Tei'kaliath clan discussion and announcements.

Re: Path to Power: New Subscriber Introduction Thread!

Postby FSEffect on Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:22 am

Hi there.
I got the subscription to Path to Power a few months back but didn't really participate.
I clicked about the statistics bit on the top left every now and again, and finally couldn't stand being called a refugee (and feeling useless).
I'm a 21 year old male BBC post grad in Microbiology from MMU UK. Currently I'm looking for a job before applying for a PhD at UMan (again in Microbiology).
Other than my study interests in Microbiology, I'm an avid gamer with a Wii, X360, and PC, and am currently playing Soul Calibur 4, Spore, Guild Wars, and a bunch of other games, because I've bugger all to do when I'm not working part time at my parents chip shop, or looking for a job. Coinciding with my bugger all to do situation, I also watch anime, generally surfing the internet, and watch TV (mostly torrented the shows I like (QI, Scrubs, New BSG etc)).
Having painted a picture of me seeming to be a lazy sod, I'll cover that up by saying I like table tennis (what Chinese person doesn't?), badminton, and I did Wing Tsun (kung fu) for 4 years. I've also got an interest in military stuff (history, weapons, tactics), general science (I subscribe to NewScientist), and as mentioned before gaming.
My character name will be Kerr Nigit (points for anyone who gets this reference) and like me will be male (which would seem odd because all my GW characters are female)

Anyway enough rambling; nice to meet you all and I'm sure we'll all be firm friends.
"People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people"

Clan's designated marksman
Kerr Nigit

Kerr's sister and relic hunter
Kay Nigit
FSEffect
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Jeriah on Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:31 am

((You're in good company, I'm sure. Welcome to PtP.))
- Ank'iseth Samarrikh
Jeriah
Vel'akar

Postby Jaibyrd on Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:50 am

FSEffect wrote:My character name will be Kerr Nigit (points for anyone who gets this reference) and like me will be male (which would seem odd because all my GW characters are female)

Ni! Er, Hello!

I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. Uh, Welcome to PtP, I hope you'll enjoy it here!

Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time! Eh, excuse me while I go take my nasty medicine... ^^;
AIM: Desinique - YIM: jai_byrd13 - MSN: Jai_byrd13@hotmail.com - Skype: jaibyrd13 - Twitter: Jaibyrd - dA: Jaibyrd
Jaibyrd
Vel'akar

Postby Hfar on Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:03 am

Welcome, FS! I hope your stay will be enjoyable!

Jaibyrd wrote:
FSEffect wrote:My character name will be Kerr Nigit (points for anyone who gets this reference) and like me will be male (which would seem odd because all my GW characters are female)

Ni! Er, Hello!

I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. Uh, Welcome to PtP, I hope you'll enjoy it here!

Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time! Eh, excuse me while I go take my nasty medicine... ^^;

*Ahahahahah!* Oh, god! The french men-at-arms are probably my all time favorite characters from MP&tHG! I love ya Jai!
We shall settle this in the ancient way. WITH A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME!
Hfar
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Writer on Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:41 am

Welcome aboard, Kerr Nigit Tei'kaliath! Don't worry about your lengthy state of refugee-hood, you'll be mercilessly exploited (whenever you decide to apply to a rank) in order to make up for the weeks of lost work and consumption of food. :V

... Except if you join the scouts. They'll let you continue your slothful ways. 8P
Due'gar Tolmen Tei'Kaliath - A busy builder.

A day at work. - "I wish...Um. Nevermind."

Thoughts are like arrows: once released, they strike their mark. Guard them well or one day you may be your own victim. - Navajo proverb.
Writer
Vel'akar

Postby FSEffect on Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:08 pm

Thanks for the welcome. Still haven't picked out a profession yet, though arrow fodder (warrior) and scout seems to be tempting. Maybe if there was bowyer I could sign up for :P.

Jaibyrd wrote:

Ni! Er, Hello!

Well I promised points so here's ten points and you also get a shrubbery. :3
"People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people"

Clan's designated marksman
Kerr Nigit

Kerr's sister and relic hunter
Kay Nigit
FSEffect
Vel'akar

Postby sunblaze on Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:58 pm

Hmm ok here I go. I am 26 live in germany and am currently employed at a medical factory.

Hobbies are apart from rpg'ing, reading, webcomics, my PC, collecting minerals and reading did I mention reading? Seriously last time the inventory of my collection" was 692 books. More will be added as soon as I get my payment this month. :3 I love a kinds of history doesn't matter if in textbooks museums or TV as long as it hast enough valid references. Same goes for nature and science. Music, movies and sports isn't exactly my favourite. Some are good yes but most are not good enough to bother learning names of actors and knowing every scene from mind. Comics on the other hand are good for that. :) The only sportly activity I am doing regulary is step-aerobic. Got into it 2,5 years back and still enjoing it.

I'll look forward to visit the forum often and do my work in the PtP clan.

@Bamawing
Sure apart from wikipedia you might notice that most germans are a bit stiff when it comes to advancing a unknown person. Especially in smaller towns and on the landscape. City-people are used to greet random unknown people but in smaller communities you might get wierd looks like 'what the heck?' if you greet them on the street. Don't mind that, I am in a smaller community as well and you adjust to that. Don't stop doing it maybe someday it will work in their heads B) . But if you manage to befriend some people they are much more open and loyal to you.

The land itself is difficult to describe. You are able to get to most places without a car. Even shopping in malls or communities or long trips is easily done by bus. Generally infrastructure is very good, but also very expensive. Fuel and recources prizes are probably every US-citizen's worst nightmare.

Remember that germany has rougly 80 million inhabitants and the usa nearly 300 million but is 30 times larger then germany. So you see more people in smaller places. It's not overcrowded but you might wonder how many more small villages are on that road until the next bigger city. :D
Last edited by sunblaze on Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Syliana Thesianye - nurse in training and mushroom-fanatic
sunblaze
Nether Seed

Postby Maydra on Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:41 am

Hey all!

I'm new to actually posting here, but not so new to lurking about. I first subscribed earlier in the year in June,but then had to stop. I only recently was able to resubscribe. :D

I'm a 21 year old college student, and enjoy studying Japanese language and culture as well as rping, drawing, reading, and procrastinating from doing actual class work. XD

I'm not sure how involved I'll actually be, but I'm looking forward to seeing the clan grow!
Maydra
Tik'tikki

Postby Writer on Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:19 pm

Sunblaze and Maydra! Two new effectives!

Sunblaze: Blimey. And I thought -I- loved reading. Welcome to Path to Power! G'luck with your work as a healer.

Maydra: You probably know this, since you've been lurking, but... Even if you aren't very active in the chatbox and on the forum, your drow may still take up work and aid the clan as part of a ranked member's work crew! This has the benefit that he/she may get pictured occasionally as part of said work crew, especially if you've made a description for your character, or provided a reference picture.

Just ask for one of the ranks to hire you, and chances are they will take you on, since all ranks are currently hiring.

Lastly, if you make a description, don't go changing it arbitrarily. Your refugee doesn't have access to plastic surgery and a tailor, so think about what you want to be seen as before you create your description. That said, welcome to Path to Power!
Due'gar Tolmen Tei'Kaliath - A busy builder.

A day at work. - "I wish...Um. Nevermind."

Thoughts are like arrows: once released, they strike their mark. Guard them well or one day you may be your own victim. - Navajo proverb.
Writer
Vel'akar

Postby RayVic on Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:48 am

Hello folks,

I joined recently and after getting the whole access-to-the-forums issue squared away I am now here to say: Hi!

I'm 22 years old, male, and university student seeing no end to being one. I study Latin and soon will switch from teaching of chemistry to teaching of history... it just jives more with Latin and all. I enjoy some anime (Code Geass anyone?), manga, sci-fi/fantasy fiction as well as ancient history books, in addition to long walks on the beach when they're not so long nor sandy.

Yours soon to be serving under a ranked master,

Ray Vic
RayVic
Tik'tikki

Postby Siv'Wilroz on Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:25 am

Hi there new flesh!

Welcome to P2P, I hope you will do well here. Have fun.

PS: Beware the chibies
Siv'Wilroz
Demon

Postby Thindra on Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:41 pm

Siv'Wilroz wrote:PS: Beware the chibies

Especially the ones dressed in green that smile all the time.
To'ast - We will either find a way, or make one.
Thindra
Summoner

Postby Kir'ima on Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:28 pm

Welcome, RayVic!
Thindra wrote:

And if you do see any, remember to shake them down for their pot of ada...
waiting patiently for my next chance at Sayatt
everyone stay clear of my blast radius
Kir'ima
the scout

Postby Siv'Wilroz on Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:03 pm

Kir'ima wrote:Welcome, RayVic!
Thindra wrote:

XD
Siv'Wilroz
Demon

Postby Hetros on Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:47 am

Kir'ima wrote:Welcome, RayVic!
Thindra wrote:

no, seriously, chibi's are a menace (albeit, a very, very cute one). There's 6 steps to disposing of them (they're like nuclear waste, they never actually go away).

1. stun with cookie overload (about 50 open cookie jars of every flavor will do it)
2. shake down for their pot of ada
3. seal inside a block of concrete and lead.
4. Drop down the deepest mine shaft you can find
5. ? ? ?
6. Profit.
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

PreviousNext

Return to Path to power