The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: Event Archive Day 41 Mid-Day

Postby Nasfors on Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:49 pm

The fact that it burns does not make it natural gas. Has anyone considered this? I guarantee we don't have any way to test the chemical composition of this gas, even if drow DID posses the knowledge of HOW to test it. Lots of things burn- not all of them should be set on fire.

LOOK AT ME!! I SHOULD KNOW! *crying*

I think our best option is to cap the fissure and leave the gas where it is.
Nasfors
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Meckruco on Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:08 pm

preasure would build up and that would be bad.

i agree for a cap of some kind. but pipes and whatnot to vent it to where we want.

and i have a question, why dont we become the first "Techno" clan? i mean we use our hands and minds more than mana. just a thought.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum" If you desire peace, prepare for war.
House the of Will of Fire
Fourth Tir'ay Champ is Meck the bear killer.
Meckruco
Vel'akar

Postby Meska369 on Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:25 pm

My people, who tested the gas, are not dead. Burning the gas doesn't kill you.

"I would love to lay pipe... but I have no pipe to lay" - Meska369
Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Location: When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain

Postby Vertigo916 on Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:28 pm

Eh most gass found underground is some form of NG. its just an assumption. Either way its a source of fire and heat that dosent involve someone channeling mana at it for a few hours..

I think im with every one else at this point.. We need to cap it, pipe it outside and flair it for the time being. This will let us get the mine up and running which is the #1 goal of the miners (^_^)

Ore = income / weapons and all kinds of other things.
If we cant force such a simple thing as stone to submit to us how can we ever hope to stem the unending flow of time set against us.
Vertigo916
Nether Spawn

Postby Madea on Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:02 pm

Summarize from convo with Neko-sama, not a direct quote: The gas was meant to be a threat to the miners. If they had been humans, their flame lamps would have triggered an explosion. The air in the underworld doesn't cycle as easily as on the surface, so moving gas from where it is to areas of good air will eventually foul it and cause a new threat.[/end]

AGAIN, allow me to put forth that the drow have absolutely no reason to waste time, energy and resources to acquire *another* resource which can be used up for the small gain of being able to get heat without having to exert yourself when you have already exerted yourself a great deal, not to mention all the precautions you then have to take to make sure that some accident in the storage and use doesn't occur.

The *reason* WE, as Dirt-Humes, do so is because we have no other recourse, so we have harnessed chemical reactions. By the same token, the other races in DT do so because it is the only way they can come anywhere near the Fae mana arts, and look how well they're doing? We will not last long if we try to become a clan using gas and coal and steam, etc, etc, because while WE'RE wasting time and energy gathering that crap, other clans are cutting out the middle man and just using mana.

Kern probably won't fight us if everyone pushes that way, but I guarantee it's a surefire way to get Tei'kaliath brushed into the "non-canon" pile, because drow wouldn't do that.

As a brief aside, the underworld is a lot more open than the underground we have here, which means more ways for good air to get in (and, yes, likely some other reasons as well that haven't been explained to the public). You couldn't get from one side of a country to the other underground on Earth, but you can in the DT world. This may be explained in future chapters, but it's basically something that needs to be accepted.

So, in short, what you'll actually be doing is *creating* complications by trying to harness this when something we have already works. Leave the gas alone. Please. I'm begging you.
Madea
Pineapple Warmaster

Location: In EVA above Green Ball, surrounded by Space Kitties!
Clan: Sharen

Postby Meska369 on Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:07 pm

WEll, if Kern says so, we cap teh well and move on!!!
:D :D :D

"I would love to lay pipe... but I have no pipe to lay" - Meska369
Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Location: When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain

Re: Leader Archive Day 41 Mid-Day

Postby Nasfors on Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:29 pm

Fifty enemies. Two have armor. "Rhinn" is gonna die. I hope they paid that double enough.

That crest on the armored guy.. Val'Nal'Sarkoth? Shit. We better not let any escape now more than ever. I could go into a frag order, but that is Shiir's job and Nas isn't there so I'll bite my tongue.

Should have sent another squad. *doh*

...And it is official. Tali is there in the picture to Shiir's 4 o'clock. Count the warriors. GET SOME TALI GET SOME!!
Nasfors
Vel'akar

Postby Lt Anders on Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:44 pm

They are not NalSarkoth (fo' shame making fun of my clan!)

Have the warriors try and Keep them in a smaller area(more numbers in smaller area confers no advantage), and Use our Archers to TK...er hit the Crossbows(with maybe scout interference) and then then softer ground targets. Save the double, do not go for capturing (let the archer down and wound and cap those).
Loyalty is not bought, but earned.-Me
Vae Victus-Woe to the vanquished.
Best. Song. Ever.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q267 ... s/Maiq.png
Tei'Kaliath: M'aiq(My-eek), Mine Manager
Lt Anders
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Re: Leader Archive Day 41 Mid-Day

Postby Kitab Al'Ibar on Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:45 pm

Nasfors wrote:That crest on the armored guy.. Val'Nal'Sarkoth? Shit. We better not let any escape now more than ever. I could go into a frag order, but that is Shiir's job and Nas isn't there so I'll bite my tongue.

Should have sent another squad. *doh*

I would strongly disagree with the suggestion that they are the Nal'Sarkoth, the armour style and colouring is completely differant from that shown guarding their gate in EA 76 and back with the caravan in EA 58.

The symbol bears some resemblance, but detail cannot be seen and there is a diamond above and below what you assume to be the Nal'Sarkoth symbol and which is lacking from the symbol we have seen on the forums, wiki and on their fortress gate.
Last edited by Kitab Al'Ibar on Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kitab Al'Ibar
Vel'akar

Postby Nasfors on Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:48 pm

Sue a guy for an opinion.
Nasfors
Vel'akar

Postby tanarill on Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:50 pm

They may be a minor house in the clan, or otherwise associated. Remember, each clan has multiple ways of writing their symbol.
tanarill
Summoner

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Nasfors on Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:51 pm

What is bugging me is the Svarts described hit and run attacks. They said nothing of 'angry mob' tactics. This borders on very bad intel.
Nasfors
Vel'akar

Postby tanarill on Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:53 pm

Or deliberately bad intel. Or, since they had no real time to plot this attack, they didn't really think about what to do if extra warriors showed up, or how to retreat.
tanarill
Summoner

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby FSEffect on Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:55 pm

Shit! Give me the order, I'll snipe the two bastards on the high ground!
I think we should try at least to stop the double from getting killed straight away, but from the mob we're seeing that's next to impossible.
And more importantly those seem to be the leaders.
"People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people"

Clan's designated marksman
Kerr Nigit

Kerr's sister and relic hunter
Kay Nigit
FSEffect
Vel'akar

Postby Lt Anders on Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:57 pm

FSEffect wrote:Shit! Give me the order, I'll snipe the two bastards on the high ground!
I think we should try at least to stop the double from getting killed straight away, but from the mob we're seeing that's next to impossible.
And more importantly those seem to be the leaders.

They are armed, but not armored. I'd say if we cut a few down, we'd Break their morale(especially with the boss upstairs). Take out boss, and start pegging them, morale drops like a candle.
Loyalty is not bought, but earned.-Me
Vae Victus-Woe to the vanquished.
Best. Song. Ever.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q267 ... s/Maiq.png
Tei'Kaliath: M'aiq(My-eek), Mine Manager
Lt Anders
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre