The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Postby Kail'odian on Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:53 pm

New Event/Clan update.
Kail'odian
Vel'akar

Clan: Sharen

Postby Lady Tenkage on Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:04 am

"Lady An'Jhali is not the Ill'Haress her mother was!"

*sweatdrop* Grrraaauugghhh!!!! Somebody smack that guy, before Ys'sa breaks his neck! How whiney can you be?! It's as if they expected everything to be wonderful and rosey, this second! I know I'm just venting frustrations here, but really! You can't expect to walk out of a tragedy, and come up as well off as were, before! It sounds like these people were the ones who were used being coddled... That, and they're stupid. And there's just no cure for that.

Okay, rant over, now.
Lady Tenkage
Demon

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Sirin'Vara on Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:04 am

Ooh, ooh, can I be the one to hurt him!?!? I mean, seriously. It's only been a couple of days, and we are a CLAN, you idiots! (yes, I know they are just facelesses, but still!) We must work together for just a short amount of time until we have a whole new clan, a clan to be even more proud of! We will work hard and we will toil in this cavern, but we will build ourselves up into a new Drow power! We will cast off the chains of our poverty through work, toil, and loyalty to our great Il'haress! We will succeed, and we will even prepare for war if that is what we must do in our fight for freedom!!!!
Sirin'Vara
Summoner

Postby Madea on Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:10 am

You're venting frustrations, as are they; it is sad that they have come so far only to abandon us there, but this is clearly a "hearts and minds" campaign; breaking people's neck certainly won't convince them otherwise!

So, Quel, our dear scout. I can only see two viable options; plan A, which consists of appealing to their reason ("She's *young*, her mother was centuries old! We must help her grow to be as great! We need your strength!"), or, barring that, plan b: ask the ilharess if we can break their stinking necks.

If Q and the scouts can manage to convince these people to come back, by letting them know that city =/= (does NOT equal) friendly, and that if they go there they might very well be tortured and killed, and everything we went through up to this point results could quite possibly look like a JOKE, maybe he can convince them to come back.

Additionally, Quel could send one of his co-scouts back with the injured to report to the Ilharess. (And they'd best get there. No "oops, I'm sorry Ilharess... they both fell. Down a cliff face. Onto pointy rocks. I couldn't save them! I'm sooooo sorry!" -sad face- heheh >:3)
Madea
Pineapple Warmaster

Location: In EVA above Green Ball, surrounded by Space Kitties!

Postby Sirin'Vara on Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:12 am

I can write up a pretty good speech if you need it for the RP, Quel. Just 'cause I'm in a writing mood.
Sirin'Vara
Summoner

Postby Thorn on Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:55 am

I say we go and convince them that the shineh city isnt such a good idea as it sounds, and send Ros'ij back to the city with them.

What Q and Ys'sa will do though I have no idear.
Thorn
Demon

Postby Q on Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:04 am

it's all right, I was already ahead of you all ( even if i'm not supposed to do so at work XD )

I'll probably smack them, reason them, try to catch up the others, smack them, reason them, and speach the whole clan when I come back.
Q
Demon

Postby kirio on Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:04 am

Ves'xile would NEVER say this (she could never bring herself to critisize anyone of the Il'haress' family), but the first response to that critizism that pops into my mind is,

"Oh, really?! And just who was the one responsibile for allowing our city to collapse into chaos if not Anjhali's mother? Was it she or Anjhali herself that rescued us from that tragedy? Do you honestly believe you could have made it through that trackless wilderness by yourself?"
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Madea on Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:26 am

Q wrote:it's all right, I was already ahead of you all ( even if i'm not supposed to do so at work XD )

I'll probably smack them, reason them, try to catch up the others, smack them, reason them, and speach the whole clan when I come back.

Dearest Sharess, please make sure the order is correct on that one? :3

Reason, THEN smack (in case of extraordinary dumb), then chase, THEN REASON again, THEN SMACK (in case of continued dumb), and THEN come back.

kirio wrote:Ves'xile would NEVER say this (she could never bring herself to critisize anyone of the Il'haress' family), but the first response to that critizism that pops into my mind is,

"Oh, really?! And just who was the one responsibile for allowing our city to collapse into chaos if not Anjhali's mother? Was it she or Anjhali herself that rescued us from that tragedy? Do you honestly believe you could have made it through that trackless wilderness by yourself?"

"Winning an argument only nets you an enemy."

That tack might work in the military, but it sure doesn't work on civvies. Sad to say. ;_; Just makes 'em ornery and challenging.
Madea
Pineapple Warmaster

Location: In EVA above Green Ball, surrounded by Space Kitties!

Postby kirio on Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:42 am

:lol:
True, especially considering that these two were part of a group that has stolen from the clan and clearly don't give a puff turd for what Anjhali has done for them.
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Meska369 on Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:03 am

I do not think that they, the people who left, are actually feeling what they just said.

*smacks them mentally*

No, they are just mentally exhausted. Lost everything they had, survived the trip to the cavern, finally got food in stomaches, see the glow of what they think might be a city, look to the ruins as a home and yet are not being allowed to move into it, just watched as a seemingly useless(to THEM useless that is) tournament of fighting skill, and have no idea what the heck is really going on.

they are tired, scared, uncomfortable, and above all fractious with irritability that is being channeled at our Ill'haress and out Clan.

They can only see a misguided hope that salvation is in that glow. That if they can JUST get to it, everything will be as it was. Loved ones MIGHT have gone there... FOOD!

Not everyone has the forethought of judicious calm and discretion of threats, potential or not.

I don't really blame them.

*smacks em mentally again*

I actually feel pity for their lack of faith in those around them as they so easily forgot how they got here alive and WHO actually made it possible.

There is my take.

-------------------------------

*snarls*

I AM NOT LONG WINDED!

*twitches and mumbles monologs to herself under her breath*
Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Location: When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain

Postby Finish on Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:52 am

Q wrote:I'll probably smack them, reason them, try to catch up the others, smack them, reason them, and speach the whole clan when I come back.

Don't smack them too hard, otherwise you have to drag them all the way back (mhh but perhaps then or healer have something to do :D ).

If the scouts bring them back, our Illharess should judge over the runaways. That's hard, but Anjhali has to show everybody that she is a strong leader.
Hopefully she will be gracious and just let them do some hard work.
But no matter how she will decide, that shows the people that she is the one and only leader and that people who "betray" the clan will be punished.

Really nice that we got our first spear. If we could produce some more we can go and talk with the slave.

The statue shows Sharess right? Could this mean that our people not even know about Sharess? In that case we could make our own religion. ;)
Finish
Merc on vacation

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Thalar on Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:39 pm

It could be a way to depict Sharess that we don't know about, since the founders of Chel actually knew Sharess personally, but we may have had a different situation where we only knew the woman's name and deeds.. Or we don't know of Sharess at all.
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Lady Tenkage on Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:41 pm

Dang... kinda screws with our earlier RP posts, don't it? Of course, it could be someone other than Sharess.
Lady Tenkage
Demon

Postby Thalar on Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:56 pm

Yah, personally I'm in favor of the "we don't know what she looked like, but we've definately heard about her and all that", but really, it's one of the reasons the roleplays here are non-canon, and one reason we try not to define anything about our pasts. Because we honestly have no idea what's right and what's not.

If we don't know of Sharess, it's likely that we had some form of goddess, at least for a while.
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre