The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: LA Day 31 Mid-Day: $900 Ada to buy ownership of mine

Postby Hetros on Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:06 am

Pariel wrote:Yup.

Okay, step aside,Kir'ima, let's end this.

<Uses earth sorcery and traps the others in the mud>

We have spammed this quite a bit.

"CHEATER!" <struggles to get legs loose>

but anyway, if it's fun, I don't really see any problem as long as it isn't getting in the way of any important discussions. Do we have anything important left to discuss?
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Bamawing on Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:50 am

Hetros wrote:
Pariel wrote:Yup.

Okay, step aside,Kir'ima, let's end this.

<Uses earth sorcery and traps the others in the mud>

We have spammed this quite a bit.

"CHEATER!" <struggles to get legs loose>

but anyway, if it's fun, I don't really see any problem as long as it isn't getting in the way of any important discussions. Do we have anything important left to discuss?

Yes! I've got 5 ada on someone who is presently trapped in the mud! *tries to use water sorcery on the mud and fails*

((Eh, fun is really what this is all about. It's actually kinda refreshing to see a mud battle instead of people repeating their same arguments over and over. Besides, is there any time left to vote, let alone discuss, this late in the week?))
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby Jeriah on Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:31 pm

((Some people express themselves through debate. Others through inanity. To each their own. Best to let them get it out of their system. Can't reasonably berate either although the inanity is less related to the topic's thread.))
- Ank'iseth Samarrikh
Jeriah
Vel'akar

Postby Lt Anders on Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:15 pm

Aye, but inanity isn't nearly as learned as debates.(in fact, debates are to help you get wiser!) Inanity, is good for fun without heavy thinking.

Here, though, inanity is probably better since most of us are fairly wise in the way of PtP and drow. So, debate here is more of a medieval siege
Loyalty is not bought, but earned.-Me
Vae Victus-Woe to the vanquished.
Best. Song. Ever.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q267 ... s/Maiq.png
Tei'Kaliath: M'aiq(My-eek), Mine Manager
Lt Anders
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Siv'Wilroz on Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:20 pm

Kir'ima wrote:
Siv'Wilroz wrote:*dropkick Hetros when he land on him*

*get back at Kir and closthesline him right in the face*

*Cripler Crossface Brorn on the ground*

Awwww... poor Siv must have been knocked out when he collided with Hetros.
Look at him dreaming in the mud there. Isn't he cute? :3

/edit
<quickly hops out of the mud so that Brorn can do his stuff>
<high-fives Brorn> v(^_^)/

Oh.. I'm sorry Kir if I was overpowering all of you this much but its the most pathetic excuse I saw in a loooooooong time XD

*Headlock Kir and Bulldog him face in the mud*
Siv'Wilroz
Demon

Postby Jeriah on Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:17 pm

((So looks like our visitors made the first move. And Brorn will be 'retiring' from the ranked (although will hopefully will remain in PtP) so there might be another election after this event. The fun never ends, heh.))
- Ank'iseth Samarrikh
Jeriah
Vel'akar

Postby Pariel on Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:20 pm

Jeriah wrote:((So looks like our visitors made the first move. And Brorn will be 'retiring' from the ranked (although will hopefully will remain in PtP) so there might be another election after this event. The fun never ends, heh.))

Easy, Jeriah. I still have two weeks of subscription to deal with that.
"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one." - Marcus Aurelius.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Clan: Sharen

Postby FSEffect on Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:45 pm

Sounds like these guys are just penny pinching bastards. So we can probably assume that they're relatively well off, and this might be another scam. If that's the case, we might be able to get away with refusing outright, hopefully they won't risk losing money in a conflict.
I think we should stall any agreements, and get our warriors up to scratch in terms of equipment.
"People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people"

Clan's designated marksman
Kerr Nigit

Kerr's sister and relic hunter
Kay Nigit
FSEffect
Vel'akar

Postby Lt Anders on Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:22 pm

I say we just kill em! Off with there heads!

Also, we only have 10 warriors guarding there?
Best. Song. Ever.
Lt Anders
Vel'akar

Postby PenDragon on Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:53 pm

I wish I could say I was surprised by the actions of the Svartelos, but I'm not. It seems that an alliance is out of the question since one shouldn't sleep in the same bed with a snake, so I guess that leaves us to decide how we can play these fools like a chess game.

Again, blood isn't going to help us. They are a CLAN, remember? I've no doubt that they can match us in military strength, and they're also richer than us if they can afford mercenaries.

I'm sure an agreement can be reached between us, but at this point I doubt that the Svarts are going to be cooperative anymore, especially after that stupid signal-move they pulled.
If something seems too good to be true, you're supposed to shoot it just in case.
- Fiona Glenanne, "Burn Notice"

FYI: No, I have not made 16 million forum posts; that number is the result of a glitch. Don't ask.
PenDragon
Shard of the Old God

Postby Finish on Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:49 pm

Don't forget one thing: They didn't know that we spotted the second group, so there was no reason for them to pull back there friends just because there plan failed.
We still don't know there intention. Sending an armed group toward Ther'Avare could be a hostile act, but we should listen to there explanations.

However, I don't trust them as far as I can spit.
Finish
Merc on vacation

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Re: Event Archive, Day 31 Late

Postby Lt Anders on Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:31 am

obviously, I we chose something, interesting for our LA. I'm almost inclined to believe my action won(as it specifically stated, all action, no words and they were very uninterested in provocation.)

I highly disbelieve that, though. Also, they aren't warriors. Which means, they are like banks! They get money, have a modicum of guys for defense, but can't push there influence militarily. We don't want to owe them anything, especially after (was that jokerface?) said that they used whatever they could to get money and debts paid.
Best. Song. Ever.
Lt Anders
Vel'akar

Postby PenDragon on Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:37 am

Even if they had as few as 25 Warriors within their clan, that means they come alarmingly close to matching our military power. But the ability to hire mercenaries means that they can exceed our power in direct proportion to how much they're willing to spend. We simply can't compete in that regard.

Having learned more about them and how stupid they can be, I'm less inclined to say we should befriend them. But that doesn't mean we can't use them in some way, especially if they have loads of money.
If something seems too good to be true, you're supposed to shoot it just in case.
- Fiona Glenanne, "Burn Notice"

FYI: No, I have not made 16 million forum posts; that number is the result of a glitch. Don't ask.
PenDragon
Shard of the Old God

Postby FSEffect on Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:01 am

We can assume they have more warriors than us, since they're more established. It's a question of what they can gain, from wasting money and resources on us. Ultimately if their goal is money, they're not likely to attack us; we're relatively poor, and we bite back, hence why they're "negotiating". However we may become a threat as we grow if we choose the violance route, and so they're more likely to spend money on us, to neutralise the threat.

Again stall them, so we can establish defensive positions, and arm the rest of the warriors. Once we can secure our position,they'll think twice before attempting something stupid
"People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people"

Clan's designated marksman
Kerr Nigit

Kerr's sister and relic hunter
Kay Nigit
FSEffect
Vel'akar

Postby Tohya on Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:14 am

The new pool, appears to be fairly large. Mmmm, smoked fish. :3 Not so sure about the smoked Kirisu though. :@

Svartelos don't seem very trustworthy. If there is someone willing to play the ex-miner, perhaps they should raise the question with Anjhali through the LA.

Golem is faster than I thought. XD And instead of either the Architect or Miner, it looks like we need both to fix the plumbing.

Which is worse? Drow eating fungus or Kirisu meat.

I think the blacksmith needs to switch to decaf. o_O

An oven. :) *looks around for something to bake in it*

Suspicious *ooo*

Very suspicious. *hmmm*

Defiantly not the trustworthy type. *evileye*
Tohya
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre