The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: Event Archive, Day 41 Very Late

Postby Catriana on Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:53 pm

I agree with Idunyken's proposal that we let the Svarts know that they cannot use us like this again without some serious reprocussions. They gave us little information on this battle, and we went in very unprepared. This will be unacceptable in the future. If they want our help in the future, they will need to be clear cut with us and cut the bs. The losses we've suffered are great as we are a small clan and we need everyone we can get. We used our own limited resources to fight. Will they give us the ammo we've lost? Will they heal our fallen warriors? They said we were on our own for this battle, so I'm going to assume 'no', or at the very least, they will not help us until after the battle.

But we do not need to cut ties with them because they're untrustworthy. There is no trustworthy clan in Chel. NONE. All clans worry about themselves and what can benefit and suit their purposes so that they can prosper. Everything else is secondary. If we try to build relationships only on clans that we find 'trustworthy', we won't have any alliances. The only clan we can truly trust is our own.

That said, unless the Svarts make it very apparant that trusting them will result in a horrible downward spiral for our clan, I see no reason why we shouldn't form an alliance. The fact that clans have issues with them is irrevelant unless it's a major clan that we may want to have dealings with in the future. In that sense, I suggest that after the battle we find out who exactly they've pissed off and if an alliance is truly worth it. It's not like they're the only prosperous clan in Chel, and we don't HAVE to deal with them just because they have money and connections. Basically, what I'm saying is that if they can benefit us, then fine, but if there's another clan that can benefit us better, then we could try appealing to them. Clan relations are all about what one clan can do for another for mutual benefit.
“The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend." -Henry David Thoreau
Catriana
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Thaluka2 on Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:26 pm

If we manage to capture one of the roof guys we can find out what clan they're from. We should *not* give the high ranking captives to the Svarts, they should get one of the peasants (assuming we win). Then we can talk to this other clan ourselves, possibly giving them the prisoner back as a show of good faith. Find out what the Svarts are really up to.
Ziakas Tei'Kaliath - Scout of Ther'avere
Thaluka2
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby FSEffect on Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:25 pm

If we did that earlier, I think we would've had less casualties.
Anyway we got them in a pinch now, so we'll have an easier time with the lack of a sniper.
That cry for father, sounds to me like bargaining time }:3
She doesn't give up, we snipe her legs.
"People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people"

Clan's designated marksman
Kerr Nigit

Kerr's sister and relic hunter
Kay Nigit
FSEffect
Vel'akar

Postby DarkVolt on Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:36 pm

Looking at there armor, I assume they are from the Nal'sarkot-Clan. Who I think were the ones who are fighting against our Client(which I still cannot remember the name).
Aboud the fight and letting our Squads arriving there unprepaired, I still dont trust our Client and I get more and more the impression they simply wanted to get rid of all of us Warriors to make everyone else from the clan there slaves.
On the other hand, with the presence of all Warriors this fight would have had a differend outcome indeed.

We sure need more squads, 15 at best to build up from, and a second Ranked warrior stationed in Ther'Avare.
Fel'lor Tei'kaliath
DarkVolt
Summoner

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby thatguyvex on Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:16 pm

Hmm, as far as I am aware the only reason we decided to have a relationship with the Svartelos at all was because they made an issue over the ownership of the mine. Before that point it did not seem like we had any intention of heavily involving ourselves in Chel Clan politics and events. Now that we have stuck our hands in the proverbial vipers nest we won't be able to pull it out just like that. Even if we do attempt to cut ties with the Svartelos, they will likely resurface as an issue for us, one we lack the military or political power to just shrug off. In short, while we do not need to stay in bed with them as cuddly partners for life, we should probably try to remain neutral towards them until we can find more reliable potential allies. With the mine issue (hopefully) resolved now we are free to work out better deals in the future with the Svartelos if/when we decide to make such deals, while keeping ourselves prepared and vigilant against possible treachery.

As it stands, it would be nice to be able to find out exactly who those two armored folk are and who they work for, if anyone. Speculation and assumptions on the nature of that information will get us nowhere.
There is a fine line between awesome and ridiculous. Badai uses that line to floss his teeth.

Kazdrin's Random Link: Bizzare. Amusing. Ruby Quest.
thatguyvex
Vel'akar

Postby Lt Anders on Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:17 pm

hm so we still have 5 melee warriors up, but we are down 2 Archers.

Enemy has no ranged support and Heavy armor retreating.

Shoulda done that joint attack before we lost 5 warriors.

We should try and get that crossbow!
Loyalty is not bought, but earned.-Me
Vae Victus-Woe to the vanquished.
Best. Song. Ever.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q267 ... s/Maiq.png
Tei'Kaliath: M'aiq(My-eek), Mine Manager
Lt Anders
Vel'akar

Postby Finish on Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:18 pm

15 Squads or warriors? That means 75 members?
And who feeds them? That means almost everybody working as warrior and then we could call us Sarghress 2.

I guess this part of the battle was a total failure and I'm not sure if it was a good idea to vote for
bring the Illharess home. But maybe that just because it looks like everything goes wrong.

My lesson for that page: We should give our scouts bows. Dame it! If they would have shout and kill that guy
we wouldn't have that much trouble. And we should let them act immediatly if the situation requieres it.
I'm curious if it would have worked if the scouts attack them by surprise and push the girl down the roof.
But we may never know and it's not important.

What about those guys that came out of the houses? Are the come to attack us, too? In that case we pretty screwed
and should give a dame about the mission and make a withdrawal. Otherwise everybody one the ground is death, soon.
Finish
Merc on vacation

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby thatguyvex on Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:21 pm

I think it's a basic given by now that scouts in melee = bad. However perhaps this page shows that with the element of surprise and decent numerical advantage, scouts making ranged sneak attacks can be effective, especailly when combined with warrior assaults and/or shooting.
There is a fine line between awesome and ridiculous. Badai uses that line to floss his teeth.

thatguyvex
Vel'akar

Postby Finish on Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:25 pm

Well now the girl has to carry her father, so nobody to use a mana shield. If we could get a archer up there he could shout her in the back our the leg.
Honestly I would perfer the first one, since it's enough to capture one of them and I would avoid any further riks.
Finish
Merc on vacation

Postby DarkVolt on Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:29 pm

thatguyvex wrote:As it stands, it would be nice to be able to find out exactly who those two armored folk are and who they work for, if anyone. Speculation and assumptions on the nature of that information will get us nowhere.

I'm not just guessing. Just look at the armor of those 2 warriors. That's defenetly the Nal'sarkoth logo, and with this one of the 9 Noble clans.
Finish wrote:15 Squads or warriors? That means 75 members?
And who feeds them? That means almost everybody working as warrior and then we could call us Sarghress 2.

I mean 15 Squads and we already have over 100 if not over 150 refugees we feed every frigging day, so 75 is no big deal and the workload is still the same.

But 75 additional members would defenetly boost reza's paycheck and the income for Drowtales, so that's a good idea aswell.

All I'm saying is if we really consider in doing this kind of deals with clans we need a force to take one or 2 blows without the whole mission shaking.

And dont think I dont cosider anything else because I'm a warrior myselve. Keep real, when the time comes that we get 15 more squads we're already around 1000 members total. So nothing to fuzz aboud.
Fel'lor Tei'kaliath
DarkVolt
Summoner

Postby thatguyvex on Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:36 pm

Another possibility to help squad survival and durability is to up the number of warriors in each squad. I think this was mentioned before in the warrior thread but I don't know if Madea was considering it or not, but it might not be a bad idea to reorganize the squads into groups between eight and ten. Yes that means we'd field less squads, but each squad could take a few casualties and still have enough numeric strength to fight effectively.

thatguyvex
Vel'akar

Postby Idunyken on Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:19 am

FSEffect wrote:If we did that earlier, I think we would've had less casualties.
Anyway we got them in a pinch now, so we'll have an easier time with the lack of a sniper.

Eager to get her back for attempting to castrate you Kerr? XD
PtP - Iduken'di the hoodie-wearing brickie!
"Badai lost his arm intentionally, to give the rest of the world half a chance"
Idunyken
Vel'akar

Location: In a log cabin with beers cooling in the snow outside...livin' the dream!

Postby Finish on Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:29 am

DarkVolt wrote:I'm not just guessing. Just look at the armor of those 2 warriors. That's defenetly the Nal'sarkoth logo, and with this one of the 9 Noble clans.

Here's a link to the Clan page.

http://www.drowtales.com/~wiki/index.ph ... %27Sarkoth

Where did you saw that symbol? I didn't saw any smybol. Ok one page 84 if you look at the neck of the man you could see somethingt that could be Clan symbol.
But it also could be anything else same with the half-cover logo on page 86. No proof that they are really Nal'Sarkoth.

Also from the Wiki:

Clan Colors

Green is the Nal'Sarkoth color of choice. It is expensive, manufactured from an ingredient found only on the surface, and serves as a way to flaunt their riches. Other colors include blue, gold and red.

There hairs aren't green, blue, gold or red. So they could be Nal but this isn't certain.
Finish
Merc on vacation

Postby FSEffect on Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:04 am

Idunyken wrote:
FSEffect wrote:If we did that earlier, I think we would've had less casualties.

Eager to get her back for attempting to castrate you Kerr? XD

I don't have Kerr go for every dangerous female you know :3 (even though they have much in common)
Thinking we should still try and shout warning at the sniper though.
"People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people"

Clan's designated marksman
Kerr Nigit

Kerr's sister and relic hunter
Kay Nigit
FSEffect
Vel'akar

Re: Leader Archive Day 41 Very Late

Postby Nasfors on Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:20 am

Sorry you got shot, Kerr. You'll pull through I'm sure.

So Nasfors is on his way to Chel with a minor following. I guess I should add in an option for this coming week to cement what we're doing? Would be nice if there was a manual for this. Thank you to those of you voted for it, and thank you for voting again to follow it through.

Now for the important part.

GET SOME ARCHERS, GET SOME! Two to the chest after one to the head! Imagine that! My words are insufficient to convey the joy in my heart at your kill. We're over the hump ladies and gents, now it is just cleanup time. May the goddesses be with the healers. It sucks that the mana user was her father, but maybe it is an advantage.
Nasfors
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre