Tei'kaliath clan discussion and announcements.

Re: Path to Power: New Subscriber Introduction Thread!

Postby Brosis on Thu May 07, 2009 8:57 pm

Welcome new guy! and good luck in the mine!.... and try not to collapse it :P
Used to be Bronith :(
And later I was Bronir! :/
But now PtP is dead so I'm back being nobody :/
Brosis
Demon

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Laeon on Thu May 07, 2009 10:52 pm

Hello to the rest of the clan, *bows his head* I am known as Laeon. I actualy subscribed last weekend but have been catching up on the events till this morning. Now all that is left is to decide on where to be of assistance. If anyone has a suggestion I would appreciate it. I noticed that the miners have the most desperate status as far as the Employment thread is concirned but with Sun'Alver joining them they will be at 14, the second largest group behind the warriors. So my question is are they still more desperate, as the employment thread states, then the others? ... P.S. how many brain cells does the gas in the mine kill per turn? ^^;
Laeon Tei'kaliath
Laeon
Nether Seed

Postby Lt Anders on Fri May 08, 2009 3:30 am

Desperate: Always.
Brain Cells: Not enough to matter(have none to begin with).

I'd gladly let you join(of course, you'd have to wait for the Sun)

If mining doesn't suit you, the Overseers could use some love.
Loyalty is not bought, but earned.-Me
Vae Victus-Woe to the vanquished.
Best. Song. Ever.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q267 ... s/Maiq.png
Tei'Kaliath: M'aiq(My-eek), Mine Manager
Lt Anders
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Thaluka2 on Fri May 08, 2009 3:37 am

Meh Overseers are fine. How much help is needed to control slaves too dumb to not sleep in their own crap? Miners always need more people! If we had as many miners as we have soldiers that still wouldn't be enough! We could have one rock group, one ore group, one crystal group....................*drools*..............
Ziakas Tei'Kaliath - Scout of Ther'avere
Thaluka2
Vel'akar

Postby PenDragon on Fri May 08, 2009 5:34 am

Thaluka2 wrote:Meh Overseers are fine. How much help is needed to control slaves too dumb to not sleep in their own crap?

I'm glad a Miner think that he knows so much about the Overseers. ^^; Those same slaves were making crude weapons that could have killed an Overseer or other clan members not long ago, so "dumb" slaves can still be dangerous.

Sarcasm aside... more Overseers means more control over the slaves, and more safety when we split our attention between the ranks (including the Miners). We'd be happy to accept more help since we'll no doubt get more slaves in the future, but I'd prefer we not exceed a 2 slave to 1 Overseer ratio. If another rank needs the help more than, I'd say we're fine for now.
If something seems too good to be true, you're supposed to shoot it just in case.
- Fiona Glenanne, "Burn Notice"

FYI: No, I have not made 16 million forum posts; that number is the result of a glitch. Don't ask.
PenDragon
Shard of the Old God

Postby Exate on Fri May 08, 2009 6:58 am

PenDragon wrote:Sarcasm aside... more Overseers means more control over the slaves, and more safety when we split our attention between the ranks (including the Miners). We'd be happy to accept more help since we'll no doubt get more slaves in the future, but I'd prefer we not exceed a 2 slave to 1 Overseer ratio.
The higher the slave/overseer ratio, the greater the economic viability of the whole slavery paradigm. Personally, I would consider 5/1 or even 10/1 desirable, should we be able to obtain it. Increasing general overseer competence and clan infrastructure will be needed before that's in reach, but... every person working as an overseer is only adding productivity to the clan through the work that their slaves accomplish. If the slaves per person aren't accomplishing a lot, the whole thing is pointless.

...it occurs to me that this is probably not the ideal place for this discussion. My apologies.

Welcome to the clan, all new people.
Exate
Demon

Postby PenDragon on Fri May 08, 2009 7:43 am

Enough, everybody. ^^; I understand the Miners want more help, but don't try to marginalize the Overseers and the services they perform. If anyone has any questions, comments, criticisms, and suggestions on how the Overseers should handle their business they should be made in the Slave Master's thread and not here. ;)

Furthermore, I think you should let the newcomers choose which rank they want to join on their own. Making suggestions on who to join is fine, but don't make suggestions at the expense of another rank. That's just plain rude.

Anyway... Welcome to all the newcomers! :D
If something seems too good to be true, you're supposed to shoot it just in case.
- Fiona Glenanne, "Burn Notice"

FYI: No, I have not made 16 million forum posts; that number is the result of a glitch. Don't ask.
PenDragon
Shard of the Old God

Postby Writer on Sat May 09, 2009 1:10 am

Welcome to the clan, Laeon!

All the ranks are currently recruiting (with the exception of the ambassador and engineers), and all have more or less a good base of workers, though with more hands still being appreciated in each one. So feel free to pick and choose as you yourself want.
Due'gar Tolmen Tei'Kaliath - A busy builder.

A day at work. - "I wish...Um. Nevermind."

Thoughts are like arrows: once released, they strike their mark. Guard them well or one day you may be your own victim. - Navajo proverb.
Writer
Vel'akar

Postby Kran on Sat May 09, 2009 6:04 pm

Sorry for the delayed notice, my name is Honu (pronounced: hon-new)
I joined PtP a few weeks ago.
Lately, I've been focusing on developing my character and getting a job.(with Thalar's help :D )
Recently, recruited with the harvesters.

In real life, I'm taking my Associates Degree in Natural Resources in Technology. So, this helps me apply my knowledge. (For fun :])
Honu Al'dun Tei'kaliath
Kran
Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby blackshade10 on Sat May 09, 2009 6:38 pm

Kran wrote:Sorry for the delayed notice, my name is Honu (pronounced: hon-new)
I joined PtP a few weeks ago.
Lately, I've been focusing on developing my character and getting a job.(with Thalar's help :D )
Recently, recruited with the harvesters.

In real life, I'm taking my Associates Degree in Natural Resources in Technology. So, this helps me apply my knowledge. (For fun :])

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay. :]
Drowtales RP Review Assistant
Unofficial DTRPG Newbie Helper
--
Elk Cros'sin Val'Sullisin'rune - "Awww, how cute. You think you can take me."
Ash'vari Ist'aven Val'Sullisin'rune - "Zzzzz... Wait what?"
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Taruna on Mon May 11, 2009 9:33 pm

*steps forward*

Vendui, i am Taruna.

Some of you may already have been known me via the shout box.

Let me say prior to all others, that i am honored of the warm greetings i received in the Shout box so far and will do my best to be an worthy addition to you guys.

Toward my personal Informations:

My name is Jennifer, i live in Berlin and are 28 years old. (so please forgive me for my bad grammar, i am still training)

I have been playing Role playing Games from MMORPG's (Lineage 2 for example), Pen & Paper (don't even let me begin the list of systems..) and finally a little bit of Live Action Role playing Games for over 16 years now.
I am as well hopeless ashamed i didn't found this Page earlier, (because of what i found here is like Heaven for my Soul) as i am Honoured to see myself been taken to the Warriors-to-be list as well.

I am still working on an proper Character-Background now and promise to try my best to get an Character fitting as well into the Comic as into the Role play. Suggestions are always welcome, and some "Drafts" are made in my Shout box-Bio already.

I also would be honored to have the opportunity to get the "recruiting" solved in any Role play-Manner. Maybe in the shape of an RP-Conversation with an recruiting Officer?

If there are any Questions left: Ask, and i will answer all questions honestly as usual.
Last edited by Taruna on Tue May 12, 2009 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taruna Tei'kaliath - Former Warmaster - 2nd Tir'ay Champ (Warr.)
Family
Nimaraidh
Because inside of everyone of us is a warrior
Whose courage is like a sword
But the biggest weapon is his heart
(Silbermond - Krieger des Lichts)
Taruna
Vel'akar

Postby Kiro Kiemi on Tue May 12, 2009 6:18 pm

Welcome, Taruna! I've seen you in the shoutbox. We're always happy to have a clan member take up arms to defend the Tei'kaliath. Welcome to Path to Power!

If you're looking for a place to roleplay, the Tir'ay Thread is usually pretty active, and a great place for the warriors to work out. There is also a Warrior General Thread, but it's been unactive as of late. Or you could snag Madea or Picanet (the Warmaster and Second) for a private roleplay, but you'll have to ask them through PM.

I look forward to seeing you around the Roleplay forum! It's always nice to have some fresh blood there. :3
Renn'lir Joural Tei'kaliath: Miner, Enemy of ceak, continuously on "Odd-duty"
Kiro Kiemi
Summoner

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Katharos Ombre on Fri May 22, 2009 1:27 am

Greetings. I am a Tei'kaliath since noon.

I hope to have fun with all of you.

I planned my character before subscribing, but I read the secret archives to make sure my information was still fitting.

I plan to be an ex-slave which was being grumpy and doubtful for days along with the 23 other ones. Also, if M'aiq allows me, I will join the miners, they seem like a fun bunch and they need help.

I don't like talking too much, so expect short answers from me. Unless I get extremely happy, but we all turn stupid when the giddy button is turned on.

I'll try to get a decent drawing for my character this weekend instead of the poorly edited avatar I have currently in PtP.

I might also join the roleplay threads if it's not too complicated, who knows.
vagabondage... nothing interesting yet.

Ombr'eh Totolo Tei'kaliath on Path to Power 1-2-3
Katharos Ombre
Demon

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Gojinki on Fri May 22, 2009 8:04 am

Welcome welcome Ombre! ^^

I think you will enjoy the mine ^^ THEY HAVE JENGA EXTREME!!

^^; Almost almost went there myself for that exact reason ^^;
Gojinki
Vel'akar

Postby benuminister on Fri May 22, 2009 3:33 pm

Hello My name is a Biel and I have just thrown my hat into the ring by joining the clan Yesterday.

It is my goal to make a name for myself and fully develop the characteristics of my character with in the Path to Power world. Aside from

that I have visions of starting as a blacksmith and moving my way towards designing not only weapons or armor but statues and figurines.

In real live I have visions of becoming a either a 3d animator or graph artist.
Tei'Kaliath: Biel (Bay-elle) Tel'mari, Forge Master and Novice at the Hammer Toss

EA process:
Friday: Post -> Saturday: Discuss and Edit -> Sunday: Final Draft

The Al'dun, more then just another family.
benuminister
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Path to power