The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: Leader Archive Day 40: ..ommmmm..

Postby Idunyken on Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:17 pm

basically the same as doing an action, only an NPC tells ya what to do and the end product is always Ada
PtP - Iduken'di the hoodie-wearing brickie!
"Badai lost his arm intentionally, to give the rest of the world half a chance"
Idunyken
Vel'akar

Location: In a log cabin with beers cooling in the snow outside...livin' the dream!
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Thaluka2 on Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:22 pm

Idunyken wrote:basically the same as doing an action, only an NPC tells ya what to do and the end product is always Ada

Unless it's brothel work, then you could pick up something else too. :0
Ziakas Tei'Kaliath - Scout of Ther'avere
Thaluka2
Vel'akar

Postby tanarill on Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:41 pm

What, no goods and services bartering? I'd work for a clean pair of pants!
tanarill
Summoner

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Kir'ima on Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:28 pm

Catriana wrote:Hm...I suppose the only thing I would be worried about is the fact that some folks may one to do one job and others do another from one particular group. Example, Jan'avin may want to help with clothing, Niar may want to help with carpentry, Miss Bel may want to work at an apple stand. I might be nuking this, however, so just ignore me...

As others have said, you would probably be working as a group under your ranked boss, and most likely within your profession, since as nurses Jan'avin has no tailoring skills, Niar'suru has no carpentry skills, and Bel'xullyn... well... let's just say that the apples would not be safe, and that total earnings for the day might end up with a minus sign in front of the ada number. :0 :P
waiting patiently for my next chance at Sayatt
everyone stay clear of my blast radius
Kir'ima
the scout

Postby Frost Indri on Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:58 pm

We got fuel! Now... how to collect it. ...
0.O

IF we could pump it all the way to the studio/forge areas, I'd say do it, but that seems like quite the project. I doubt we can compress it either. of course... you know, if you use the current set up, extend it a leetle off to one side, you could set up a smelting area right outside the mine using the gas. I suppose it just then depends on how much gas is produced and pumped out a day. Maybe we could even set up some sort of containment area for when the smelter isn't in use?

I'm just spouting off ideas at the moment, as the burning gas seems to great a resource to pass up.
Ka'hab, the potter.
Frost Indri
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Nasfors on Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:04 pm

Have the builders seriously been blocking our gates with walls? I am gonna flip shit if they have. That is suicide of the highest level.
Nasfors
Vel'akar

Postby Frost Indri on Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:15 pm

really. You just noticed that there was a wall built? Its an outer fortification that encircles two gates. It has one very large gate in it that took several turns and more than one ranked member to make. It has a walk-way and stairs so that archers and defenders can actually rain down hell from it, unlike the two inner gates which are still usable.

Building the wall, placement, etc. http://www.drowtales.com/~pathtopower/a ... date&id=72
-http://www.drowtales.com/~pathtopower/archive_events.php?order=date&id=73
Gate building- http://www.drowtales.com/~pathtopower/a ... date&id=76
Decorating the gate- http://www.drowtales.com/~pathtopower/a ... date&id=77
Last edited by Frost Indri on Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ka'hab, the potter.
Frost Indri
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Nasfors on Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:17 pm

Well that is okay then. The panel today made it sound like we were permanently blocking exits, rather than just gate-ing open spots in the walls.
Nasfors
Vel'akar

Postby Frost Indri on Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:21 pm

yeah, I can see how you would get that. The description wasn't clear there. *sighs*

Either that or the architects are hatching an evil plot. o_O

;p
Ka'hab, the potter.
Frost Indri
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Nasfors on Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:27 pm

They better not be! Thorn's character is cute but I'll still kneecap every last one of them! :P hehe

BTW, nice chair Lady Ka'hab.

Hm.. I've just decided that seeing Rulishia, Meck, and Oru walking toward my point of view with that level of determination looks quite intimidating. We'll be lucky if the enemy stays for the battle rather than just offering terms right away.
Nasfors
Vel'akar

Postby FSEffect on Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:31 pm

We must really stand out in the crowd there.
I'm imagining that things will get loud soon.
"People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people"

Clan's designated marksman
Kerr Nigit

Kerr's sister and relic hunter
Kay Nigit
FSEffect
Vel'akar

Postby Nasfors on Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:37 pm

Day 42- every Val clan sends an emissary to demand a nonaggression pact with our Ill'haress.
Day 43- two of the clans insist we assist them against two others.
Day 53- clan Tei'kaliath is absorbed by a Val clan after running out of blood with which to defend ourselves.

*hmmm* Maybe we should try to become a protectorate of a larger clan while we have the capacity to choose which one.
Nasfors
Vel'akar

Postby tanarill on Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:48 pm

I think pumping the gas all the way to the studio isn't something we really have the resources for yet, but I'm fully behind having a couple of smith people hang out in a smelting hut just outside the mine and quickly process the iron into steel. That way, we don't have to shlep the raw ore to Ther', only the bars, and we should be able to produce a correspondingly higher number of bars.

If think we'd need some kind of compressor and tank before storing and moving the natural gas would become feasible. We can make a tank from metal, but I'm not sure we can build something airtight enough to act as a compressor, even if we use a golem to supply the high torque. So I'd say just table that idea for now, and have a permanent flame going in the smelting hut. We could use it for other stuff (like maybe steam engines XD) when it's not being used for smelting.
tanarill
Summoner

Re: EA Day 41, Early: Warriors, Scouts & Nurses to War!

Postby Robert_Frazer on Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:48 am

If PtP ever acquires its own soundtrack, then this music would be a strong contender for accompanying Panel One...!
A clerk thought that Curzon's memorandum was balls. But he was afraid to say so directly, so he wrote faintly in the margin "Round Objects". Lord Curzon replied in a note: "Who is Mr. Round, and why does he object?"
-Sir Alan Lascelles
Robert_Frazer
Demon

Re: EA Day 41, Early: Warriors, Scouts & Nurses to War!

Postby Siv'Wilroz on Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:14 am

Robert_Frazer wrote:If PtP ever acquires its own soundtrack, then this music would be a strong contender for accompanying Panel One...!

Yea it would be a pretty much awesome theme song :D
Siv'Wilroz
Demon

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre