The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: Leader Archive - Day 27: Gravity too strong

Postby Tohya on Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:53 pm

Faceless food gathers! :3

Go, go... gravity?

It really is a fish burger. And people are still living in tents.

Time to test out the new instruments and see if we can't get An'jhali to sing.

Next step, underwater basket weaving. XD
Tohya
Vel'akar

Postby Meckruco on Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:58 pm

Tohya wrote:Next step, underwater basket weaving. XD

i loled at this in my room....
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum" If you desire peace, prepare for war.
House the of Will of Fire
Fourth Tir'ay Champ is Meck the bear killer.
Meckruco
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Picanet on Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:11 am

I sound like a drill sergeant XD Go An'jhali go! Lay some smack down on that gravity!
I'd like to see if we can't get her to sing as well - compose a clan anthem or something ^^ Maybe she would be so inclined to do so for us?
- Somebody that you used to know
Picanet
Vel'akar

Postby Merlune on Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:31 am

A clan Cleaner:
Ill'haress, now that we are repairing the ruins and making them suit our taste, now would be a good time for us to have a cleaner. The builders see to that the building are made, while the cleaner can see to that the places shine; mostly they are in charge of maintenance and upkeep. But not just for the buildings, in time they will be in charge of the bath house and the laundry mat.
On another point, by living we make waste but this stuff is not useless, for example manure, ours and animals, can be used as a fertilizers or as worm food, or bones can be used for all kind of things by the crafter. I know some people will point out that this group will not produces anything, but somethings in life are don't produces thing but do produce image. And if the statement is that we don't even have soap to start with, we can get lye from urine or burning the bones might make it.
So there that is my bid for having a cleaner for the clan. ^^

Bye the way the one who put up naming the ruins option thank you. :)
Merlune
Summoner

Postby Jeriah on Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:14 am

((If by lye from urine, you mean chamber lye, that cannot be made into soap. Urine can be used as a detergent to remove stains or use as pre-wash soak. It can also remove oils from fabrics, but the closest application it has to making soap would be converting and distilling the urea ((NH2)2CO) in urine into ammonia (NH3) to catalyze salt (Sodium Chloride) and lime (Calcium Hydroxide) into lye (Sodium Hydroxide). If we want to obtain a burnable substance to make lye, the best renewable source would be algae. For example, the Spanish were known for using seaweed ash in their soaps, I believe. But enough chemistry lessons...

Clan Janitor... Should be interesting.))
- Ank'iseth Samarrikh
Jeriah
Vel'akar

Postby Meckruco on Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:34 am

that is what slaves are for...
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum" If you desire peace, prepare for war.
House the of Will of Fire
Fourth Tir'ay Champ is Meck the bear killer.
Meckruco
Vel'akar

Postby PenDragon on Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:39 am

I laughed at when Ka'hab pushed me into talking to the Ill'haress, and how I inserted myself into the conversation like any eavesdropper would. XD

Smooth. Real smooth. :P (And I guess I'm back to square-one, where everyone misspelled my name... *upset* )

As for that cleaning title, give it a rest. Like Meck said, that's what the slaves are for. Assigning a groundskeeper for the ruins (assuming anyone wanted the job) is a waste of a rank, and the same end can be achieved through other means.
If something seems too good to be true, you're supposed to shoot it just in case.
- Fiona Glenanne, "Burn Notice"

FYI: No, I have not made 16 million forum posts; that number is the result of a glitch. Don't ask.
PenDragon
Shard of the Old God

Postby Frost Indri on Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:52 am

If we want to collect burnable materials (I do! Kiiiiiilllllnnnn) we can have the slaves take a turn to do so. :} Which actually wouldn't be out of place soon... if we're going to have to get the kiln up to temperature.
Ka'hab, the potter.
Frost Indri
Dragon of the Nether

Postby FSEffect on Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:20 am

So, I was the one who suggested an overwatch position on the northern ridge. Basically it will act as an outlook to keep an eye on that road to Chel' el' Soulouth, and those 2 current threats marked in red in ZoI map. I'm thinking that once we get ranged weapons/ mana users, we could use it to provide fire on any potential enemy that would attack us. Pretty ideal considering the high ground. The position to start with could be a simple tent (or if you're feeling cruel for the guards, nothing and just get us to dig a trench), we could then upgrade later on into a proper static defense position, e.g. catapult/ trebuchet/ ballista/ tesla coil/ionmanacannondeathrayofmassivedamage.

Soooo thoughts? Yay? Nay? Already suggested?

Frost Indri wrote:If we want to collect burnable materials (I do! Kiiiiiilllllnnnn) we can have the slaves take a turn to do so. :} Which actually wouldn't be out of place soon... if we're going to have to get the kiln up to temperature.

For a second I thought you were suggesting we burned the slaves as fuel :D
"People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people"

Clan's designated marksman
Kerr Nigit

Kerr's sister and relic hunter
Kay Nigit
FSEffect
Vel'akar

Postby Jeriah on Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:32 am

((I believe Kir'ima, the leader of the scouts, already has a 'hideout' for his scouts to keep an eye out on things. If you mean you want an actual tower/pillbox, that would be Ros'ij's territory. Siege weaponry would be Ar'lein's. The suggestion isn't necessarily bad, but the ranked members might not appreciate you immediately 'going over their heads'. Now, if you presented your idea to each rank and they shot it down, then you could go to An'jhali with said LA suggestion and be able to garner more support that way. Right now, most will look at the suggestion and brush it off as an attempt to slight the ranked even though that probably wasn't your intent.))
- Ank'iseth Samarrikh
Jeriah
Vel'akar

Postby FSEffect on Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:41 am

Jeriah wrote:((I believe Kir'ima, the leader of the scouts, already has a 'hideout' for his scouts to keep an eye out on things. If you mean you want an actual tower/pillbox, that would be Ros'ij's territory. Siege weaponry would be Ar'lein's. The suggestion isn't necessarily bad, but the ranked members might not appreciate you immediately 'going over their heads'. Now, if you presented your idea to each rank and they shot it down, then you could go to An'jhali with said LA suggestion and be able to garner more support that way. Right now, most will look at the suggestion and brush it off as an attempt to slight the ranked even though that probably wasn't your intent.))

Fair do's. I'll go sit in the corner and wait to get shouted at now 8P
"People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people"

Clan's designated marksman
Kerr Nigit

Kerr's sister and relic hunter
Kay Nigit
FSEffect
Vel'akar

Postby Madea on Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:28 am

:E
Madea
Pineapple Warmaster

Location: In EVA above Green Ball, surrounded by Space Kitties!
Clan: Sharen

Postby Writer on Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:50 pm

Madea wrote::E

Look at the self-control! This man is made of steel! STEEL I tell you! :V
Due'gar Tolmen Tei'Kaliath - A busy builder.

A day at work. - "I wish...Um. Nevermind."

Thoughts are like arrows: once released, they strike their mark. Guard them well or one day you may be your own victim. - Navajo proverb.
Writer
Vel'akar

Postby Picanet on Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:16 pm

Writer wrote:
Madea wrote::E

Look at the self-control! This man is made of steel! STEEL I tell you! :V

XD I laugh.
- Somebody that you used to know
Picanet
Vel'akar