The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: Event Archive Day 36

Postby Idunyken on Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:39 am

kirio wrote:Update!!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
I love that thought balloon! Ar'lien! Steam punk Queen!! *wee*
That walker rules!

Aff! *wee* Mabye we could take a peek at their wares...
PtP - Iduken'di the hoodie-wearing brickie!
"Badai lost his arm intentionally, to give the rest of the world half a chance"
Idunyken
Vel'akar

Location: In a log cabin with beers cooling in the snow outside...livin' the dream!
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Kir'ima on Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:22 am

kirio wrote:BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
I love that thought balloon! Ar'lien! Steam punk Queen!! *wee*
That walker rules!

It shoots tennis balls... :3
waiting patiently for my next chance at Sayatt
everyone stay clear of my blast radius
Kir'ima
the scout

Postby Meska369 on Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:19 am

OOOOO!!!

I must make my own walker... I had planed on one farther down the line, but that is just too bad ass to pass up...

*twitches*

Battle tech... mmmmmmm

"I would love to lay pipe... but I have no pipe to lay" - Meska369
Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Location: When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain

Postby Pariel on Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:48 pm

Meska369 wrote:OOOOO!!!

I must make my own walker... I had planed on one farther down the line, but that is just too bad ass to pass up...

*twitches*

Battle tech... mmmmmmm

Oh snap!
She's at it again, kirio!

(and if she gets a walker I wanna a mechanical snake robot!)
"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one." - Marcus Aurelius.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Clan: Sharen

Postby DarkVolt on Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:37 pm

Lt Anders wrote:I'm happy my miners are bossing them warriors around. Fel'lor looks just pleased working under my SiC!

Oh, I voluntiered, but dont missunderstand me.
As a warrior I dont really take any orders from "zivilians". It's all the good will to help.
So dont start becoming overconfident. We dont want any "accident" to happen, right? ;)
Just a fair warning. }:3

Alright, back to the "training". :)
Fel'lor Tei'kaliath
DarkVolt
Summoner

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby kirio on Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:25 pm

Pariel wrote:
Meska369 wrote:OOOOO!!!

*twitches*

Battle tech... mmmmmmm

Oh snap!
She's at it again, kirio!

(and if she gets a walker I wanna a mechanical snake robot!)

*lol*
hmm. What do you think, could one of those door golems be modified...? Ves'xilé waggles her eyebrows at Ar'lien.
Mana allows us to feel our connection to the world through the elements. Become one with that which thou wouldst change and the magic becomes effortless.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Miburo on Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:39 pm

New page.
Apparently the fight could be there quite soon. It seems the svartelos plan take on the mercenaries themselves and leave taking out the opposing clan to us.

Lady Anjhali seems to like the wine a lot and Bel is going to kill me *crying*
Miburo
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby FSEffect on Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:13 pm

Seems even the Svarts aren't too certain who the real enemy is *hmmm*
Looks like Scouts will be needing to do some stalking. I reckon one squad of warriors should assist in case the scouts needs a hand like last time, and I do recommend this because mercs will likely just kill the scouts if they're spotted.
"People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people"

Clan's designated marksman
Kerr Nigit

Kerr's sister and relic hunter
Kay Nigit
FSEffect
Vel'akar

Postby Idunyken on Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:50 pm

Eager to offer covering fire FSE? }:3

And yes, our slavemaster is going to suffer the wrath of battlenurse bel! (if she can reach)
PtP - Iduken'di the hoodie-wearing brickie!
"Badai lost his arm intentionally, to give the rest of the world half a chance"
Idunyken
Vel'akar

Location: In a log cabin with beers cooling in the snow outside...livin' the dream!

Postby kirio on Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:20 am

Well, we'll need information to prepare, but I think we should go ahead and accept the deal.

And, we did get some valuable information. The Vloz are hated by everyone and a major clan, i.e. they're very dangerous.
Major clans in Chel we have information about are now three: The Nal'sarkoth (via the slavers, the traders, Svartelos, and our own scouts), The Vloz'ress (via Svartelos), and the Sarghress (via the slavers that joined our clan). We can assume that we also know that the city is ruled by the Sharen since An'jhali has interviewed the former slavers about Chel twice. However, we were given no details about just what An'jhali learned in those two interviews, so it's probably safer to assume that we know essentially nothing about the other clans, yet.
Mana allows us to feel our connection to the world through the elements. Become one with that which thou wouldst change and the magic becomes effortless.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Nagimalice on Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:46 am

Miburo wrote:New page.
Apparently the fight could be there quite soon. It seems the svartelos plan take on the mercenaries themselves and leave taking out the opposing clan to us.*

Looks to be more like we are taking out the Merc's, and the Svartelos will figure out who is opposing clan.

At that point we will have a major choice. Help the Svartelos, in their clan battle, or keep to our selves.
I don't wanna work.. I wanna sit around and bang on the forge all day."
Nagimalice
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Nasfors on Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:34 pm

Does it bother anyone else that we let An'jhali leave the city twice now without ever designating a successor?

Think about this from a strictly ooc perspective for a moment. We know that no one other than Kern will lead- okay that is all well and good. But a group of refugees like ours are not about to forget so quickly what it was like to lose a leader. I would think that half of the group would probably be panic-stricken by the sheer possibility! Suppose she was detained on the way back from Rhinn's place and we had to negotiate her safe return. Who would speak for us? Even answering that question could lead to civil war- and An'jhali would never recover if her actions brought about such a thing. I don't find it in the least bit believable that she would leave us with the possibility of being divided and leaderless should she fall. Yes, I agree that An'jhali IS the game and that we lose if she dies, but that doesn't make any of this more believable. She must provide, and we must demand that someone is picked as the "vice ilhar." (edit: term is de'vess)

It can't be a male, and for that matter it can't be a player. If we call upon our leader to choose a backup, we'll need a new NPC to serve as An'jhali's understudy. Maybe one of the new clans we're attempting to meet with will have a disenfranchised daughter whom An'jhali could invite to our humble home. That would have some awesome side effects, because the Lady is in need of a friend and confidant anyways.
Last edited by Nasfors on Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nasfors
Vel'akar

Postby Rulishia on Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:08 pm

Excellent idea Nasfors. I think we've tried to think along those lines of an heir to the throne before, just never actually get too far with it.
Actually by bringing in another NPC (as you suggested: a disenfranchised or disowned daughter of another minor clan) would probably be the best option.

Anyway, on to the major topic of discussion:
Ilhar Rhinn'elos said that she didn't know who the brigands were working for, just that they appeared whenever it was most "inconvenient."
Just from that we know the warriors are going to have to fight and capture as many of these brigands alive as possible for the Ilhar to interrogate.

I'm in favor of taking them up on their offer of (1) fight for the mine.
However, let's see how much else we can get to bargain with here. Obviously this should be a joint effort between the warriors and scouts. The Svartelos might give us the location of the brigands or they might just set things up so that they would be tempted to appear. Either way the warriors are going to have to fight and capture their fighters.
Here's the catch though, if we do and can fight them off I highly suggest having the scouts shadow them to their hideout and boss if possible. This way we have more information to sell to the Svartelos. Maybe even the identity of their Clan rivals.
Rulishia (formerly of the House of Mithran)
Squad Cute... wait, no... WYVERN!!! - Dini Nidinas, Nar'kaller, Yasha, Ys'sa (the Originals)
ImageMy little Ceru! ^.^ Image Serene! Image Leon!
Rulishia
Demon

Postby Nasfors on Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:37 pm

Excellent idea Rulishia. ;)
Allowing some to 'escape' only to be tailed by our best and sneakiest is about the best case scenario. Unfortunately, the first thing to go in a battle is the plan, so I won't hold my breath for a win let alone the bonus round.

I might be alone in this, but I am expecting casualties on our side. Even the logistics of feeding our unit and having healers with enough supplies so far from home could be a headache. Don't even bring up our weapon situation. The challenge of command is found in the 3 Bs.. beans, blades, and bandages. We're short on two of the three and we haven't even left home yet. Fighting the battle itself is a task that is virtually automatic compared to these logistical concerns.

Even if we do as you suggest and everything works out perfectly, suppose we tail the brigands to the doorstep of the Val'Nalsarkoth? Things can always get worse, so we shouldn't count our apples until Bel hands us the picked-clean cores.
Nasfors
Vel'akar

Postby thatguyvex on Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:58 pm

The logistic point is pretty valid, given not all our warriors are fully equipped with weapons and armor yet. However we don't know what the timetable for this battle we may be accepting to perform for the Svartelos. If it is, and it might not be, against these undesirables that Rhinn'elos mentioned then it could be that we'll be given a leeway of time to actually deal with them. Really if we agree to the battle I think we might be able to set some of the terms on the timing of it. After all Rhinn'elos wants something dealt with, but to do that we might say we need a few days to get our warriors prepped, not to mention let the scouts do some recon on the enemy and find out if we can't set up the battlefield to our liking. There's no rush here. Not yet anyway. I was also thinking that the nurses might be able to set up some sort of forward M.A.S.H-type location just within (or perhaps just outside) Chel for when we do this fight, so injured don't have to be taken all the way back home for treatment.
There is a fine line between awesome and ridiculous. Badai uses that line to floss his teeth.

Kazdrin's Random Link: Bizzare. Amusing. Ruby Quest.
thatguyvex
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre