The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: Event Archive Day 36

Postby Nasfors on Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:06 pm

If we get time to prepare, we might also want to consider producing ladders or rams. I don't foresee the battle taking place on open ground, so we just might need to defeat fortifications too. must stop worrying, Shiir is in control.. must stop worrying, Shiir is in control..
Nasfors
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1924
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:19 pm
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Event Archive Day 36

Postby Rulishia on Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:04 am

Well Nasfors of course the plan is the first thing to go in battle. I understand this rather well.
That's why what I brought up was a best case scenario and generic plan. Either way, the same thing would happen. The warriors will fight and the Scouts will gather information.

As for casualties, I wouldn't worry too much about that beyond the possibility of a warrior getting knocked unconscious or something similar. Unless that person's account or character has recently gone belly up permanently, we will not have anyone die.
Anyhow, all of the warriors are trained in basic first-aid. At least to the level of your Docs Nasfors (yes, all warriors here are trained as frontline combat medics). SO if there are any serious injuries, we can at least stabilize our injured until they can receive more permanent treatment.

I'm also a little concerned about your saying that we are short on food and medical supplies. I am aware that we are short on weapons and armor, but those squads that are not fully equipped will hardly be the ones that shall be called upon. Being that this is Chel this is probably going to a small scale engagement. Rarely in the current Moonless Age has any large-scale engagements occurred, almost everything has been small squad-size fights.

If everything does go well and IF the brigands supposedly run to and are supported by the Val'Nal'sarkoth. Well, that's the end of our job. All we needed to do was to fight the brigands off and capture a few for the Svartelos to interrogate. If we do trail them to their employers, that's a bonus (don't see why we can't have that happen; Scouts don't fight, they observe). We don't need to do anything beyond observation after the fight.

Vex, I doubt that the Svartelos would not give us time to prep for the fight. They have mentioned that they wish for us to fight a winning battle. However, considering the possible nature of the enemy. I doubt that we'll have much time once they have their preparations made.
I'm thinking that they'll set up a situation that their enemy cannot resist to attack and we'll be there to catch them by surprise.

And you really want to set up a Field Hospital? Wow... Nothing else will advertise that a major military action will occur than having a big Field Hospital set up in the middle of the city NEAR the ambush zone...
At best, since this action is in support of the Svartelos they should be the ones to support us. At least have a few of the nurses set up in the Svartelos' compound, instead of out in a seperate Field Hospital.

As to the neccessity of siege equipment... Nasfors are you serious?
The Svartelos don't even know where they are based or even if they have a base. So, I doubt that we'll have to fight across any kind of fortifications. More than likely it'll be a fight in a city. Probably a marketplace or some kind of open meeting area.
Rulishia (formerly of the House of Mithran)
Image
Squad Cute... wait, no... WYVERN!!! - Dini Nidinas, Nar'kaller, Yasha, Ys'sa (the Originals)
ImageMy little Ceru! ^.^ Image Serene! Image Leon!
Rulishia
Demon
 
Posts: 727
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:45 am
Location: Melbourne, FL
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Event Archive Day 36

Postby Nasfors on Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:35 am

Really too much to say so I'll pick my battles.
Rulishia wrote:I'm also a little concerned about your saying that we are short on food and medical supplies. I am aware that we are short on weapons and armor, but those squads that are not fully equipped will hardly be the ones that shall be called upon. Being that this is Chel this is probably going to a small scale engagement. Rarely in the current Moonless Age has any large-scale engagements occurred, almost everything has been small squad-size fights.


We have 4 rolls of bandages. We have 28 warriors. I may be wrong, but the math doesn't seem to add up to me.
Assuming you send our (now) four squads with ample weaponry (leaving the archer squad unarmored) do you really think a force of 22 is significant in an urban environment? Good luck taking a single multi-story building.
Food is not a shortage- we have a surplus. Instead, what concerns me is getting the food from our city to the troops when they are afield. Yes, they can carry some, but we have no way of knowing how long they will be away from home.

This mix of ooc and ic is disturbing. No one will die unless they're leaving PtP..? true or not, if what you say is true it takes the excitement clean out of it. Fine, we all live and come home on stretchers- now An'jhali can have a mental breakdown. Much better option.

The reason that the possibility of Val backing concerns me is not that we will have to fight them immediately- it is that our ally will twist our arm into fighting them tomorrow.

And last but not least.. the reason I mentioned assault gear is simply because I have the impression that we are attacking. This isn't slavers being led right into our ambush inside our own walls. This enemy is one that uses hit and run tactics on the Svarts. That means we'll be lucky to know where they are, and when we DO find out, we'll have to kick their door down. Nobody said anything about a siege. Units as small as local police forces employ tools to open a stubborn door.
Nasfors
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1924
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:19 pm
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Event Archive Day 36

Postby kirio on Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:50 am

Rulishia wrote:Vex, I doubt that the Svartelos would not give us time to prep for the fight. They have mentioned that they wish for us to fight a winning battle. However, considering the possible nature of the enemy. I doubt that we'll have much time once they have their preparations made.
I'm thinking that they'll set up a situation that their enemy cannot resist to attack and we'll be there to catch them by surprise.


I wasn't assuming that Svartelos wasn't planning on giving us the info. they think we need in a timely fashion. I'm also aware that Kir'ima plans on getting some independent confirmation of it. Just that until we know what we're dealing with, we don't want to make too many assumptions in our planning.
Image
Mana allows us to feel our connection to the world through the elements. Become one with that which thou wouldst change and the magic becomes effortless.
Cloudless Mind
User avatar
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon
 
Posts: 5833
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:11 pm
Location: Setaka, Japan
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Event Archive Day 36

Postby thatguyvex on Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:14 am

And you really want to set up a Field Hospital? Wow... Nothing else will advertise that a major military action will occur than having a big Field Hospital set up in the middle of the city NEAR the ambush zone...
At best, since this action is in support of the Svartelos they should be the ones to support us. At least have a few of the nurses set up in the Svartelos' compound, instead of out in a seperate Field Hospital.


Oh I didn't mean anything huge and noticeable. I more meant something along the lines of a small area within the initial residential area just beyond the gate on the Chel map, or perhaps just outside, that can act as a more immediate area for treatment in case of serious injuries. It doesn't have to have be big or flashy. Just saying it might not be a bad idea to have some of our more expertly trained medical people at a closer location, just in case.

As for prep time, yeah they may or may not. If they do set up something that'll have a more immediate time-table we'll just have to make do, but here's hoping we might have at least a day or two. I've noticed our blacksmiths can produce a lot in just one day, and once we know the details of the battle we'll hopefully have a better idea of what needs to be prioritized in that department.
There is a fine line between awesome and ridiculous. Badai uses that line to floss his teeth.

Kazdrin's Random Link: Bizzare. Amusing. Ruby Quest.
thatguyvex
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1103
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:33 am
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Event Archive Day 36

Postby Idunyken on Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:50 pm

Nasfors wrote:Really too much to say so I'll pick my battles.
Rulishia wrote:I'm also a little concerned about your saying that we are short on food and medical supplies. I am aware that we are short on weapons and armor, but those squads that are not fully equipped will hardly be the ones that shall be called upon. Being that this is Chel this is probably going to a small scale engagement. Rarely in the current Moonless Age has any large-scale engagements occurred, almost everything has been small squad-size fights.


We have 4 rolls of bandages. We have 28 warriors. I may be wrong, but the math doesn't seem to add up to me.
Assuming you send our (now) four squads with ample weaponry (leaving the archer squad unarmored) do you really think a force of 22 is significant in an urban environment? Good luck taking a single multi-story building.
Food is not a shortage- we have a surplus. Instead, what concerns me is getting the food from our city to the troops when they are afield. Yes, they can carry some, but we have no way of knowing how long they will be away from home.

This mix of ooc and ic is disturbing. No one will die unless they're leaving PtP..? true or not, if what you say is true it takes the excitement clean out of it. Fine, we all live and come home on stretchers- now An'jhali can have a mental breakdown. Much better option.

The reason that the possibility of Val backing concerns me is not that we will have to fight them immediately- it is that our ally will twist our arm into fighting them tomorrow.

And last but not least.. the reason I mentioned assault gear is simply because I have the impression that we are attacking. This isn't slavers being led right into our ambush inside our own walls. This enemy is one that uses hit and run tactics on the Svarts. That means we'll be lucky to know where they are, and when we DO find out, we'll have to kick their door down. Nobody said anything about a siege. Units as small as local police forces employ tools to open a stubborn door.


I think 22 is definately enough. Again, there are few large engagements in chel and a big force is often a disadvantage in tight city streets. Especially if you don't want to take too many losses. On the subject of losses, I would expect that people could die if we screw up badly...or some might get captured and require a difficult rescue mission. So...don't screw up! :D We should get a battle scenario that is winnable in some way even if it turns out we're outnumbered or are otherwise at an apparent disadvantage.

I do hear you about medical supplies, a small stockpile should be put together...could the nurses learn how to make bandages? (if they haven't already). As for a field hospital, Rulishia's idea of having some nurses set up shop in the svart household is probably best. We'de have to leave guards with the nurses if they were out in the city.

Getting all the needed gear, weapons etc together should be a priority wether the battle is soon or not. Arrows in particular...what will they be made of anyway?

Val backing is...worrying... :S However we're dealing with drow here, not petty humans...if we thoroughly spank some hired goons of a clan in a really awesome way then it's more likely to impress than enrage said clan. If our guys come into contact with major clan soldiers I agree that that should be a mission aborted situation.
PtP - Iduken'di the hoodie-wearing brickie!
Image
"Badai lost his arm intentionally, to give the rest of the world half a chance"
Idunyken
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 2234
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:32 am
Location: In a log cabin with beers cooling in the snow outside...livin' the dream!
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Event Archive Day 36

Postby Thalar on Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:51 pm

Idunyken wrote:I do hear you about medical supplies, a small stockpile should be put together...could the nurses learn how to make bandages? (if they haven't already). As for a field hospital, Rulishia's idea of having some nurses set up shop in the svart household is probably best. We'de have to leave guards with the nurses if they were out in the city.


Since you clearly haven't kept ahead of the medical supply situation, allow me to clear things up. We figured out how to make algae bandages mid-day 13. (Page 38) *smallsmile*

As for a field hospital, I do not think that will be happening, but I will consider it when the situation approaches. Security-wise I believe it would be better to simply transport the wounded back home rather than placing the nurses out in the open. The distances around Chel are not that great. I do not believe we would be able to transport out wounded while the battle was still ongoing

Rulishia wrote:As for casualties, I wouldn't worry too much about that beyond the possibility of a warrior getting knocked unconscious or something similar. Unless that person's account or character has recently gone belly up permanently, we will not have anyone die.


There is no guarantee that a character will survive simply because the subscription is still active. Had the scouts not been recovered on their jaunt into Chel they might have been killed. Just because a subscription is active does not guarantee the character's survival in a dangerous situation.
That is not dead which may eternal lie, and with aeons even death may die.

Tar'shay Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, on a boat, throwing things on the ground
Elif Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, Colony Administrator, Tei'kaliath Prime Healer and Phantom Summoner
User avatar
Thalar
Melon Berserker
 
Posts: 4718
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:41 pm
Location: Tei'kaliath healing station
Clan: Jaal'darya

Re: Event Archive Day 36

Postby Nasfors on Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:18 pm

Thalar wrote:There is no guarantee that a character will survive simply because the subscription is still active. Had the scouts not been recovered on their jaunt into Chel they might have been killed. Just because a subscription is active does not guarantee the character's survival in a dangerous situation.

Thank you Elif, that is what I wanted to hear!
Nasfors
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1924
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:19 pm
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Event Archive Day 36

Postby Picanet on Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:02 pm

Nasfors wrote:
Thalar wrote:There is no guarantee that a character will survive simply because the subscription is still active. Had the scouts not been recovered on their jaunt into Chel they might have been killed. Just because a subscription is active does not guarantee the character's survival in a dangerous situation.

Thank you Elif, that is what I wanted to hear!

If one character dies, woud the subscriber would be able to take another clan member and create a new character?
- Somebody that you used to know
Picanet
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1126
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 5:57 am
Location: Ther'avare
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Event Archive Day 36

Postby DarkVolt on Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:29 pm

Picanet wrote:If one character dies, woud the subscriber would be able to take another clan member and create a new character?

Of corse, the person still pay's for the account.
It's just like the time the one slaver was not trusted and then turned slave, the text sayed that the person had to create a new character for ptp.

Guess why I made a second character ahead, just in case. =3
Oh that reminds me... *work, work, work*
Image
Fel'lor Tei'kaliath
User avatar
DarkVolt
Summoner
 
Posts: 483
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:00 pm
Location: Berlin, Germany
Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Re: Event Archive Day 36

Postby kirio on Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:20 am

I expect, however, that if a ranked character gets killed the player will lose the rank and it will become open to others players. ^^;
Image
Mana allows us to feel our connection to the world through the elements. Become one with that which thou wouldst change and the magic becomes effortless.
Cloudless Mind
User avatar
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon
 
Posts: 5833
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:11 pm
Location: Setaka, Japan
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Event Archive Day 36

Postby Picanet on Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:10 am

DarkVolt wrote:
Picanet wrote:If one character dies, woud the subscriber would be able to take another clan member and create a new character?

Of corse, the person still pay's for the account.
It's just like the time the one slaver was not trusted and then turned slave, the text sayed that the person had to create a new character for ptp.

Guess why I made a second character ahead, just in case. =3


*notes hazardous occupation*
Hmm... maybe I'll make a back up just in case XD
- Somebody that you used to know
Picanet
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1126
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 5:57 am
Location: Ther'avare
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Event Archive Day 36

Postby Idunyken on Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:11 am

Thalar wrote:
Idunyken wrote:I do hear you about medical supplies, a small stockpile should be put together...could the nurses learn how to make bandages? (if they haven't already). As for a field hospital, Rulishia's idea of having some nurses set up shop in the svart household is probably best. We'de have to leave guards with the nurses if they were out in the city.


Since you clearly haven't kept ahead of the medical supply situation, allow me to clear things up. We figured out how to make algae bandages mid-day 13. (Page 38) *smallsmile*


Aha! I didn't take the time to check sorry :) I assumed it was the crafters or harvesters that made them.

Thalar wrote:As for a field hospital, I do not think that will be happening, but I will consider it when the situation approaches. Security-wise I believe it would be better to simply transport the wounded back home rather than placing the nurses out in the open. The distances around Chel are not that great. I do not believe we would be able to transport out wounded while the battle was still ongoing


Closeness to the wounded is the whole point of the field hospital. Sure the scouts can get from Ther to Chel in a short time (apparently) but it'd be a different story carrying wounded that distance. It'd be time-consuming and risky for anyone in a bad way. I do not think security is a big concern...the svarts would provide some protection and may even provide valuable medical assistance if someone goes critical. If Rhiin say no to having you there then security would be more of an issue I admit...

Thalar wrote:
Rulishia wrote:As for casualties, I wouldn't worry too much about that beyond the possibility of a warrior getting knocked unconscious or something similar. Unless that person's account or character has recently gone belly up permanently, we will not have anyone die.


There is no guarantee that a character will survive simply because the subscription is still active. Had the scouts not been recovered on their jaunt into Chel they might have been killed. Just because a subscription is active does not guarantee the character's survival in a dangerous situation.


:B I'm gonna make sure this section i'm standing on is stead..EEP! *nearly stumbles off the wall*
PtP - Iduken'di the hoodie-wearing brickie!
Image
"Badai lost his arm intentionally, to give the rest of the world half a chance"
Idunyken
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 2234
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:32 am
Location: In a log cabin with beers cooling in the snow outside...livin' the dream!
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Event Archive Day 36

Postby Rulishia on Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:05 pm

Thalar wrote:
Rulishia wrote:As for casualties, I wouldn't worry too much about that beyond the possibility of a warrior getting knocked unconscious or something similar. Unless that person's account or character has recently gone belly up permanently, we will not have anyone die.


There is no guarantee that a character will survive simply because the subscription is still active. Had the scouts not been recovered on their jaunt into Chel they might have been killed. Just because a subscription is active does not guarantee the character's survival in a dangerous situation.


Hmm... Well this wasn't exactly stipulated as yet. SO far the only example of an actual character death was Quel's. So I guess I took that as a precedent. Guess I better make sure I watch my back then eh?
Rulishia (formerly of the House of Mithran)
Image
Squad Cute... wait, no... WYVERN!!! - Dini Nidinas, Nar'kaller, Yasha, Ys'sa (the Originals)
ImageMy little Ceru! ^.^ Image Serene! Image Leon!
Rulishia
Demon
 
Posts: 727
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:45 am
Location: Melbourne, FL
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Event Archive Day 36

Postby FSEffect on Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:14 pm

Haha, Brorn's a lightweight 8P
"People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people"

Clan's designated marksman
Kerr Nigit

Kerr's sister and relic hunter
Kay Nigit
FSEffect
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1716
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:23 am
Location: Somewhere over there >>>
Clan: Tei'kaliath

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest