The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: Event Archive - Day 29

Postby Writer on Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:17 pm

Well, more badai awesomeness. More training. Someone gets slapped for snarky comments. And more names! Odd that the name suggestions for the old town should be included, but atch well, them's the breaks I guess.

Well, voting is on. Let's make it good, folks.

...And don't be a fool, Robert. Put down that bunny suit! I'm warning you!
Due'gar Tolmen Tei'Kaliath - A busy builder.

A day at work. - "I wish...Um. Nevermind."

Thoughts are like arrows: once released, they strike their mark. Guard them well or one day you may be your own victim. - Navajo proverb.
Writer
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Leader Archive - Day 29: Badai Fanclub & Naming the Ruins

Postby FSEffect on Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:02 am

Not really stretching if your knees are bent ^^;
"People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people"

Clan's designated marksman
Kerr Nigit

Kerr's sister and relic hunter
Kay Nigit
FSEffect
Vel'akar

Postby Hfar on Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:39 am

It would seem that An'jhali is a bit perturbed by the Badai fan club. ^^;
Hfar
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Jeriah on Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:23 am

((She wouldn't be alone. The guy was a prick and everyone's cheering him, heh.))
- Ank'iseth Samarrikh
Jeriah
Vel'akar

Postby kirio on Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:48 am

One thing about this is that there were 66 votes in the LA this time. That's the most we've seen in a while.
Mana allows us to feel our connection to the world through the elements. Become one with that which thou wouldst change and the magic becomes effortless.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby PenDragon on Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:59 am

Yay. Another round of physical training. I can see that suggesting she train in art and music only once isn't enough. :U

Since this week is about choosing a name for our home I don't want to push the issue of An'jhali's non-physical training for now, but I do hope there are those that would still support me if I brought it up next week. :w I'll go ask if Frost Indri is willing to open up another pottery class for that time.

(And on another note; fans of Badai shouldn't be surprised of An'jhali's reactions to them. No one knows anything about him, and An'jhali isn't being very flattering when describing him. For all we know the guy is the biggest jackass in the history of the underworld, but apparently the fact that he has abs and an Ivy Valentine-like set of swordchucks is enough to create a fanclub out of. ^^;

Glad I'm not a member. 8P)
If something seems too good to be true, you're supposed to shoot it just in case.
- Fiona Glenanne, "Burn Notice"

FYI: No, I have not made 16 million forum posts; that number is the result of a glitch. Don't ask.
PenDragon
Shard of the Old God

Postby kirio on Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:28 am

Her description of Badai does make it easier to sound her out on whether there are any among the Tei'kaliath that have caught her eye besides Shiir (a subject likely of great interest to Elif and Ilrae). }:3
Mana allows us to feel our connection to the world through the elements. Become one with that which thou wouldst change and the magic becomes effortless.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby PenDragon on Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:39 am

kirio wrote:Her description of Badai does make it easier to sound her out on whether there are any among the Tei'kaliath that have caught her eye besides Shiir (a subject likely of great interest to Elif and Ilrae). }:3

*SIGH* ...Yay; what was once old is new again. You seem awfully desperate to know who she has eyes for, kirio. ^^;

Whatever... Here's a stick. The dead horse is over there.
If something seems too good to be true, you're supposed to shoot it just in case.

FYI: No, I have not made 16 million forum posts; that number is the result of a glitch. Don't ask.
PenDragon
Shard of the Old God

Postby Meska369 on Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:11 am

*laughs*

I'm not sure Ves was looking at her that way

*smirks and looks at her mate in the RP threads, Ves'xile, and her other one, Hetros.*

Still, if we do add another mate, I have no objections... Anji IS rather cute...

"I would love to lay pipe... but I have no pipe to lay" - Meska369
Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Location: When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain

Postby kirio on Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:19 am

*lol* Naw, Ves isn't interested in a relationship with the Ill'haress. She just wants to see her in a relationship.
Lonely, brooding Ill'haress = bad news for clan
Plus she's nosy. :P
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Meska369 on Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:28 am

*feels somewhat relieved* ^^;

Wheew. I was beginning to sweat what kinds of pressures we might undergo if Anji wanted Het as a mate. He would be free to of course... But... Wheew!

"I would love to lay pipe... but I have no pipe to lay" - Meska369
Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Location: When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain

Postby Madea on Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:00 am

Hey, if Badai was a famous Tir'ay fighter, you can see why several warriors are part of the fan club... and the others like the beefcake. I consider the fanclub a retcon, basically, since we - the players - didn't know about him prior and I'm fairly certain the combat minded would be up and up on the great fighters of the city.

Considering we're not in it for his personality, who cares? His personality is pretty much irrelevant, anyways, seeing as he's dead. :P

He has a cool design and is a tie to the past; we're enthusiastic. Huzzah. Reza took something that was meant to be minor and enthusiastically ran with it, and then we took his running and galloped it to the mountaintop, and the page pokes fun at those of us who did. I don't mind; Kern's been poking fun at me for it all week. Doesn't curb my enthusiasm any.

An'jhali's been ambivalent, but hardly hateful or hurtful, so the only thing that you can glean from that is just what she said; it wasn't a big thing and she was unaware of how he felt about her. Decrying that Badai was a jerk is just as erroneous as romantically calling him a paragon of virtue and love. As much as I love our dear Ill'haress, by all accounts she was a pretty lazy girl so a lukewarm romance is hardly suspect. Or maybe she's just not dealing with the grief properly, too busy is she playing the strong leader for us.

It's cool that she was associated with him, but Badai is much more than that now. His legend grows with the retelling. ^^

Welcome back to the Stage of History.

Pendragon wrote:Yay. Another round of physical training. I can see that suggesting she train in art and music only once isn't enough.

Since this week is about choosing a name for our home I don't want to push the issue of An'jhali's non-physical training for now, but I do hope there are those that would still support me if I brought it up next week. I'll go ask if Frost Indri is willing to open up another pottery class for that time.

You'll need to be specific in what you want her to do, I think. I'm trying to get confirmation on whether or not Kern will allow/track a couple of things that she does every day behind-the-scenes, but I haven't yet. I have no problem with having a daily workout glossed over, nor her daily artistic practice of choice; just so long as she's learning, I'm happy.

That being said, I don't mind holding off a couple of weeks to avoid detracting from the search for her fine art passion (I fancy a book of poetry written by our Ill'haress would be quite amusing to earn income from if published in chel. XD) And provided something more pressing doesn't come up, I'll likely support you in the endeavor, too. :3
Madea
Pineapple Warmaster

Location: In EVA above Green Ball, surrounded by Space Kitties!
Clan: Sharen

Postby PenDragon on Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:15 am

Heh... don't take my knocking of Badai so seriously. XD For what it's worth, Reza's design was brilliant but that doesn't mean Badai is still more than a minor insignificant detail to An'jhali's past despite the fact that he has a fanclub.

And stage of history? We still don't know much about him, and An'jhali seems as though she could care less. ^^; The fact that there's a fanclub for Badai when we know so little about him actually says more about his fans than about him.

Those who are fans of Badai shouldn't take my words seriously, but I'm still glad I'm not a member. It just takes me much more than a single picture to call myself a fan of anyone. XD

EDIT:
Madea wrote:You'll need to be specific in what you want her to do, I think. I'm trying to get confirmation on whether or not Kern will allow/track a couple of things that she does every day behind-the-scenes, but I haven't yet. I have no problem with having a daily workout glossed over, nor her daily artistic practice of choice; just so long as she's learning, I'm happy.

That being said, I don't mind holding off a couple of weeks to avoid detracting from the search for her fine art passion (I fancy a book of poetry written by our Ill'haress would be quite amusing to earn income from if published in chel. XD) And provided something more pressing doesn't come up, I'll likely support you in the endeavor, too. :3

Frost Indri and I are hammering out those issue now. ;) As an Overseer it's not my ability to train her in fine arts, so I have to coordinate my actions with someone who can.

As it stands right now, pottery is out the window. We're considered either embroidery or weaving, and also giving her a flute as a gift to practice music with.
Last edited by PenDragon on Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

PenDragon
Shard of the Old God

Postby Writer on Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:16 am

PenDragon wrote:Those who are fans of Badai shouldn't take my words seriously, but I'm still glad I'm not a member. It just takes me much more than a single picture to call myself a fan of anyone. XD

*cough*Khanzalika*cough*
Due'gar Tolmen Tei'Kaliath - A busy builder.

A day at work. - "I wish...Um. Nevermind."

Thoughts are like arrows: once released, they strike their mark. Guard them well or one day you may be your own victim. - Navajo proverb.
Writer
Vel'akar

Postby PenDragon on Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:25 am

Writer wrote:
PenDragon wrote:Those who are fans of Badai shouldn't take my words seriously, but I'm still glad I'm not a member. It just takes me much more than a single picture to call myself a fan of anyone. XD

*cough*Khanzalika*cough*

That's a nasty cough you have there. *evileye* But by picture, I presume you mean this one? http://pendragonrei.deviantart.com/art/ ... e-99098980 }:3

For the record, I was both a fan and employee of our Beloved Dominatrix long before I drew that picture. But after I drew it, I'm sure her fanbase has grown significantly. XD

PenDragon
Shard of the Old God

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre