The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Postby Nerev on Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:19 am

If An'Jhali ever starts wearing Chinese clothing and shouting "OBSTACLE IS FOR KILLING", I'm defecting to the Vloz'ress. More likely to survive that way.

At any rate, you heard da Warboss - next person to make a stupid suggestion gets to become a punching bag. Who wants to volunteer?
Nerev
Summoner

Location: If only my gi was oranger I could grow a monkey tail.
Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Meska369 on Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:39 am

Personally, I think Ar'lein would love it teach her meditation techniques.

If I have to be a punching bag to show her them, then I will gladly do so.
Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Location: When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Zorlond on Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:23 am

*sigh* And we were doing so well about not spouting nonsense options... Why do people think that would work? It's been said countless times before that it doesn't, in the shoutbox, in the forum, in the faq, and even in the comic. How do people miss that?
Zorlond
Vel'akar

Postby kirio on Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:20 am

Simple, a lot of them only read the comic, haven't signed up for the forums, and ignore the shoutbox. What really has me worried is that only 16% of the members are voting. 16% is a number typical of a losing option in daydream.

In fact, 27 is barely more than half of the forum participants. *sweatdrop*
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Thorn on Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:54 am

@_@

That low? Seriously?!

That stinks! *sweatdrop*
Thorn
Demon

Postby Zorlond on Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:11 pm

The numbers used to be better. I think people think that voting is useless, and fail to see that the votes aren't the problem, it's the voting options that are. Starting to look like someone (possibly several) is deliberately screwing it up just for kicks...
Zorlond
Vel'akar

Postby Miburo on Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:42 pm

I suggest we put in "continue with swimsuit contest" as a voting option. there isn't much more our Ilhares can do now that Yssa has her in a vicegrip >:3
and it's fun to see the actions of the forum reflecting within the comic, I'm not sure if more people joined the forum after the tir'ay contest but anything to get more people involved.
Miburo
Vel'akar

Postby Nerev on Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:44 pm

Then we must give them their kicks. In the face. With cleats.

Edit: And didn't we already go over the swimsuit competition options? Didn't Kern himself have something to say about it?
Nerev
Summoner

Location: If only my gi was oranger I could grow a monkey tail.

Postby Lord Stone on Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:49 pm

I think that many of the subscribers think of PtP as being similar to Daydream, and expect the same kind of 'funny'... (the fact that the swimsuit option actually won shows this quite clearly... I think it's sad, even while it was Kern himself who added the option).

But the reality is that this is a whole different kind of game, one where we have to think of the consequences of what we do. In Daydream, you control the story... but here, we only control our actions as a clan.

I don't know what the majority of the people really wants, and what would convince them to participate more actively. A downside is that, if we were to lose the inactive part of the members, then PtP would probably not even exist since this is one of the sections of Drowtales that's supposed to bring in the money.

Also, one thing that worries me is what the drawing-delay might cause. At some point the votes are counted and the comic is drawn, but in the meantime... we can still vote. I am afraid that a significant portion of the forum members might actually be voting in that timespan, or even miss out on the voting, since they wait too long. There is merit in waiting to vote of course, but one should not be waiting too long.

I admit I was one of the people with the stupid options (the motivational speech). I had an idea, I sincerely thought it was a good idea... but I rushed it and didn't think it through. It still got a significant portion of the votes :-/. I guess I thought I got the hang of it too quickly since my previous option won with a landslide and also turned out to be a pretty positive page. Fortunately you've shown me the error of my ways even before the comic did (at some point I even wished I could take my option back down), and I won't be rushing things again.

So now I am pondering about our options for the next update. What will happen to the swimsuit contest? Personally, I wouldn't like to see it actually *in* the comic and 'wasting' an update... but there are people who think differently about this apparently. Story-wise, I would now prefer the Ill'haress to train even more, but I'm afraid that too much repetition of this would turn people away from PtP because they want more action, faster progress etc.
Lord Stone
Nether Spawn

Postby Thalar on Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:50 pm

I think we should put "Show results of the swimsuit contest" in as a vote option, if it's not in already, that way the contest only takes one more page.

The reason for the whole swimsuit thing is to reward those of us who are taking an active interest in the game and doing things like that on the forums, just like with Tir'ay - which we came up with here, and other things in the future, which will spring from little ideas we start here.

Like our special view on Sharess, there is no reason why that can't be a focus at some point, another thing which makes the Tei'kaliath different from other Chel clans.
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Frost Indri on Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:01 pm

I don't think that the Ilharess's story is going to advance our clan much. I mean, unless she personally goes and discovers ore, mushrooms or something. I think that given the fact that it IS the Ilharess's story, we need to make room for silly things. If everything is of dire importance then she will be one stressed out girl.

This also is a chance for us to develope clan culture. So aparently we're the type of culture that likes to put our bodies on display. What else?
Frost Indri
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Thalar on Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:06 pm

And our Ilharess is smiling, now that she is doing something she can - as a person - actually do :)
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Hetros on Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:03 pm

Thalar wrote:And our Ilharess is smiling, now that she is doing something she can - as a person - actually do :)

yep ^^ deffinetly the best page yet (shiir's declaration was awesome)
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Meska369 on Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:58 pm

yes.

KERN put up the swimsuit contest option last time. I think it's hint that the contest would be fun to see.

at Least "I" think it would be. then again, I'm april, so I'm a bit biased.
Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Location: When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain

Postby AuroraDragonKaya on Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:56 pm

*Sighs and shakes head** The swimsuit options.... blah.
It's like its turning into Daydream!
We all have tattered clothing and no supplies, how the crap could we have made swimsuits? >_<;; And why would we have bothered with it, at this point?
It's like all the possible realism this game had just went out the window.

Not to mention, I came here for a game, not for fan service I'm not even interested it. x.o;;

I put the miner option. I don't like the wording, sounds too much like a command, but I wanted an explanation and couldn't fit any sort of subtlety.
Also, forgot Katralya was called supply master, not harvester. @_@;; Whoops.

Ah well.

Since the only options these past updates have involved a swimsuit contest, I didn't bother with my usual 'see if people also like it.'
Sorry.

However, I do remember Katralya saying a while back supply master was originally meant to be food specific. Now, however, she's having to concentrate on getting metals and ores instead...
So we should get a new rank so she can concentrate on her job.
That's my opinion, anyway.
AuroraDragonKaya
Demon

Clan: Illhar'dro

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre