The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: Leader Archive - Day 23: Every action counts

Postby kirio on Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:04 am

Lt Anders wrote:Perhaps not Game gender as much as real life gender. You don't go up to a woman/lady and say " Sir,..." or when referencing a lady you don't say " He was.../...that was his."

It's more or less insulting.(especially if you can see them.)

That might be asking a bit much. There are on members on this forum who insist on complete privacy. Don't worry so much about getting it right if you're not sure. :]
Mana allows us to feel our connection to the world through the elements. Become one with that which thou wouldst change and the magic becomes effortless.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Lt Anders on Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:54 am

Well, it doesn't have to be everyone, just the known people. Be alot easier to talk(at least the Male/female character part)

I'm just picky, I guess. I like to be correct and not offend someone socially(politically, that's a different story).
Loyalty is not bought, but earned.-Me
Vae Victus-Woe to the vanquished.
Best. Song. Ever.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q267 ... s/Maiq.png
Tei'Kaliath: M'aiq(My-eek), Mine Manager
Lt Anders
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Hfar on Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:21 am

Lt Anders wrote:Well, it doesn't have to be everyone, just the known people. Be alot easier to talk(at least the Male/female character part)

I'm just picky, I guess. I like to be correct and not offend someone socially(politically, that's a different story).

If it really makes you that uncomfortable, you can refer to them as "sir or madam." Or you can just make mistakes and get embarressed once in awhile like the rest of us.
We shall settle this in the ancient way. WITH A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME!
Hfar
Dragon of the Nether

Postby DarkVolt on Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:36 am

I dont think it matters much.
If you're not sure what gender the player is you can always refer to the character they are playing and those genders are pretty much puplic.
I guess some people even want it this way around. XD
Fel'lor Tei'kaliath
DarkVolt
Summoner

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Serantis on Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:34 am

DarkVolt wrote:I dont think it matters much.
If you're not sure what gender the player is you can always refer to the character they are playing and those genders are pretty much puplic.

I agree with Dark about this, i have found most are the sex of their character but im sure some arent, I came close to playing a Female myself.....I know i know XD
It's all fun and games,..........Until flying monkeys ATTACK!
Serantis
Demon

Postby Zorlond on Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:13 pm

I generally refer to people by character gender, myself. Even when I'm on Ventrilo with my WoW guild and I can actually hear the difference. Heck, 99% of my characters are female too. It just makes things simpler to refer to people by the 'face' I see.

Besides, I'm not here to date, so gender becomes more or less inconsequential.
Zorlond
Vel'akar

Postby Serantis on Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:25 pm

Yea i, on average play more females than males in Mmorpg like Wow. The females tend to look better than males in those games, and if im gonna spent alot of time staring at my characters backside id prefer it be female. But ofcourse thats just me and i do have male characters running around also.
It's all fun and games,..........Until flying monkeys ATTACK!
Serantis
Demon

Postby horusre on Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:52 pm

Serantis wrote:Yea i, on average play more females than males in Mmorpg like Wow. The females tend to look better than males in those games, and if im gonna spent alot of time staring at my characters backside id prefer it be female. But ofcourse thats just me and i do have male characters running around also.

I resemble that remark. In fact I have a server on WoW where I play nothing but female characters. And I have at least a few on each server I'm on (which is several - I RP WoW, I don't really care about levels).

Same with my new hobby, City of Heroes, though the males there don't look as horrible as the males tend to on World of Warcraft so I have a few more than normal.

And if I was allowed more than a single character in PtP I'd have at least one she-bitch. *wee* But I figured I'd play a chap this time around, more-or-less so I could play opposite Lua'nar.
Bellum omnium contra omnes. Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse. Inter arma enim silent leges. Sic semper tyrannis. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Nuff said?
horusre
Summoner

Clan: Sharen

Postby Pariel on Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:06 pm

Serantis wrote:Yea i, on average play more females than males in Mmorpg like Wow. The females tend to look better than males in those games, and if im gonna spent alot of time staring at my characters backside id prefer it be female. But ofcourse thats just me and i do have male characters running around also.

Ditto. Drowtales, having no images, is an exception. :P
"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one." - Marcus Aurelius.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Clan: Sharen

Postby Meska369 on Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:09 pm

I don't mind, but I'm not uneasy about my privacy.

100% female here. I'm a cancer in Horoscope. My birth year is the wood Rabbit. I like the color green. I study things and books cause I have an insatiable curiosity. I'm opinionated but kind despite my stance. I'm a martial artist, not great but middle ground. I was an EMT, Fire Fighter, Vet Tech, Radio Personality, and much more. I have a mental disorder that effects my mood due to perception changes and brain chemistry. I love to cook. I want kids, but may not be able to have any. I am a writer and artist.

I hate to be judged. I'm selfless to a fault and am told so by everyone who knows me well. I love just about everything, except when I'm depressed. People call me "bubbly", occasionally "air-headed" but the second one was many years ago and I have changed allot. I cannot stand hypocrisy, even in myself. I'm scared of ever harming another. I have intermittent insomnia. I lost 40 lbs and look better then I have in years. I miss my deceased Grandparents. I'm sometimes unsure of what tomorrow will bring and get freaked out that I'm in my 30's now....

I think that is all the stuff I want to share at the moment.

"I would love to lay pipe... but I have no pipe to lay" - Meska369
Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Location: When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain

Postby Jaibyrd on Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:06 pm

I'm a banana... er, female just like my character Lua'nar. Except for the fact she's Drow and I'm not. Yeah... ^^;

Maybe we should start a new thread about this? So we don't clog up the Archive? Because I'm one of those TMI (Too Much Information) people where if you ask me how I am, I will go on and on and on and on... ;)
AIM: Desinique - YIM: jai_byrd13 - MSN: Jai_byrd13@hotmail.com - Skype: jaibyrd13 - Twitter: Jaibyrd - dA: Jaibyrd
Jaibyrd
Vel'akar

Postby Chronx6 on Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:38 pm

I think it would be interesting to find out information about everyone. If people would actually participate. I would probably write up a long thing once I have time if such a thing is started....Hm. Oh well.
Do the best you can with what you have.
Chronx6
Summoner

Postby Frost Indri on Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:46 am

I'm a female, and frankly since I have no desire to be a male (sorry, the bouncing baggage is enough to deal with on the chest, I couldn't imagine dealing with it where I could crush it painfully between my own legs) I tend to play females.

I've played WoW, but I've had to quit. It's an obsessive compulsive thing for me, and I just tend to hide in it during the winter to a rather unhealthy degree. Yeay. Pushing buttons. :p Besides, I don't know anyone to play with... :( It'd be nice to play <i>with</i> someone.
Ka'hab, the potter.
Frost Indri
Dragon of the Nether

Postby AuroraDragonKaya on Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:03 am

ADK is a female who likes playing males....
But then, I'm a yaoi fangirl so that might affect things. ;P (In fact, that plays a rather large part in it, heh)

However, I've never really cared much when people mixed it up online, as usually there's no way to know. :P Half the internet is the opposite gender.... and what does it really matter? In my opinion, at least, gender really shouldn't matter for 90% of things.

On a far more relevant note, I'm weary seeing the faern option again. It's not even that I disagree with the idea, it's that it's been ignored... ...what, three times now? For? Sometimes more pointedly then others....
I think it's more of a 'no.'
I also realized, however, upon looking at the vote options, that while none of them really appealed to me at all, I, personally, had no idea where I wanted the clan to go next, and was unable to offer anything constructive.

So, anyone have any thoughts on any goals, in their own minds, the clan should achieve?
(Hopefully avoiding too much that might overstep into the realms of any of the ranks.)
AuroraDragonKaya
Demon

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Bel'xullyn on Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:55 am

DarkVolt wrote:I dont think it matters much.

i agree }:3
If you're a male.. in game then for moi you're a male .. there !
you're a drowess ? then so be it ! i don't need to know all your personal life :P
Bel'xullyn
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre