The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: Event A. Day 34, Early.

Postby Kiro Kiemi on Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:31 am

Who knew Hetros and Shiir had similar builds! D:!!

An'jhali had better watch out; the way Bel's belting out songs, soon she'll be the next Tei'kaliath Idol!
Renn'lir Joural Tei'kaliath: Miner, Enemy of ceak, continuously on "Odd-duty"
Kiro Kiemi
Summoner

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Merlune on Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:16 pm

With the current situation this is completely out of contexts, however looking at the list we builders have I remember that most groups don't have their own head building in Ther'avare. Lets try to change that

Only two groups have their own building the rest don't officially; builders, forgers, harvesters, miners, overseers scouts, techs, and warriors
Buildings:
A. 4th largest building and right next to our biggest exit, so the harvesters might find this more to there liking
B. anyone
C. I think that is the really cold room that nobody would most likely use
D. I think this is where the second kiln is and in theory where the blacksmiths new shop is going to be
E. 2nd largest building and it is right next to An'Jhali's den so I think the warriors could use it
F. 3rd largest building and it is far way from all the exits, therefor the overseer and slaves could use it
G. 5th largest building and near the tower, the scouts might like this
H. anyone
I. two small building on top of a hill, anyone

Remember these are just ideas, you don't have to take what I said to heart however I do hope that it gets you thinking.
Merlune
Summoner

Postby Lt Anders on Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:41 pm

Rhinnelos= :O ... :B ... *heehee* .... :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V

BTW go with the fight!
Loyalty is not bought, but earned.-Me
Vae Victus-Woe to the vanquished.
Best. Song. Ever.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q267 ... s/Maiq.png
Tei'Kaliath: M'aiq(My-eek), Mine Manager
Lt Anders
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Meckruco on Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:41 pm

im hopeing that its not just the combat for the mine.. i dont like this deal...

granted hired muscle is not that bad... but being known as a thug for the roses is not good eather.

once again if you want an option put up send me a PM i will limit myself to 3. first come first serve.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum" If you desire peace, prepare for war.
House the of Will of Fire
Fourth Tir'ay Champ is Meck the bear killer.
Meckruco
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Jeriah on Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:07 pm

((I think the biggest concern on people's minds with the mercenary proposition will be whether this will turn the TK into a mercenary clan. Although a single battle wouldn't accomplish that, it would be the beginning. Assuming the Clan is able to achieve a decisive victory, those talents may become sought after resources as well as an agitator that will lead into conflict with other parties. The TK wanted to pursue negotiations to avoid conflict, but until we have a solid source of income, it sounds like conflict is the best currency the Clan has available.

If the TK 'rent' the mine, they'll probably go into debt, so the options that are left seem to be fight the Svartelos or fight the Svartelos' foe (or give up the mine, but I don't foresee that happening). Anything else is pretty much just stalling the inevitable.))
- Ank'iseth Samarrikh
Jeriah
Vel'akar

Postby Bel'xullyn on Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:11 pm

Kiro Kiemi wrote:Who knew Hetros and Shiir had similar builds! D:!!

An'jhali had better watch out; the way Bel's belting out songs, soon she'll be the next Tei'kaliath Idol!

hahaha *blush*
i'd be delighted :P
it's been 2 songs i made public up to now XD
next single to be out in ..
"insert day here"
Bel'xullyn
Vel'akar

Postby Frost Indri on Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:33 pm

I agree with Jeriah on this. Its not perfect but we aren't going into debt to a clan known for gutting the people they hold debt over. That and we need to make sure that its a price both our surveyor and theirs agrees on, they don't just set the price on their own.
Ka'hab, the potter.
Frost Indri
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Idunyken on Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:34 pm

Oooof, this is a tricky one...tho i'm sure a good few saw it coming... :B

I'm personally against fighting for these guys. I don't like em...we've been told they are dodgy making them poor candidates for allies. If we do this and the target turns out to be someone we REALLY didn't want to tick off...with us being from outside Chel and 'ignorant' of the big players I could just see the svarts throwing some hot potatoes at us, perhaps even offering a way out afterwards (payment plan attached *doh* ).

Immediate thoughts on options:

- Do it and hope for the best
- Refuse, prepare to fight Svart mercs and hope for the best
- RAWR! }:3 Kill the leader and take over the dojo! I like dojos...ok, ok mabye not :\
- Agree...then see if the other side is able to make a better offer for us to go beat down the Svarts :P ...and hope for the best
PtP - Iduken'di the hoodie-wearing brickie!
"Badai lost his arm intentionally, to give the rest of the world half a chance"
Idunyken
Vel'akar

Location: In a log cabin with beers cooling in the snow outside...livin' the dream!

Postby PenDragon on Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:45 pm

What caught my attention is Rhinn'elos' comment on our prowess for war. I'm glad that we have a strong military, but I don't know whether to take Rhinney's comment as proof that we made a great first impression, or as a hint that we really are starting to become a Warrior-based clan. *hmmm* The comparison to the "wolves" (who I can only guess mean the Sarghress) doesn't help things, either. I think that's proof that we really need to find different solutions in the future.

As much as I hate the idea of solving our dilemma with violence yet again, I see little choice but to do as Rhinney asks. It's either money or skills with these folk, and since we're poor we'll have to hire ourselves out unless someone can come up with a different solution.
If something seems too good to be true, you're supposed to shoot it just in case.
- Fiona Glenanne, "Burn Notice"

FYI: No, I have not made 16 million forum posts; that number is the result of a glitch. Don't ask.
PenDragon
Shard of the Old God

Postby Bamawing on Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:48 pm

I'm full of ideas tonight... (at least I'm full of something...)

How's this. We agree to fight ONE battle for the Svarts, but with plenty of warning about who we're fighting, when and why. If we like the idea of fighting the people, fine. We go kick butt and not look back (or try this again, unless we really want to be a warrior clan. I really don't). If we don't like it...

There is a chance that they'll tell us to rough up some poor clan that fell behind on their payments. If that happens, the warning will come in handy. We can approach the victim clan secretly, and offer to basically throw the battle... we pretend to hurt them, they pretend to cry... spray tiktiki blood all over the place and call it a day. Our "debt" is paid, we've done nothing wrong, and we have an ally that isn't grift-happy scum.

I agree with the idea that right now, military force is all we really have to offer. When the merchants come back, we can probably also begin to make a name for ourselves in the craftsman department. I think a lot of us would really prefer that... but right now, it isn't going to happen. :( It will happen, but we'll have to wait.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby Frost Indri on Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:51 pm

If we want to become something other than a military clan, we need to focus more on non military solutions and production.

More debate practice for Anji!

And more hands on experience when she gets back.
Ka'hab, the potter.
Frost Indri
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Jeriah on Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:57 pm

((I would be careful of taking Rhinn'elos' words about the TK at face value though. Perhaps due to my misanthropic nature, I get immediately suspicious of any and all kind words. Her clan has survived/thrived without having a military of her own. We know the rumors of their 'shady' reputation. A silver tongue complimenting every facet she is able to falls in line with what one should expect of such a Clan. Is it truly a coincidence that she complimented the TK's military and soon after offers to hire their services when she is fully aware that the Clan can't pay in cash?))
- Ank'iseth Samarrikh
Jeriah
Vel'akar

Postby Madea on Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:12 pm

-facepalms-

Seriously, guys, this is getting a bit frustrating. What, exactly, makes people think that we are in danger of becoming a military clan? We HAVE a military, but we have been EXTREMELY frugal in exercising it's abilities. We've been in all of two battles, both of which were engaged after negotiation attempts.

In *every* situation, we have attempted the path of diplomacy, first. Yes, we are ruthless when we *do* fight, but we've kept a tight leash on solving things violently. Please, please, *please* stop acting like we're in danger of becoming a warmonger clan just because we have a military, and we have need to use it in a money-acquiring venture.

Just because we have the warriors out there with An'jhali and because we had them at the mine does *not* mean that we are resolving things with military action. We've been using the warriors as a deterrent to encourage more open discussion, but we we choose diplomacy first.

Oh, and while I'm on the topic, rest assure that the Svartelos didn't prosper without military action, they just never invested in having that be a part of their clan, instead choosing the extremely risky path of depending on warriors who's loyalty is to the almighty ada.

You can guarantee they've used violence or the threat of violence to survive, and this is no different.
Madea
Pineapple Warmaster

Location: In EVA above Green Ball, surrounded by Space Kitties!
Clan: Sharen

Postby PenDragon on Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:28 pm

For the record, there's no need to defend yourself because I'm not accusing you of anything. I'm merely commenting on the opinion Rhinn'elos has of our clan, which is one that An'jhali had a similar view of as well.

I know that we've always resorted to negotiations in the past, Madea, but with the exception of the merchants all of our attempts failed. In the past I was always generous and willing to give ourselves points for trying, but not anymore. We're a clan who's entering the field of Chel politics and the only thing that matters now are results, not effort. And I'm sorry to say we haven't had good results with our negotiations in the past. Perhaps it's time we changed that?

We've gotten alot farther than I thought we would with the Svarts, so maybe there's hope for us yet. Likely as not we'll have to flex both our diplomatic and war muscles at the same time to solve this problem. I don't see many alternatives.
If something seems too good to be true, you're supposed to shoot it just in case.
- Fiona Glenanne, "Burn Notice"

FYI: No, I have not made 16 million forum posts; that number is the result of a glitch. Don't ask.
PenDragon
Shard of the Old God

Postby FSEffect on Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:40 pm

I suggest we pimp Madea for a week. Boytoy for the Svert Ilhar XD.

Anyway, I don't like the idea of going to fight someone blind, but bossman's already covered the information side. Maybe we could ask for one of their squads as an assist, that way we don't need to send as many (if we choose to send anyone).
More than likely this will be urban combat, therefore we'll need to train in CQB and room clearance. Some sort of medieval versions of flashbangs might be in order too 8P.

I still don't like the idea of being someone else's pawn, but if this is a one off, and we're dealing with an easy target, I have no problems.
"People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people"

Clan's designated marksman
Kerr Nigit

Kerr's sister and relic hunter
Kay Nigit
FSEffect
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre