The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Khanzalika's slavequarters

Postby Miburo on Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:19 pm

As it seems that every ranked member has a topic of his/her own, I too want to hear the clans input on our slave workforce.
Some of us are sceptic about the use of slaves wich is a valid concern we have little to offer to keep them loyal to us and we have even less to force them to stay. Nevertheless I do hope I can convince them it's in their best interest to stay and work with us.

I hope/assume Khanzalika can control the 9 slaves on her own, if the number grows I'll use this topic to look for overseers to work with me.

Ok so lets get this show on the road. My first action would be to meet up with our lady healer and inform on the condition of the slaves and introduce myself to them and explain the situation. I also want to know more about them where they come from and who their masters were.
This might be too much for one action so I'll be Pm-ing the other ranked members to make sure I do it right.

Tei'kaliath, please let me know your concerns, advice and anything else you want to tell aunty Khanza.
Miburo
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Re: Khanzalika's slavequarters

Postby kirio on Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:21 pm

Anything they could tell us about the city will be very important to us. Question them separately in case one or two of them try to feed us a con. The questions are a good opportunity to show that the Tei'kaliath is not a clan of cruelity. Giving them a chance to talk about themselves and bitch about their former owners will help them to relax. :)
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Meckruco on Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:33 pm

i think that if they get a little "frisky" have a few of the warriors "talk" with them.

this is my personal opinion though. they are people too, so if we treet them right maybe they wont want to leave. and for the record. i am forever a warrior.
Meckruco
Vel'akar

Postby Meska369 on Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:11 am

Congrats!!!
Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Location: When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain

Postby Hetros on Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:01 am

^---- what she said. *throws confetti-smoke bomb and ninja vanishes*
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Kail'odian on Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:09 am

Meska369 wrote:Congrats!!!

Yeah, first a Congrats Miburo. :)

Next, I'll ask if you can remember when you played down in the gladiator arena battle in the game tavern - You had Illen'sana right? It may be best for Khanza'lika to act like your other slaver character in the treatment of the slaves for now. Really though, mainly my opinon is If they act up, they will be punished, and if they do as ordered, they get good treatment.

kirio wrote:Question them separately in case one or two of them try to feed us a con.

That's a good idea. That way, the slaves should have an fairly unbiased view on the answers they give to the questions which will be asked.

Lastly, if and when you need an assistant (besides a slave that is ^^), I'd like to volunteer as one (Once I clear it with the Warmaster of course, and when my shift as Illharess bodyguard is over. *smallsmile*)
Kail'odian
Vel'akar

Clan: Sharen

Postby Miburo on Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:20 am

See, this is why I need this thread. Seperate interrogations, great idea.
I'll see if I can get them to talk about the city and lands seperate first and then they can tell their personal history in the group.

Slave group therapy!!
"I see, so your previous master whipped you, how did that make you feel? What do you think it means?"

No need to worry Kail, Khanzalika might seem more rough then Illan'sana but she would be even nicer. Illen'sanas childlike, naive mind sees nothing wrong with gladiator fights where Khanza understands that fighting for the entertainment of others isn't as romantic as it sounds.
You can never expect someone to do something you wouldn't do yourself. Those are words Khanzalika lives by.
Miburo
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Thalar on Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:44 pm

Feel free to report in the Meeting of the Minds thread as well, Khan. I've already edited my action to include giving you a briefing of the slaves' injuries btw.
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Thalar on Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:30 pm

Oh and event script deadline is tuesday, so input your action and don't forget to vote for it. ^^;
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Postby Meska369 on Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:02 pm

Oh, and whoever becomes engineer may have need of at least one Slave to work the water pumps in case we cannot power it with mana. We will try to avoid needing to resort to it.
Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Location: When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain

Postby Zafia on Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:36 pm

When you ask them questions you might want to not bring them into a different room out of site of the others, but instead a place in site of the other but out of hearing distance. That way they can see you only mean to talk, they could see that you aren't threatening any of them and would eliminate any "being separated" kind of panic. You wouldn't return them to the others though, probably off to the side from where you are asking questions, but again all still in sight. That so that they don't go back to the others and tell them what you were asking in case they decide to plot to tell lies. Also maybe a food reward after you talk to them (at least to those that don't openly act out against answering the questions). So the others would see peaceful talking and being given food. Though that could be a bad idea, I really have no clue about how to train slaves and earn their trust... ^^;
Last edited by Zafia on Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zafia
Tainted

Postby kirio on Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:45 am

That's a good idea Zafia. The one answering questions needs to be facing away from the other slaves though.
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Zafia on Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:34 pm

How come? If possible lip-reading abilities are your thoughts than they could just read Khanzalika's lips.
Zafia
Tainted

Postby Thalar on Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:40 pm

Because Khan'zalika will likely be in better control of her facial expression, and it'd be bad for business if the others saw the look on the person being talked to's face. I think *smallsmile*
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Postby kirio on Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:43 pm

Not lip reading but threats communicated through body language. It really doesn't matter if they know the questions since the information we're after is pretty mundane stuff. If the slaves can't see the others when answering it reduces any anxiety they'll have when answering and make it difficult for potential trouble makers to coordinate the indifferent or intimidate the meek who would rather serve than fight for freedom. ^^;
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Next

Return to Community Centre