The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: LA Day 37: One battle for mine; its in 4 game days

Postby PenDragon on Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:15 pm

If the Warriors aren't satisfied with the amount of equipment they have (or don't have), you should probably discuss it in the Blacksmith's thread and not here. As it stands, the vast majority of efforts from the Forge Workers has been aimed at making weapons and armor for the Warriors with only a few concessions made for the other ranks. If Mari'ciel can be accused of anything at all, it's that the hard-working Forge Workers aren't working hard enough to satisfy the demands of the Warriors.

There's still time to prepare and we have enough days to do it, but it may be some time before we see a perfect-world scenario where every Tei'kaliath non-combatant is armed properly when out on the field.
If something seems too good to be true, you're supposed to shoot it just in case.
- Fiona Glenanne, "Burn Notice"

FYI: No, I have not made 16 million forum posts; that number is the result of a glitch. Don't ask.
PenDragon
Shard of the Old God

Postby Nasfors on Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:18 pm

A point well-made, Lor'tohm.
Nasfors
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Finish on Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:31 pm

Well most ore goes to the warriors, so perhaps they shouldn't be making demands and claiming that it takes too long to equip themself.
They black smith does his beast to equip them, but they are the largest group and all of them need weapon and armors.

Nasfors wrote:Also, how can anyone suggest that the warriors are imposing to simply ask that each has a weapon? Are you serious? Here, you 28 go fight with 20 weapons and 15 armors? Can you imagine sending a modern force without a rifle per pair of boots? Hell next you'll accuse us of being an imposition if we ask for 28 pairs of boots.

Well we aren't modern force, we are a bunch of refugees. A month ago we didn't had a home and no chance. I think we did it quiet well. I'm not calling the warriors impoosters, but well the last posts sound a bit ungrateful for me.

Nasfors wrote:And before you go on about how 15 armed warriors is enough, recall for a moment that we haven't faced a real force yet. The slavers were a joke, and *they* kicked the shit out of the clan. We won by the skin of our teeth, even with the faceless assisting. (primarily because we lacked weapons and armor- see why it matters now?) As of right now, I am not sure we would win a 15 vs 15 against a seasoned enemy force. That means we need to outnumber the enemy- which isn't going to happen if people sit around at home.

We wouldn't even win a 25 vs 15 against a seasoned enemy force - not even with weapons and armors for every single warrior. The Sarghress have better armors and troops, the Vloz have demons, the Kyorl also better troops...That's why we need to chooce our enemies carefuly and gain as much information as possible. And decide if we should talk or fight.

I would realy feel better if all our warriors would have good armors and weapons. But I would also feel better if all houses would be safe and the miner would produce more. Perhaps you should stop recruting if you can't equip all people and some squads already waiting for there stuff. If we focus on military only in the end we have 200 warriors, only twenty people in the other sections and our Clan is Sarghress No. 2.

Sorry if that sounds like warrior-bashing. That just my opinion. However, let's see that we can equip as much warriors as possible till the battle begins.
Finish
Merc on vacation

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Idunyken on Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:45 pm

We are going to war...you have read that we've only got 4 game days until our guys have to be at the Svart doorstep ready to fight right? I don't think there is any question about it...warriors should be the resource focus atm. Once we've finished kitting them out then we don't need to pump any more resources in! A warrior cap should be set at some point (32 or 40 was suggested iirc...) but that's in the future.
PtP - Iduken'di the hoodie-wearing brickie!
"Badai lost his arm intentionally, to give the rest of the world half a chance"
Idunyken
Vel'akar

Location: In a log cabin with beers cooling in the snow outside...livin' the dream!

Postby Lt Anders on Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:40 pm

*just glossing over*

Why do I keep getting mentioned? what have we miners done that warrants exposition?

(btw, theirs a nice 25+ ore waiting to be smelt with 14 or so bars left. If anything, we need smelting Facilities near the mine/quicker smelting so there is less ore and more bars)
Loyalty is not bought, but earned.-Me
Vae Victus-Woe to the vanquished.
Best. Song. Ever.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q267 ... s/Maiq.png
Tei'Kaliath: M'aiq(My-eek), Mine Manager
Lt Anders
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby weilong on Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:43 pm

So I think the time has come where we need to have an emissary or more than one to be sent out. Now I know we have gone over this before but this is my thinking. For me personally I don't have the time to be checking up every week I have enough time to maybe check on the weekends. We should create this position so that the person who is or in charge of being our emissary can check in once awhile like say every 2 weeks and thats how we should update them. This is my 2 beans I put into the jar :)
Haichun of the Harvesters used to be a scholar but not much to read or teach atm so what can you do really? OOO THERE GOES A LIZARD!!!
weilong
Demon

Postby Idunyken on Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:06 pm

Lt Anders wrote:*just glossing over*

Why do I keep getting mentioned? what have we miners done that warrants exposition?

(btw, theirs a nice 25+ ore waiting to be smelt with 14 or so bars left. If anything, we need smelting Facilities near the mine/quicker smelting so there is less ore and more bars)

Becuase you nicked the bath timeslot when everyone else started thinking of war preparations ya lazy sod 8P

Perhaps you could look into doing some smelting yourself? If it can be one of your jobs then marci could focus on the final products more! You could turn a big boulder into a crucible and heat it up with mana perhaps...

Rulishia wrote:How about this:
Weapons AND Armor for ALL squads, eh? It's kind of tiring that we do not have the equipment to protect the Clan.
If we have a full mobilization to aid the Warriors, why not? Ya'll can finally finish Shiir's Warmaster Armor, finish arming the Squads with their respective weapons, start and finish the new Archer and Heavy Armors, and finally make some arrows for the archers. Trust me that scene with Kerr trying to teach Lady Anjhali archery was rather embarrassing in more ways than one.

While we definately need a fully equipped army, it makes sense to focus on what is vital to the upcoming battle when time is limited. To my mind that would be arrows, weapons for as many people as one days action allows and armour (light and...what we have now (do we call that medium armour?)).
PtP - Iduken'di the hoodie-wearing brickie!
"Badai lost his arm intentionally, to give the rest of the world half a chance"
Idunyken
Vel'akar

Location: In a log cabin with beers cooling in the snow outside...livin' the dream!

Postby Rulishia on Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:33 am

It's funny when you see non-combatants talk about going to war.
Yes, Mari'ciel has done a lot of other projects over the last few months that did not benefit the warriors directly. However, if you look closely, it was just her. Never any of her Assistants, unless it was a mass production project.
Mari'ciel made the chisels.
Mari'ciel created the scalpel.
Mari'ciel aided in completing the Extruder.
Mari'ciel created the gem cutters

All of these things (as examples) are rather small projects that the Master Smith would work on her or himself. This would leave their Assistants to all the menial labor and lower priority projects. So far we have seen nothing of the ilk. I've argued in her thread to divide the labor up so she could get more projects done over time. She would have a lower production rate, but would actually have a steady stream of materials for all involved.

I'm not just talking warrior gear, but also production for the entire Clan.
Oh, and yes I already proposed my idea in the Blacksmith Thread.
Rulishia (formerly of the House of Mithran)
Squad Cute... wait, no... WYVERN!!! - Dini Nidinas, Nar'kaller, Yasha, Ys'sa (the Originals)
ImageMy little Ceru! ^.^ Image Serene! Image Leon!
Rulishia
Demon

Postby Nasfors on Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:39 pm

Blacksmith and scouts kicked a ton of butt this update. Just look at all those dead kirisu.. Good job yall!
Nasfors
Vel'akar

Postby Lt Anders on Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:14 pm

Wo, look at those "buffer than the warriors" miners! That's right, whos the best, WE ARE! In reality, we'd be equally if not better in strength than the warriors. Hauling heavy ore does that!

Ok now to go kidnap Arlien and my pump!...wait...I still need a pipe...Oh Kahab.... XD

Edit: Just noticed. The miners have the least talkative bunch in There! Heh, More work and less play. Looks like the rest of you are lazy!(even when bathing it's all work and no play!)
Loyalty is not bought, but earned.-Me
Vae Victus-Woe to the vanquished.
Best. Song. Ever.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q267 ... s/Maiq.png
Tei'Kaliath: M'aiq(My-eek), Mine Manager
Lt Anders
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Rulishia on Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:04 pm

Probably because your assistants had to keep hauling up water for you. I'd hate to use that bath as well if I had to change water out multiple times for a single person.

And who's lazy? We're out there practicing, drilling and on watch and you're in the bath and not mining?
Rulishia (formerly of the House of Mithran)
Squad Cute... wait, no... WYVERN!!! - Dini Nidinas, Nar'kaller, Yasha, Ys'sa (the Originals)
ImageMy little Ceru! ^.^ Image Serene! Image Leon!
Rulishia
Demon

Postby Frost Indri on Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:06 pm

Rulishia wrote:It's funny when you see non-combatants talk about going to war.
Yes, Mari'ciel has done a lot of other projects over the last few months that did not benefit the warriors directly. However, if you look closely, it was just her. Never any of her Assistants, unless it was a mass production project.
Mari'ciel made the chisels.
Mari'ciel created the scalpel.
Mari'ciel aided in completing the Extruder.
Mari'ciel created the gem cutters

All of these things (as examples) are rather small projects that the Master Smith would work on her or himself. This would leave their Assistants to all the menial labor and lower priority projects. So far we have seen nothing of the ilk. I've argued in her thread to divide the labor up so she could get more projects done over time. She would have a lower production rate, but would actually have a steady stream of materials for all involved.

I'm not just talking warrior gear, but also production for the entire Clan.
Oh, and yes I already proposed my idea in the Blacksmith Thread.

One of the problems that we've confronted time and time again is that we are limited by the rules of the game in what we can do, and a lot of stuff is glossed over as unecessary back-ground. Creating all those things would require the full use of the assistants. Especially something with as many working parts as an extruder.

Honestly, it doesn't matter to the GM if the action would take 10 Min or 10 days IRL, its that the one thing gets done. *sighs* Believe me when I say that if we ranked could get away with massive multi-tasking, we would. Its just not part of the game. (though I have to point out that we still try.) :)
Ka'hab, the potter.
Frost Indri
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Meska369 on Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:26 am

Yeah, it's also been my experience to NOT to multi task too much. Seems more gets done if you focus. Plus, we only have the ability to do TWO things per action. So you have to pick and choose carefully. I'm making it a priority to provide Mari/the smiths with my extra people, so her projects have a better chance of success in the coming actions, and am loosing an action each turn to it but I think it's the best choice for right now.

"I would love to lay pipe... but I have no pipe to lay" - Meska369
Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Location: When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain

Postby FSEffect on Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:00 am

Ammunition :D!!!
More please ^^

I see Siv seems to be having a bad run; lunch stolen, squad leader bullying him, beaten at practice. I think he needs a break :D *pats Siv on the head*
"People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people"

Clan's designated marksman
Kerr Nigit

Kerr's sister and relic hunter
Kay Nigit
FSEffect
Vel'akar

Postby Siv'Wilroz on Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:51 am

Don't worry about me I'll be fine :D

(plus in the fight, all I'll have to do is to twist my right elbow up right after droping my sword (effect of suprise) and headlock her. }:3 )
Siv'Wilroz
Demon

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre