The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Postby Kail'odian on Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:05 pm

There's a new Leader's archive update. Quite nice too :)
Kail'odian
Vel'akar

Clan: Sharen

Postby Nagimalice on Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:32 am

Soo pretty ^.^ <3
Nagimalice
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Frost Indri on Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:33 am

Ok. Poi dancing would be so awesome to do with the sling. Not very useful, but very fun. ^_^

So, should we ask specifically about mana skills and training? Or should we invite her to help make more slings? ^_^ Its a pretty simple thing to make...
Frost Indri
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby dragonleas on Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:36 am

Yeah the forgers get the page. *ish happy she isn't a faceless anymore* It will be interesting on how our leader will think about faith later as well, but first we deal with the slaves.
dragonleas
Nether Spawn

Postby Zorlond on Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:37 am

Ah, Poi. Nothing quite like a lovely lady dancing in the middle of streaking, spiraling Balls of Fire. Anyone who's watched Farscape would possibly remember Chiana's little performance in season 3. Yep, that's Poi.

Ooh. Crazy thought... Working fire poi into a battle art... They'd basically be flails of flame, with an option of throwing them, bolo-like. Not only would the foe be tangled up in the chain, they'd be set on fire as well...
Zorlond
Vel'akar

Postby Nerev on Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:59 am

I am reminded of the mention of the "leapers and agitators" from one of the commentators in Samuel Griffith's translation of Sun Tzu. I'd have to look up the reference again to see who exactly mentioned it though.
Nerev
Summoner

Location: If only my gi was oranger I could grow a monkey tail.
Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby AuroraDragonKaya on Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:29 am

Zorlond wrote:Ah, Poi. Nothing quite like a lovely lady dancing in the middle of streaking, spiraling Balls of Fire. Anyone who's watched Farscape would possibly remember Chiana's little performance in season 3. Yep, that's Poi.

Ooh. Crazy thought... Working fire poi into a battle art... They'd basically be flails of flame, with an option of throwing them, bolo-like. Not only would the foe be tangled up in the chain, they'd be set on fire as well...

That would be frappin awesome. :D
Gotta love fire.

Anyway... we can put both options up, to continue with the crafters, and to ask more specificall about magic.
However, the latter I'm weary of... especially after how the Faern thing was treated way back when.
Honestly? I don't think she knows, and I don't think Kern WANT'S us to be doing awesome stuff with mana until later.
I could be wrong, that's just how it seems to me.

Unfortunately, we're back to more waiting and 'busywork' in manga form, to distract us from the main story... or that's how it seems.
Maybe I'm just impatient, and certainly the event archive only gets more epic.
But the past few leader archives just felt like... meh, I don't know.
Anyone else feel the same, or is it just me? ^^;
AuroraDragonKaya
Demon

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Zorlond on Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:13 am

Kinda, but then, sometimes life just is meh. And that's what the leader archive is; An'jhi's life.
Zorlond
Vel'akar

Postby Nerev on Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:22 am

We could throw a party and/or orgy once we take the ruins if people are getting bored.
Nerev
Summoner

Location: If only my gi was oranger I could grow a monkey tail.
Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby kirio on Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:55 pm

As much as I'd like to know An'jhali's element affinity, I have to agree with ADK that it's premature. She'll have plenty of time to study magic once we've established a home base and a little security. One thing that we can do to help build her management skills is encourage her to become familiar with the work and duties of every ranked member. Her visit to the forge and the time she spent training with the militia were a very good start in that direction.

How about: Spend the rest of the day with the crafters to ->learn about what the crafters are doing and begin a journal about the clan's progress<-?

:S Since that won't fit, I'll risk it and assume Kern will wrap up the meeting with the crafters well and shorten it to: Begin a journal recording the clan's progress.

Story-wise, it's a chance for An'jhali to express her feelings about the clan and the members she has met on her inspection tour. :)
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Meckruco on Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:41 pm

i like the idea of the journal. it is something to do until we take the ruins to be able to truly build the clan up. this impromptu camp is good for now, but we need the ruins to transform it into our new power base and rise from the ashes into a major factor in the polatics of the nearby unknown city.

as then, we shall RULE THE WORLD!!!

ZOINK!
Meckruco
Vel'akar

Postby AuroraDragonKaya on Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:14 pm

A diary?
If we sold even our weapons, don't you think we'd sell books too...? I mean, you owuldn't think its something lying around.

Then again, people pulled swimsuits out of their arses so I guess anything's possible.
AuroraDragonKaya
Demon

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Lady Tenkage on Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:07 am

I believe they mean conjecture, ADK. Having a diary without writing it. ^__^
Lady Tenkage
Demon

Postby kirio on Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:46 am

A book of blank pages wouldn't be worth enough in trade to amount to much. Books' value would be in proportion to the value of their contents. A diary (especially one that already had a couple of filled pages) would be very nearly on par with garbage as far as a caravan trader would be concerned. An attempt to use it as trade would probably be laughed at.
And in this early update http://www.drowtales.com/~pathtopower/archive_leader.php?order=date&id=4 we have evidence of large sheets of paper and writing materials in the incomplete map of this cavern in An'jhali's tent. Those materials would have been far more likely to be sellable. It's no stretch at all to assume that notebooks, partially filled journals, ledgers, and diaries remain among the refugees' chattles. There might even be a few books, valuable to their owners perhaps, that are of no commercial value to caravan traders.
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Lordof??? on Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:56 am

Actually it would depend on how hard it is to make paper or parchment.

If its difficult and full book of blank pages will be incredibly valuable to the right people (EG writers, religious people, tactical writers etc.)

Pieces of paper which aren't bound together on the other hand aren't anywhere near as valuable.
Lordof???
Summoner

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre