The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: LA Day 41 Late: Battle getting complicated

Postby Frost Indri on Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:22 am

As a business person I dislike this idea greatly. Basicly, its going back on a contract making our clan untrustworthy, and making future business more difficult for us.

However, my people aren't in the battle, and my ass isn't on the line. I will support whatever decision ya'll come to.
Ka'hab, the potter.
Frost Indri
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Kir'ima on Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:49 am

It is only an alternate possibility to be considered, and right now we are more or less leaning against it for various reasons.
waiting patiently for my next chance at Sayatt
everyone stay clear of my blast radius
Kir'ima
the scout

Postby Meska369 on Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:25 am

You guys need to read Madea's action...

That statement is perfect. It has a chance of causing doubt in the rabble.

Oh, and you CAN tell you enemy what you are doing. Sometimes doing so confuses them, unnerves them or outright scares the crap out of them. I will apply this only to the mob like folks.

The other two would not be expected to be swayed nor their men, BUT it would cause enough of a pause in the others to give us back initiative.

*shrugs*

My thoughts and life experiences.

"I would love to lay pipe... but I have no pipe to lay" - Meska369
Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Location: When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain

day 41 extra extra late...

Postby Nasfors on Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:17 pm

I guess it would have been nice to know beforehand that we were going to stay in day 41. Anyways, now everybody knows not to post an action for next week if they aren't at the battle.
Nasfors
Vel'akar

Postby Meska369 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:19 pm

Ok, turning fire off and going to go rest... Wonder what we will do...
Last edited by Meska369 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Location: When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain

Postby FSEffect on Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:21 pm

*Bangs head against table*
MORE WAITING!!!
Next time we go to war, we're bringing a golem!
Perferably a M1A2 Abrams }:3
"People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people"

Clan's designated marksman
Kerr Nigit

Kerr's sister and relic hunter
Kay Nigit
FSEffect
Vel'akar

Postby Meska369 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:23 pm

Don't worry, when Ar'lein finds out what happened, the BIG golems are gonna become a bigger priority... after the arm shields and collapsible Crossbows.

Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Finish on Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:37 pm

Well I guess if we want Golems we should find a way to make the Golem guys or new friends. :D
Too bad they don't want to talk with us and doesn't seems to like the Svart.
However, the Svart already had a deal with the Kal'Yantra, so they could tell us how we could establish a contact
and are useful for at least one thing.
And if that not works - because the Svart use some dirty tatics we could also ask the Trader guys if they come back.
Maybe they know what we could do to make theKal'Yantra interested in us. :)
Finish
Merc on vacation

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Re: Event Archive, Day 41 Very Late

Postby Thaluka2 on Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:10 am

After we give the Svarts their prisoner we are telling them to piss off and sticking the heads of any more that wander into our cavern onto pikes Vlad the Impaler style.
Ziakas Tei'Kaliath - Scout of Ther'avere
Thaluka2
Vel'akar

Postby PenDragon on Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:37 am

Since we've shortened the list of possible allies by at least one, I would think twice before severing all ties with the clan we've had the most contact with; the Svarts.

At this point of the game allies are extremely important, and clans in Chel don't grow on trees. I may not speak for those who absolutely hate the Svarts, but unless we want to make another new enemy and also spend several (more) turns looking for a new "friend" in the city we may at least want to consider salvaging our clan relations. If not, it's back to square one.
If something seems too good to be true, you're supposed to shoot it just in case.
- Fiona Glenanne, "Burn Notice"

FYI: No, I have not made 16 million forum posts; that number is the result of a glitch. Don't ask.
PenDragon
Shard of the Old God

Postby Thorn on Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:42 am

ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz ^^;
Thorn
Demon

Postby Thaluka2 on Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:48 am

PenDragon wrote:Since we've shortened the list of possible allies by at least one, I would think twice before severing all ties with the clan we've had the most contact with; the Svarts.

At this point of the game allies are extremely important, and clans in Chel don't grow on trees. I may not speak for those who absolutely hate the Svarts, but unless we want to make another new enemy and also spend several (more) turns looking for a new "friend" in the city we may at least want to consider salvaging our clan relations. If not, it's back to square one.

So they can screw us over more? It's pretty clear Svart "allies" don't meet very good ends. Debt and slavery seem the most common. Or sent on a suicide decoy mission to accomplish some objective you aren't aware of.
Ziakas Tei'Kaliath - Scout of Ther'avere
Thaluka2
Vel'akar

Postby PenDragon on Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:54 am

Trying to find a clan without an agenda in Chel is like trying to find a virgin in the Sullisin'rune palace.

We're never going to get anywhere within Chel without help, so allies are a must-have. Besides, I doubt the Svartelos are really any different from the other clans in the city, and at least we already have established relations with the Svarts.
If something seems too good to be true, you're supposed to shoot it just in case.
- Fiona Glenanne, "Burn Notice"

FYI: No, I have not made 16 million forum posts; that number is the result of a glitch. Don't ask.
PenDragon
Shard of the Old God

Postby Nagimalice on Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:33 am

PenDragon wrote:Trying to find a clan without an agenda in Chel is like trying to find a virgin in the Sullisin'rune palace.

Yea, You have to look for the youngest. *is shot*

The Svartelos managed to catch us unaware with their claimed ownership of the mine, i doubt many will be as willing to go along with any newer plans seeing as how 'well' this one turned out.
I don't wanna work.. I wanna sit around and bang on the forge all day."
Nagimalice
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby kirio on Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:44 am

The biggest minus for the Svarts is their horrible reputation. We now know first hand how they got that rep. At the very least, this is a clear sign we want to start looking elsewhere for better contacts. We also probably want to start working on building our reputation with our nearest neighbors (the housing area just outside our cavern). We need something to counteract any blow back we might get from this current encounter.
Mana allows us to feel our connection to the world through the elements. Become one with that which thou wouldst change and the magic becomes effortless.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre