The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: Leader Archive - Day 23: Every action counts

Postby Frost Indri on Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:15 am

AuroraDragonKaya wrote:On a far more relevant note, I'm weary seeing the faern option again. It's not even that I disagree with the idea, it's that it's been ignored... ...what, three times now? For? Sometimes more pointedly then others...
I think it's more of a 'no.'

Not exactly, and two times. First time was a really wierd... "we don't know exactly what we want but it seems that we want to give the ilharess a teacher sorta' maybe" Faern option. ... it was doomed to fail. ... Thank God.

Second time it came at a very inopportune time, and it was said that none of the ranked members have said anything about the need. Furthermore, there was the feeling that the use of "mana" was to get around some really difficult things. And then it just didn't have enough support.

This time we have a very clear idea of what we want it to be, and there's been an organized effort to get the votes to get it passed. If it doesn't happen now, I'm fairly certain we will all admit defeat.

I also realized, however, upon looking at the vote options, that while none of them really appealed to me at all, I, personally, had no idea where I wanted the clan to go next, and was unable to offer anything constructive.

So, anyone have any thoughts on any goals, in their own minds, the clan should achieve?
(Hopefully avoiding too much that might overstep into the realms of any of the ranks.)

We need to get production for trading going. That's about all I got right now. :/ THat and learn more about the area, the history, and the politics. So we don't get royally screwed.
Ka'hab, the potter.
Frost Indri
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby horusre on Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:56 am

If it doesn't happen now, I'm fairly certain we will all admit defeat.

((Ah shall NEVAH surrenda! With God as mah witness Ah shall lead 'dis here army all the way ta Washington and storm the verah gates of hell itself if need be. Remembah Antitam!

heh heh

All kidding aside, if this option doesn't go through (this time) then I will graciously put the baby to bed at last. I've given it my best shot, and I know when the walls of Jericho cannot be felled, even with divine intervention. I will still hold a candle burning for the concept, but I won't make any more noise on the subject. Time to let someone else champion a lost cause... if this fails. ;) ))
Bellum omnium contra omnes. Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse. Inter arma enim silent leges. Sic semper tyrannis. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Nuff said?
horusre
Summoner

Clan: Sharen

Postby Meska369 on Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:14 pm

Oh gods, Ar'lein and Ves taking a nap is too cute. I guess they are tired... I hope our Smith is taking breaks periodically. :D

"I would love to lay pipe... but I have no pipe to lay" - Meska369
Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Location: When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain

Postby Hfar on Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:21 pm

Hahaha! Niar looks . . . speachless! :]

And our dear Bel's song made it to the EA! *sniff* I'm so proud! *smallsmile*
We shall settle this in the ancient way. WITH A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME!
Hfar
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Thalar on Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:35 pm

Hfar wrote:Hahaha! Niar looks . . . speachless! :]

And our dear Bel's song made it to the EA! *sniff* I'm so proud! *smallsmile*

Indeed, Bandage Man looks a little frazzled. :D
That is not dead which may eternal lie, and with aeons even death may die.

Tar'shay Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, on a boat, throwing things on the ground
Elif Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, Colony Administrator, Tei'kaliath Prime Healer and Phantom Summoner
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Bel'xullyn on Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:42 pm

Can't believe my song made it to the final .. i mean, in the comic itself XD
I'd like to thanks my manager...i mean, Elif for helping me go that far :@

*heehee* *heehee* *heehee*

That was quite a surprise :3
hope you enjoyed la dance Niars }:3
even Kir'ima was'nt granted this .....yet :P
Bel'xullyn
Vel'akar

Postby Tohya on Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:19 pm

The scouts aren't being very sneaky if people are walking up to them to ask questions. :p

So, which one of the ranked members wants to go stand by the cavern entrance to meet the neighbors and answer questions?

The new map of the ruins is somewhat different from what has been seen before, still its nice to have. That water room needs to be quite a ways under ground though, at least 50', with the tomb, a possible tunnel, and large building or retaining wall that reaches the base of the cliff near it.
Tohya
Vel'akar

Postby Kir'ima on Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:09 pm

Congratulations, Bandage Man! (and Bel!) :3

Hm, scout lookout as information desk... can't help it if Kern words it like that...
If these new people are related to the people who appeared at the cavern entrance but left before we could contact them (Day 20), then it took 4 days or slightly less for them to report back, decide what to do, and then send a group to ask questions. So perhaps a day and a half travel away from the cavern entrance. In another 3-4 days we may have visitors en masse/force.
waiting patiently for my next chance at Sayatt
everyone stay clear of my blast radius
Kir'ima
the scout

Postby Jeriah on Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:33 pm

((Should be unlikely that it's the same group. That would mean they came once, saw us, left for 4 days, came back, just to ask a question they didn't wait to get an answer to and left again. The second visit wouldn't be any more productive than the first if they are related. So they're either a different group, or not too bright. Heh.))
- Ank'iseth Samarrikh
Jeriah
Vel'akar

Postby Writer on Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:40 pm

Sounds like we're attracting attention already.

Should we appoint a diplomat/trader/spokesperson guy now to help deal with outside interactions like this, or should we keep it to Leader archive suggestions?

I think -something- should be done, seeing as we're being directly approached by goodness knows who. Personally, I'd prefer to have a "welcome" comittee at hand, next time, preferable consisting of someone with the authority to answer/ask questions and voice the clan's wishes (whatever they may be), pluss someone to guard said person of authority. It could be An'jhali, but I feel that if they want to come see her, they can come to the ruins.

Also, maybe the Serantis and Rhyley should talk with our ex-slavers to see if they can identify the group that's starting to ask questions about us?

As for other matters, sounds like our diet is getting tiresome. Perhaps we should go in force to the northwest area for Kir'isu meat (to make people appreciate what we have :P ) pluss whatever special plant matter was there (maybe we'll luck upon some spices or tasty stuff?).

Then there's the scouts' "trading for spores with Chel farmers to grow mushrooms" plan.
Due'gar Tolmen Tei'Kaliath - A busy builder.

A day at work. - "I wish...Um. Nevermind."

Thoughts are like arrows: once released, they strike their mark. Guard them well or one day you may be your own victim. - Navajo proverb.
Writer
Vel'akar

Postby Kir'ima on Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:00 am

I think they are the same or at least related.

The first group came and saw something was going on. This group was not expecting us there, so they went back to report. They did not know anything about us and may not have been fighting types, so leaving without making contact was probably the correct course of action for them.

The second group came specifically to ask questions. In other words, they knew we were here, and came for information and possible recon. They were insistent, and we don't know what if any answers the scouts gave them. They are now taking back whatever information they gained, and will be making decisions/preparations based on that.
waiting patiently for my next chance at Sayatt
everyone stay clear of my blast radius
Kir'ima
the scout

Re: Event Archive - Day 24

Postby Tohya on Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:10 am

A group of people did pass by the entrance to our cavern on their way to pick wild mushrooms, so it only a matter of finding them. The ex-slavers in the clan should know where the farms end, so we can avoid the cultivated crops. Then we could send out long range scouting missions to try find mushroom and other plants.

The group that was just here is likely to only be indirectly related to previous groups. In that the previous group mentioned what they saw and this one came out to find out what is going on. Some of the poor move way out here just to get away from the big clans, and now a new clan has suddenly moved in next door.
Tohya
Vel'akar

Postby Serantis on Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:12 am

All i can say is we did our job, we intercepted them answered questions and saw them leave. If anyone is unhappy with our performance than maybe you would like to sit on top of a rock for two days twiddling your thumbs :P

And no im not mad altho that *Points up* may seem like it, Like Kir'ima said i cant control what Kern say's i did or didnt do. And it was Kaz'drin with me not Ryh, I guess thats one way to break in a new scout XD
Im glad it was me and not Dhal and Kitab, Im not saying it would have been any different but atleast someone of authority was there (Namely Me, as Second in command of the scouts its my duty to do such things). And yea i will talk to the slavers and our new clan members to see if they may know something about who i was talking to.
It's all fun and games,..........Until flying monkeys ATTACK!
Serantis
Demon

Postby Rulishia on Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:24 am

Kir'ima wrote:Hm, scout lookout as information desk... can't help it if Kern words it like that...

For some reason I just had a picture of John Cleese (of Monty Python's Flying Circus) sitting at his desk in the middle of a grassy field...

"And now for something completely different..."
Rulishia (formerly of the House of Mithran)
Squad Cute... wait, no... WYVERN!!! - Dini Nidinas, Nar'kaller, Yasha, Ys'sa (the Originals)
ImageMy little Ceru! ^.^ Image Serene! Image Leon!
Rulishia
Demon

Postby Jeriah on Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:32 am

((Personally, I feel that the 'diversify food' hint is a really tall order. No vegetables, no fruit, no spices, and you can count the number of different native animals on one or two hands. We can only trade once every 7 RL months (assuming 30 days to the DT month), so we have to rely on what we can get locally. The tik'tikki project is going too slow and given the size of the pen, would be hard to become a significant source of food for the clan. Perhaps we can process tik'tikki's as food flavoring rather than food. Writer's idea to take on a Kir'isu might be a good solution to tide us over for the short term though. But last time I tried talking Madea into taking it on, it didn't go over too well. Heh.

Hope the mystery drow had some distinguishing marks, otherwise relaying their description to our ex-slavers won't be very helpful. As for what transpired, I see what you mean, Kir'ima, but it could go either way. The way it reads to me is that the group approached the lookout and asked questions and were insistent/persistent about it. Sort of implying that the scouts didn't give them any real information (Or at least, I hope they wouldn't divulge any sensitive information without the okay from their superiors). The lookouts might have then attempted to retrieve someone who might be better suited to address the visitors, but they left, either through caution (EG "They're getting their friends, let's get out of here") or impatience (EG "We're not going to get anywhere soon, so let's go"). In the end, whether they're related or not is sort of a moot point. One way or another, it's probably not the last we've heard from them.))
- Ank'iseth Samarrikh
Jeriah
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre