The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: Event Archive Day 44

Postby kirio on Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:25 am

Idunyken wrote:There already is such a pump. Apparently it hasn't cleaned the air well enough (or hasn't been run enough times). Also, there is a lack of creatures in the underword that will die to toxic gases and fine dust; they've all adapted to such things by now. Masks are our best bet I think.

The air pump is currently working in a different portion of the mine. It's in the area with the coal where the diamond was found not where the iron ore is mined. We would have to lay more pipe and might have to install a second air pump to take care of the deeper section of the mine.
Mana allows us to feel our connection to the world through the elements. Become one with that which thou wouldst change and the magic becomes effortless.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Bamawing on Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:43 pm

...or have one pump bad air out and another pump good air in.

Ya do gotta wonder if this wasn't why the mine was abandoned, though.

I did so hope the Svarts would leave us alone until we decided how we feel about them. Not meant to be, I suppose. :P

...and I think we oughta entertain the ambassador in the resturant!
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby Nasfors on Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:41 pm

I'm sure An'jhali will choose where to entertain such a guest herself. I can't wait for the LA to know what the letters say.. at least, if she shares them with us humble Tei'kaliath. Still wish I knew what Rhinn said during the battle.
Nasfors
Vel'akar

Postby kirio on Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:05 pm

Well, as the game goes on An'jhali will become more assertive and independant. At this point though, we'll probably still have a chance to vote on how to respond to warnings or offers sent by the other clans. I expect we'll get to know most, if not all, that is in the letters so that we can discuss and vote.
Mana allows us to feel our connection to the world through the elements. Become one with that which thou wouldst change and the magic becomes effortless.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Crazy Ivan on Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:14 pm

We could use the slaves until we come up whit a valid solution. That will give us some time, and not expose our people to toxic gasses.
Crazy Ivan
Nether Seed

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Writer on Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:06 am

Crazy Ivan wrote:We could use the slaves until we come up whit a valid solution. That will give us some time, and not expose our people to toxic gasses.

It will also be cruel and more evil than many of us would care for, I think. And also reckless with the lives of the slaves, who can be used for many things...Would be unnecessary to 'waste' them like that unless we had no other alternative. I think there's no reason to send anyone in there unless we have some means to prevent them from becoming sick...And a dire need for what is and -might- be there. We don't have much use for coal, due to our mana manipulation, and certainly not the poisonous gas. And given that the miners only found a single diamond after much searching...Well, it might be that this part of the mine is more or less exhausted. More digging might uncover more, but at the time being, it seems risky.

Regarding the Nal'sarkoth ambassador meeting...This is likely pretty important for our future. We're being actively contacted by one of our neighboring Great Clans, which is a very Big Deal. One of us should probably make a suggestion, like "Agree to meet the Nal ambassador at Ther'Avare." And the Warmaster can assign some bodyguards to be near An'jhali and be impressive and martial as part of his ranked action...if that's the kind of image we want to make to our definitely more-powerful neighbour. ^^;
Due'gar Tolmen Tei'Kaliath - A busy builder.

A day at work. - "I wish...Um. Nevermind."

Thoughts are like arrows: once released, they strike their mark. Guard them well or one day you may be your own victim. - Navajo proverb.
Writer
Vel'akar

Postby Meckruco on Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:23 am

i want to know what both messages say personaly before i think of an option to put down for consideration. yes meeting with a great clan is a good thing for us.. but.. this is assumeing the message is for the benafit of both.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum" If you desire peace, prepare for war.
House the of Will of Fire
Fourth Tir'ay Champ is Meck the bear killer.
Meckruco
Vel'akar

Postby kirio on Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:51 am

Meckruco wrote:i want to know what both messages say personaly before i think of an option to put down for consideration. yes meeting with a great clan is a good thing for us.. but.. this is assumeing the message is for the benafit of both.

Yes!!!
Please refrain from putting up an option before we have a chance to learn about the contents of the letters and have at least one round of comments. ^^;
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Dice Warwick on Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:26 am

Hmmm, the lower pert of the mine is dangerous, but maybe we can make a mask to counter that, and use the masked miners to find the source of what is making them sick down there.
Relic Hunter Dal'Len, Leader of the Squad Crossroads.
Dice Warwick
Morrock Oracle

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Idunyken on Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:39 pm

*drinks in the tension as we all await the LA page* *wutno*
PtP - Iduken'di the hoodie-wearing brickie!
"Badai lost his arm intentionally, to give the rest of the world half a chance"
Idunyken
Vel'akar

Location: In a log cabin with beers cooling in the snow outside...livin' the dream!

Postby FSEffect on Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:10 pm

So we can't build the wall there *doh*
Guess we'll have to wall our own little section.
Since all major clans will see any attempt at building a wall as a threat, trying petition to them is probably out of the question.
Guess we'll have to concentrate, on our own assets.
Maybe we could wall off our mine, and Ther'avre.
"People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people"

Clan's designated marksman
Kerr Nigit

Kerr's sister and relic hunter
Kay Nigit
FSEffect
Vel'akar

Postby Thorn on Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:13 pm

*upset* *upset* *upset*

I'll ask Ahn'jali to at least request the Svart help us with our free loaders or SOMEWAY.

Hopefully watch towers will be fine with stationed guards?

If they tell us "Sorry your problem."

Then guh.... :[
Thorn
Demon

Postby Meckruco on Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:28 pm

hmmm between the leader's comic and the ranked action comic we need to send out messages to both Svart and the Nal-whatever Great clan.

A meeting with the great clan could be very good for us. So receiveing an ambassador shows they are willing to talk

message to the Svart is just a fomality to comfirm the alliance.

Furthermor.. the Svart warned us about building the wall. so that shows to me they are willing to be our eyes and ears.. aka spys.

honestly i do not forsee that many options being put up. it seems clear cut to me what we need to do.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum" If you desire peace, prepare for war.
House the of Will of Fire
Fourth Tir'ay Champ is Meck the bear killer.
Meckruco
Vel'akar

Postby Bamawing on Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:42 pm

I think it would be peachy to have a very short wall... 2 feet (1 meter-ish) his or so. Nothing imposing, just marking our territory. And making it look pretty, because that's how we roll.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby thatguyvex on Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:54 pm

If not a wall we can at least see if we can install something that'll allow us some kind of control over traffic flow. Someone mentioned a checkpoint before. Perhaps, since our Svart allies are nice and cooperative-like we could consult them on what is or is not likely to provoke the bigger Chel Clans in regards to cavern policing. Send the question along with the alliance confirmation, perhaps?

Also, while this may seem like a footnote issue in comparison to other matters we still need to resolve what we're doing with our three Vei Visa 'guests'. Let them go, enslave them, or any other option that we might think up.
There is a fine line between awesome and ridiculous. Badai uses that line to floss his teeth.

Kazdrin's Random Link: Bizzare. Amusing. Ruby Quest.
thatguyvex
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre