The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Postby Kail'odian on Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:20 pm

The Leader Archive is updated people: We have a new warmasssteerrr!

:}
Kail'odian
Vel'akar

Clan: Sharen

Postby Lord Stone on Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:59 pm

Congratulations Shiir, you have my full support! I kinda expected you to win from the moment I read your entry... but I hadn't been around long enough yet to have much knowledge about all the active clan members yet, so I didn't know much about you when I submitted my own speech.

And now to put the names to the six warriors... From left to right: ??, ??, Nerev, Quel, ??, Shiir

Yup, I don't even know who my own character's supposed to be ^^; Although I admit I can hardly expect the artist to have found the physical description I posted on the forum, which I don't even know is approved or not...

Mind you, I haven't dug through all the physical descriptions of the Warmaster candidates yet...
Lord Stone
Nether Spawn

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Madea on Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:25 pm

Actually, I'm not sure that the physical descriptions were ever posted. I think Vholk is the one in the red jacket, because we've seen him before, but the other two are supposed to be Sirin and Rasha. So, either you can take the description (because the artist looks like he was just filling in without a description), or stick with what you've got

AND I'M TERRIBLY SORRY, I FORGOT YOUR RANKED SHEET WAS UP THERE!

Lemme know if you want to take that hot guy in the white shirt with the lavender hair (he freakin' rocks) or the dude in the yellow pajamas, or if you'll stick with the design in the thread, k?

And a huge thank you to everyone who's been so supportive. I'll be starting my ranked thread up shortly, and we'll get to rocking, for sure!
Madea
Pineapple Warmaster

Location: In EVA above Green Ball, surrounded by Space Kitties!

Postby Lord Stone on Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:41 pm

Don't you mean black shirt and lavender hair? And yes, he does rock, so I think I'm taking up that physical description in a bit (after I sleep) ^_^
Lord Stone
Nether Spawn

Postby Andreas on Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:41 pm

Congrats Madea!
Andreas
Nether Spawn

Postby Nerev on Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:46 pm

The comic shows Nerev as the guy in the white shirt with orange hair, however the Nerev in my description has black hair, with no specified clothing. If no one else wants to use him I'll take the dude in the yellow gi, as the hair style is almost dead on and style of clothing doesn't matter to me.
Nerev
Summoner

Location: If only my gi was oranger I could grow a monkey tail.
Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Frost Indri on Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:07 pm

Nerve, you should make that guy your icon. ^_^
Frost Indri
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Nerev on Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:45 pm

k.

It didn't come out as well as I hoped.
Nerev
Summoner

Postby Lord Stone on Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:27 pm

I'm with you there... although perhaps I should indeed cut off part of his legs also, the image is a bit on the long side like this. Still within the limits mind you though, 244 pixels high :-p
Lord Stone
Nether Spawn

Postby AuroraDragonKaya on Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:49 am

Congrats Shiir!
Everyone who has descriptions (if this hasn't been said, I just got home and I admit I'm rather tired, so I apologize if I'm being redundant) the only picture the artist refers to, as far as I know, is the one you upload on the main site when you click the link "Characters Desc."

If you have a picture, you can upload it there. :3 For non ranks, written descriptions aren't enough.

That being said.... what are we going to do now? Ilharess doesn't really need a break, imo- I think this has been a bit of a break for her, and we don't want her to get lazy. (God, that sounds bad, but we DO influence her by our choices.)

However, we don't want to stress her out.

So, what is it that she, personally, can do or have done for us to make our clan successful?

(A brief repeat of the dos and don'ts in case there are any newcomers, the Leader archive is literally us advising the Ilharess' next course of action. Any actions that fall under a specific rank do not belong there. However, electing a rank would.)

So, what is it we need next?
AuroraDragonKaya
Demon

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Lord Stone on Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:26 am

Electing a rank isn't always done in the leader archive... sometimes new ranks are announced in the events archive too.

I think there are several benefits to the Ill'haress having some time to rest.

- It would relieve some stress off her. Having lead quite a few meetings myself I can say that this kind of clan gathering combined with a warmaster election is far from restful, so I disagree with you that this has been a break for her. And since every update only represents a handful of hours, I doubt this would immediately mean she'd get lazy.

- It will allow her to take some time to take everything that's happened in and consider what the current state and goals of the clan are. This will help in future events, because do keep in mind we only advise the Ill'haress... we do not dictate her moves (as we've seen on a few accounts). She can use the time to see how the refugees are doing as well as the ranked members. This can be very valuable for a leader.

- It would give us, the clan members, some time to think about what we are going to do with our advices now. Now there's a warmaster, a lot of decisions are taken off the Ill'haress shoulders, and they're the kind of decisions we've been pushing for a long time... things have changed big times now we have a warmaster.

- And most of all, it would allow the clan to grow for a bit, without there being new changes and twists of course for the moment being. The warmaster also needs some time to establish his position, the scouts are probably going out for an exploration this week, and as such we are standing on the brink of change for the time being. It's important to observe this change first before determining the course for the clan as a whole.

And that's all my opinion on the matter ^_^
Lord Stone
Nether Spawn

Postby Nerev on Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:06 pm

Let the Ill'Haress rest. Get some sleep, some food, some quality time with the Warmaster or something. After all the work she's been doing recently she deserves a holiday, and so long as the clan busies itself with work (any work, anything at all that keeps people active) things should take care of themselves for a time. Now that we have a military for defense and keeping law and order we shouldn't have to worry about any more traitors stealing our supplies and scampering off into the night.

The only thing I believe the Ill'Haress really needs to do in the immediate future is appoint an assistant or something, an adviser or majordomo who takes all the stress of the clan's suggestions (and randomly shouted demands), brings them before An'Jhali, and lets her appear once decisions have been made to announce things with the authority and conviction of careful consideration, not the frantic activity of peons shouting at her until she agrees with their demands just to get them to shut up. We may lose a degree of control over her in the long run, but it's the Ill'Haress that runs the clan, not the other way around.
Nerev
Summoner

Postby Miburo on Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:46 pm

I would agree with ADK, the ilharess doesn't need a break, she has slept just 4 pages ago.
Nerev, we have been over this in the beginning, the ilharess doesn't need an advisor, we need the clanmembers to work together and bring up good solutions, an advisor would make all the players lose their purpose, the ilharess controls the clan but the players partly controle the Ilharess.

About the next step perhaps we should ask the illharess how she thinks we should take the ruins let her think about tactics a bit, it wouldn't hurt giving her a challenge.
Miburo
Vel'akar

Postby Jaibyrd on Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:13 pm

I agree with Nerev on the majordomo/advisor/assistant idea. Someone to help the Ill'haress as well as balance out the warmaster position for the Ill'haress to listen to both (if not more) and make the final decision.
Jaibyrd
Vel'akar

Postby Madea on Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:30 pm

Just so everyone doesn't get a little too carried away with this, we tried it before with the Faern concept, but in action it really invalidates both the other ranks and the basic members.

Miburo is correct in that point.

The ranked members are her advisors, and the ranked archive is basically the representation of us carrying out our advice to her. Once we run into other clans and the like, having a diplomat will serve that function.

But OOC, game wise, having a role dedicated to that does not work, because part of the game is that we, the players, must choose her path. As it's been said, we're better served by learning to cooperate. Thus far we seem to be making progress with our options, so lets see if we can't keep this up!
Madea
Pineapple Warmaster

Location: In EVA above Green Ball, surrounded by Space Kitties!

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre