it would make more sense for warriors to have helmets first though.

Hey, don't forget that apparently there are apparently entire squads of Sargress infantry who like to go into battle with little more than forehead protectors.
We shall settle this in the ancient way. WITH A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME!
Hfar
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Nasfors on Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:11 am

That's pretty dumb, too. The forehead is one of the harder parts of the skull, so why strengthen your least vulnerable parts?
Nasfors
Vel'akar

Postby Thaluka2 on Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:13 am

It's a fantasy comic, at least there is no bikini-chainmail to be seen (although that Vlozzie summoner chick fights in a colorful cocktail dress). :D
Ziakas Tei'Kaliath - Scout of Ther'avere
Thaluka2
Vel'akar

Postby Rulishia on Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:40 am

Nasfors wrote:That's pretty dumb, too. The forehead is one of the harder parts of the skull, so why strengthen your least vulnerable parts?

Yes, true. However, by strengthening the hardest part of your skull it makes it far easier to hurt the other guy with a headbutt.
Rulishia (formerly of the House of Mithran)
Squad Cute... wait, no... WYVERN!!! - Dini Nidinas, Nar'kaller, Yasha, Ys'sa (the Originals)
ImageMy little Ceru! ^.^ Image Serene! Image Leon!
Rulishia
Demon

Postby Meckruco on Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:36 pm

Rulishia wrote:
Nasfors wrote:That's pretty dumb, too. The forehead is one of the harder parts of the skull, so why strengthen your least vulnerable parts?

Yes, true. However, by strengthening the hardest part of your skull it makes it far easier to hurt the other guy with a headbutt.

i used this in a DnD setting before. it worked. ive also used it for my FF11 RP also worked. yet to use it with Meck in here.. but it is part of my Brawler style of Tir'ay.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum" If you desire peace, prepare for war.
House the of Will of Fire
Fourth Tir'ay Champ is Meck the bear killer.
Meckruco
Vel'akar

Postby Rulishia on Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:40 pm

Updated:
100 Ada added to "Valuables"
Mine and various data added to "Raw Materials".
Squad Cute... wait, no... WYVERN!!! - Dini Nidinas, Nar'kaller, Yasha, Ys'sa (the Originals)
Rulishia
Demon

Postby Rulishia on Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:08 am

I was thinking of sub-dividing some of the supplies and resources into categories by job.

Like: Medical / Miner/ Engineer fields for those tools and resources that seem to be used by each respective group.
If anyone has some input about that or how they might like to see these pages displayed, please feel free.
Rulishia
Demon

Postby kirio on Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:54 pm

Rulishia wrote:I was thinking of sub-dividing some of the supplies and resources into categories by job.

Like: Medical / Miner/ Engineer fields for those tools and resources that seem to be used by each respective group.
If anyone has some input about that or how they might like to see these pages displayed, please feel free.

That sounds good.
It might also be useful to have tables including resources used by some but not all ranked members to make it easier for them to see which resources require negotiation and who to negotiate with. ;)
Mana allows us to feel our connection to the world through the elements. Become one with that which thou wouldst change and the magic becomes effortless.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby kirio on Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:58 pm

Thaluka2 wrote:It's a fantasy comic, at least there is no bikini-chainmail to be seen (although that Vlozzie summoner chick fights in a colorful cocktail dress). :D

Technically she's not really a Vloz but a Sharen in exile. Her loyalty to the Vloz has some mighty big strings attached. They need her a lot more than she needs them. It's conceivable that her mother could take over directing Kharla'ggen now that Sene'kha is gone.
Mana allows us to feel our connection to the world through the elements. Become one with that which thou wouldst change and the magic becomes effortless.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Pariel on Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:08 pm

kirio wrote:
Thaluka2 wrote:It's a fantasy comic, at least there is no bikini-chainmail to be seen (although that Vlozzie summoner chick fights in a colorful cocktail dress). :D

Technically she's not really a Vloz but a Sharen in exile. Her loyalty to the Vloz has some mighty big strings attached. They need her a lot more than she needs them. It's conceivable that her mother could take over directing Kharla'ggen now that Sene'kha is gone.

NISHI'KANTA!?... er, I think you confused Nibai and Niju's mother here...
"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one." - Marcus Aurelius.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Clan: Sharen

Postby Rulishia on Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:13 pm

kirio wrote:
Rulishia wrote:I was thinking of sub-dividing some of the supplies and resources into categories by job.

That sounds good.
It might also be useful to have tables including resources used by some but not all ranked members to make it easier for them to see which resources require negotiation and who to negotiate with. ;)

So for the Ranked Member's Resources are you thinking of something similar to how I have the Clan Armory divided up among the warriors?
Rulishia
Demon

Postby kirio on Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:31 pm

Rulishia wrote:So for the Ranked Member's Resources are you thinking of something similar to how I have the Clan Armory divided up among the warriors?

Yes, but instead of Bearers/users you would list the ranked members who access that resource.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Thaluka2 on Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:07 pm

kirio wrote:

She seems to be pretty heavy into Sene'kha's pretend philosophy of overthrowing the clans that Baliir bought into. Even wasting time trying to discuss it with a Kyorl in battle. But yeah with Sene'kha gone, who knows. She probably has no where else to run (exept to go back to the Sharen), not that many clans even want to deal with tainted. And the Bel would never approve of that outfit. :x
Ziakas Tei'Kaliath - Scout of Ther'avere
Thaluka2
Vel'akar

Postby Rulishia on Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:03 am

Oh crap... I think the recent appearance of the "phantom armor" for Ayame in the LA page was my fault...

I listed her squad as being armored instead of "awaiting armor." Oops...
Rulishia
Demon

Postby Nasfors on Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:04 am

Don't be so hard on yourself, Reza doesn't read the forum.

Several pages back, Tali was at the battle in a 16th set of TK armor. It isn't your fault.
Nasfors
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Path to power