Tei'kaliath clan discussion and announcements.

Re: Path to Power: New Subscriber Introduction Thread!

Postby Kir'ima on Fri May 09, 2008 6:15 am

Kir'ima here. Love what Kern & Co. are doing with DrowTales and PTP, and hope I don't overstep or embarrass myself too badly at first, you know, like double posts in the shout box (insert "get the newbie" macro here).

In real life? Well, kind of like my character. Probably older than most, I have seen a lot of different places with close to half my life outside my home country, and held a lot of different jobs, from farmer/rancher and construction to professional student, sales, office worker, import/export trader, teacher, and even the dreaded 'bureaucrat'. Currently a freelance translator, who knows what I will be doing a couple of years from now.

My character is the typical never-settled-down jack-of-all-trades type, so add me to any war party in a crisis, and when it's over just throw me back into the general labor pool unless there is some special short-term project that I feel a particular need to do.
Kir'ima
the scout

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Malithra on Sun May 11, 2008 10:12 pm

Hello everyone~

Mal'ithra here and I'm new to Path To Power. Ehehe, actually I just subscribed yesterday after much debate with myself of reading Drowtales and thinking whether I should finally subscribe to the other services provided. I believe I'm quite happy with the decision, as reading through the comic and some of the posts, I realize just how much I was missing out on. I hope to get along with everyone here as best as I could~
Malithra
Summoner

Clan: Sharen

Postby Kitab Al'Ibar on Wed May 14, 2008 10:38 pm

Heh, it would appear that like a few others recentely I've been reading DrowTales for some time and was drawn to suscribe after listening to the podcasts and being intrigued by the concept, well that and finding some free time as my course (Environmental Sciences) at university draws to a close for summer.

Much like Picanet said a few posts back I plan to poke around the forums a bit first, familiarise myself with it a bit more then decide what i want to do. I don't lay claim to vast experience in roleplay or community building, but i've participated in a few forum roleplays and have been in town councils or advisor type positions in MMO's for various reasons.
Kitab Al'Ibar
Vel'akar

Postby weilong on Thu May 15, 2008 3:33 am

Welcome all! I hope that you help us make this clan the BEST clan!! xD
weilong
Demon

Postby kirio on Thu May 15, 2008 4:51 am

Welcome Kitab!
Once you're ready, post your character's vital stats in the Census thread and I'll enter (him/her?) in the Census. You might want to take a look there first. Right now there is a lot of repetition in character designs. See what everyone else has done so your character can make a unique contribution to the clan. :)
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Nastra on Wed May 21, 2008 7:10 am

Hi, I'm Nastra. I only started reading Drow Tales a few days ago and liked what I saw so I decided to give Path To Power a try. It seems really interesting and it's a very original idea. What intrigued me the most is the capacity for players to become characters within the story. Nice to meet you all.
Nastra
Nether Seed

Postby kirio on Wed May 21, 2008 7:20 am

Hi Nastra! Welcome to the P2P forums!
Have a look around. This is probably the most active of the Drowtales forums. All members are considered clan members. If you want to assist a ranked member, put a character description in the (char. desc.) on the comic main page, so the ranked member can hire you. If you also post a drawing of the character you have a chance of being shown in the comic, too. :) There is a section for members to create and RP their own characters. Once that character is approved by the RP monitor Madea, you can join all the RP fun, too. :D
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Serantis on Wed May 21, 2008 10:16 am

Greetings Nastra, And welcome
Serantis
Demon

Postby Nastra on Fri May 23, 2008 10:03 am

kirio wrote:Hi Nastra! Welcome to the P2P forums!
Have a look around. This is probably the most active of the Drowtales forums. All members are considered clan members. If you want to assist a ranked member, put a character description in the (char. desc.) on the comic main page, so the ranked member can hire you. If you also post a drawing of the character you have a chance of being shown in the comic, too. :) There is a section for members to create and RP their own characters. Once that character is approved by the RP monitor Madea, you can join all the RP fun, too. :D

Interesting. Quick question how much detail should I submit in the char. desc.? Or is there somewhere that has an outline of sorts.
Nastra
Nether Seed

Postby Thalar on Fri May 23, 2008 10:21 am

Details in the character's desc shouldn't be more detailed than you'd submit in the Roleplay section.

The most important part is the name, which allows ranked people to recruit you (because they use a dropdown list, and when you name your character, that name becomes available. )

The second important part is a reference image of some sort. Many of us have used the gaia dream avatar creator over at http://www.tektek.org/dream and that is a good place to quickly create a reference if you aren't artistically inclined :)

The third, and least important part, is the description.

Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Blake on Sun May 25, 2008 7:48 am

Hello everyone! Another lurking Drowtales reader here :D
Path to Power started becoming very interesting, so I thought I'd de-lurk and try participating a little! I'm not much of a forum-going person (I don't really have that much free time, sadly) but I'll try to keep up the best I can.
Blake
Nether Spawn

Postby DarkVolt on Wed May 28, 2008 7:07 am

Hello everybody, as unexpected it is I'm here now.
Ah well, my name is Nicolas Vergara, I'm a media-designer (for print) in education, and life in good old germany.
I'm around in the drowtales forum for some time and now I got acces to this part aswell so I'll try to catch up as much I can.
I'm really glad that I can finally read the pages. I like comics. ^^

I'm joining with my character Fel'Lor and hope it'll be fun. Kinda scary, it's all new to me. :O
DarkVolt
Summoner

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Jeriah on Wed May 28, 2008 7:09 am

Welcome to the insanity.
Jeriah
Vel'akar

Postby Miburo on Wed May 28, 2008 7:39 am

WE MANAGED TO KIDNAP THE ARTIST !!!! *lol*
Quick get some of those chains so we can force him to make teikaliath portraits for food.
just kidding ofcourse :P I'm just a bit addicted to your doodles topic in the fanart forum.

Welcom to path to power and we hope you enjoy your stay with us *bows*
Miburo
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Pariel on Wed May 28, 2008 9:13 am

Yay! Welcome Darkvolt! :P
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Clan: Sharen

PreviousNext

Return to Path to power