The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: Event Archive Day 43

Postby Kael on Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:21 am

I thought we used up all the gas in the mine to make the flamethrower effective. o_O
Kael'thas Sekai Tei'kaliath- Forever confused Squad Leader of Squad 2; Ther'avere's official water heater! Ayu'mu's loving mate! *blush*
Kael
Demon

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Bamawing on Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:55 am

Kael wrote:I thought we used up all the gas in the mine to make the flamethrower effective. o_O

Apparently not; the miners still feel woozy. XD

I have a couple of outside the box ideas and two bad knees. So scupper the walk.

Charging a toll wouldn't be much harder than general policing. It's friendlier than a giant golem bulldozer (although admitedly not as much fun *wee* ) and would get us some more much-needed resources.

If we kept it cheap enough, I don't think we would even have a huge problem torking people off. For a group of people, one ada, or a couple units of mushrooms, a unit of cloth, hair dye, gold, whatever the people have. I can't think of anytthing we *don't* need right now. If they have nothing, we stick them to work for a day to pay off the toll.

I expect Anjhali would want to set the tolls to start out with, and after that one of us could do it... we wouldn't even really need a ranked position. What say you all?
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby kirio on Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:38 am

I think we need to keep everyone out except for traders passing through until we can get our food supply situation under control.
Mana allows us to feel our connection to the world through the elements. Become one with that which thou wouldst change and the magic becomes effortless.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Novusod on Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:36 pm

Two points I see coming out of the latest update:

1. The Svarts' are not our enemies but they could be if we push them the wrong way and that is bad. *hint hint

2. I think it is becoming more and more urgent that we need a permanent Clan Emissary to meet with the outsiders who continually come to us. Right now we need someone skilled in diplomacy who can send most of these people away without making them into new enemies. Then sift through what is left to determine what the possibilities are and present them to the clan for a vote. Right now we as a clan do Not know what the possibilities are so we really can't move on.
"A pessimists looks at the wind and complains. An optimist looks at the wind and believes the wind will change. A leader looks at the wind and trims the sails."
Novusod
Demon

Postby FSEffect on Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:50 pm

Regarding Svarts-

At the moment we are both relatively equal. For us we can benefit from their information, and (I'm guessing) large amounts of cash, and for us we can provide military support. Not to mention access to everything a minor clan has. Right now I still view them as arseholes, but at least they're not dicks, so that counts for something. If we don't like the way they operate, has anyone thought that maybe we should try and influence them to being less of an arsehole?

Regarding our influx of moochers-

Force out any undesirables. Basically anyone out to make a quick buck, criminals, and dicks. So basics of what to take into account-

1) Previous profession
2) Current material wealth
3) Education
4) Previous profession
5) Political views

I'm sure there's more, but basically I'm suggesting a questionnaire similar to ones for immigration nowadays
"People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people"

Clan's designated marksman
Kerr Nigit

Kerr's sister and relic hunter
Kay Nigit
FSEffect
Vel'akar

Postby Bamawing on Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:07 pm

Thinking in reverse...

What do we need?

Miners
Farmers/harvesters

I say we accept 2 miners and 5 farmers as day laborers. We give them food for the day and a safe place to sleep if they work hard. This should increase our food supply instead of depleting it.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby Tathdrinjss on Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:12 pm

I do not feel we sould cut ties with the Svarts as they are an established minor clan and there is much to be gained from an alliance with them. yes there slimy and underhanded but that makes them no diffrent than any other clan. tho i feel we sould try to talk to the vei visa and perhapes work a common group between the guild ourself and the svarts. As well the other warrior clan that was negotating with them they would be worthy to talk to, just to see there stance one things because every one is a potenal enemy or ally.
Tathdrinjss
Demon

Postby Thaluka2 on Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:36 pm

Use the new Svart thread to talk about that situation. Could also make a "deal with peasants" thread for that as well.
Ziakas Tei'Kaliath - Scout of Ther'avere
Thaluka2
Vel'akar

Postby Rulishia on Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:05 pm

Actually, this area is pretty much for general comments now...
If you want to be heard on this take it to the new TK Conference Room. Hopefully we can get a new Forum where each EA/LA will get there own thread so we can keep track of all everything that goes on.
Rulishia (formerly of the House of Mithran)
Squad Cute... wait, no... WYVERN!!! - Dini Nidinas, Nar'kaller, Yasha, Ys'sa (the Originals)
ImageMy little Ceru! ^.^ Image Serene! Image Leon!
Rulishia
Demon

Postby Tohya on Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:10 pm

The 'peasants' should probably be left to the ranks that want them. Each rank should decide if they want to hire anybody and how state many they want to hire, if they do. Then they can look through the applicants to see if they can find enough that qualify for the job.

Any of them that we do let live here will be working for one of the ranks after all, and not under the direction of the general clan.
Tohya
Vel'akar

Postby Writer on Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:33 pm

Novusod wrote:Two points I see coming out of the latest update:

1. The Svarts' are not our enemies but they could be if we push them the wrong way and that is bad. *hint hint

2. I think it is becoming more and more urgent that we need a permanent Clan Emissary to meet with the outsiders who continually come to us. Right now we need someone skilled in diplomacy who can send most of these people away without making them into new enemies. Then sift through what is left to determine what the possibilities are and present them to the clan for a vote. Right now we as a clan do Not know what the possibilities are so we really can't move on.

With regards to the emissary rank, as said by Kite recently. So...Emissary and diplomat is a no-go, basically, and such roles will either be taken by the Ill'haress or by special appointment basis.
Due'gar Tolmen Tei'Kaliath - A busy builder.

A day at work. - "I wish...Um. Nevermind."

Thoughts are like arrows: once released, they strike their mark. Guard them well or one day you may be your own victim. - Navajo proverb.
Writer
Vel'akar

Postby Christine on Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:36 pm

If we do hire people from outside the clan we need to keep an eye on them for awhile to make sure that we can trust them and that they won't try to steal anything or something. Maybe if we threaten to enslave anyone, who tries to steal from the clan, they will behave.
"That which does not kill you makes you stronger"...
"That which does not kill me better hope it can run faster scared then I can mad"
Christine
Tainted

Postby Novusod on Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:08 pm

Writer wrote:With regards to the emissary rank, as said by Kite recently. So...Emissary and diplomat is a no-go, basically, and such roles will either be taken by the Ill'haress or by special appointment basis.

The special appointment by way of Leader Archive voting (Kazdrin option) ultimately failed. Both Kite and Kern have been sending mixed messages. I don't think it can be ruled out based on that statement alone. The real opposition to the Emissary has come from lack of votes it has generated every time I propose it. If 30 people vote for the creation of the emissary rank it WILL happen but since I can only drum up 3 or 4 votes the Emissary idea gets ignored.
"A pessimists looks at the wind and complains. An optimist looks at the wind and believes the wind will change. A leader looks at the wind and trims the sails."
Novusod
Demon

Postby Rulishia on Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:26 pm

Well, I think of it this way Novusod:

If the GM says "NO YOU CAN'T HAVE IT". Then that's that... No amount of beating a dead horse will change his mind.
No matter how many votes you may get.

As Kite said there:
Kite wrote: good question :) the role of ambassador can vary depending on the great clan. some may just assign them temporarily while others have a more important role, especially among allies.

the short answer is no, unfortunately. for important business you should assume that the ilhar is expected to represent and speak for herself, either from personal visits or via messenger.

So, unless we become a "Great Clan" (I would say on par with the like of the Sarghess, Sharen, Nal'Sarkoth etc.) then we will more than likely never get the ability to station permanent Ambassadors/Emissaries to other Clans. Lady Anjhali will either have to deal with the other Ilhar/Ilharess herself or send a messenger (like Bel and Tath did). Discussions involving the leaders of any of the Clans will have to be handled by the Lady herself and no one else. Again, as demonstrated by Bel and Tath, a messenger or ambassador/emissary will NEVER meet directly with another Clan leader; they would only get as far as the secretary.

Oh and BTW, Novusod, your avatar as it currently is looks perfect for "beating a dead horse" *lol* :p
Rulishia (formerly of the House of Mithran)
Squad Cute... wait, no... WYVERN!!! - Dini Nidinas, Nar'kaller, Yasha, Ys'sa (the Originals)
ImageMy little Ceru! ^.^ Image Serene! Image Leon!
Rulishia
Demon

Postby Finish on Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:52 pm

Ok now we have two topic in which we discus almost the same. Since the other topic is called "TK Conference Room - Svarts? " I think we should talk about the commoner thing in this topic. We all agree that we need skilled people and that we should carefuly examin those guys - probably most of them just people who want to make the best out of their lifes, but there are probably a few "rotten eggs" among them: From small thiefs and ruffians up to spies from other Clans or people would want to start a riot to take all the power for themself.
Especially the last thing could cause much trouble - look at our real world: race conflicts between locals and immigrants - If they are unsatisfied with there situation and a troublemaker inflame them they could easily blame us. So we should just start with a small number. Even if they would just work for food and a house - that probably wouldn't last forever and if they start to demand payment and we reject them we could have a problem.

Another thing I notice is that that Food Grocers and Slave Traders among those people. We know that we have a food shortage, and slaves aren't that bad (if they don't sell us there weakest ones). So I guess we should let some of those traders in to stock up our supplies. :) Perhaps they have some simple thing the Nal traders don't have or they have some things we need urgently (like food). Of course we should only let those people in who could offer valuable things (sorry we don't look like we need a monkey).
Finish
Merc on vacation

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre