The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: Event Archive, Day 21 - Re-structuring

Postby Meska369 on Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:07 am

Mad Girls UNITE! The Beldrobbaen are our next goal! I want a trade agreement with them!

*manacle laughter*

Heh.

You do realize you are talking about a girl, Tohya, who is one of the Engineers = the Scientists (of a sort) of this world. WE are born to make killing machines that can also do housework, fake barf that can cure cancer and headless chickens that just... run around... allot.

*Laughs*

We don't always make sense, create exactly what you might want or make safe things... BUT! We are better as friends then enemies...

*re-reads her "Evil Over-Mistress's Guide for Dummies" and smiles*

Oh yes, the "Annoying your leader with a third party so that you drive her insane and can thus gain power so you can run things from behind the scenes" chapter... My plan is working out well....

*looks at Jeriah*

I would NEVER overthrow my Ill'Haress! I'll stand behind her the entire way!

*tries and fails to stop the snickering*

Tohya, don't use Mr. Golem yet... Wait for it... The perfect time WILL come.

"I would love to lay pipe... but I have no pipe to lay" - Meska369
Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Location: When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Serantis on Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:41 pm

Hahah
You are too much Ar'lein *Hugs*

Dont ever change, unless ofcourse its some weird experiment gone wrong where your turned into a tikki tiki or something now that would be funny ;)

But seriously, your nuts and i love it *thumbs up*
It's all fun and games,..........Until flying monkeys ATTACK!
Serantis
Demon

Postby Finish on Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:11 pm

Meska369 wrote:*tries and fails to stop the snickering*

Tohya, don't use Mr. Golem yet... Wait for it... The perfect time WILL come.

Can I have some of the mushrooms our chief engineers had, please? :D
Finish
Merc on vacation

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Kail'odian on Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:39 pm

Ar'lein wrote:We don't always make sense, create exactly what you might want or make safe things... BUT! We are better as friends then enemies...

*eek*

*Note to self: stay friends with Ar'lein!* :D
If you see me online anywhere, I go by Kail, Darius Marcelino or LongSh0t82 as my user names now. I am on steam as LongSh0t82 if anyone wants to add me. I won't turn you away if you even only just want to talk.
Kail'odian
Vel'akar

Clan: Sharen

Postby Kir'ima on Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:02 am

Haha - joking aside, now that the initial exploration of the mine is more-or-less complete, we need to decide how to secure the mine, that is to say what to do about the various loose ends. For example,

1) The Sarghess exit
Personally, I feel it should be blocked for the time being. We have enough other stuff to worry about right now that we don't need that headache until we are better prepared and ready to deal with it.

2) The thin-air area
We still need to figure out a way to deal with this area. Maybe we can make fans or something to send fresh air up into that area. At any rate, it is an unexplored and thus "unknown" area that needs to be either taken care of of blocked off for the time being.

3) The lake and the kir'isu
We don't know if kir'isu can swim, but we need to make sure that this is not a threat. Blocking off the passage just before the "T" branch might be one way of temporarily dealing with both this and any possible threat from the thin-air area above.

4) Possibly concealed passages and caverns or hidden items
Not really sure how to check for these, but there are enough spaces on the map that we need to be careful of them. Maybe a joint team consisting of the miner, a couple of scouts and a couple of warriors would be best. A builder with earth mana probably wouldn't hurt either.

5) The mine doors
We need to remember that while the mine doors were easily opened by the golems, they were locked from this side. That is to say, they may have been preventing something on the other side (i.e. inside the mine) from getting out. If that is the case, then I think we really need to secure the areas of the mine that we need now (ore and stone), and block off other areas until we can open and explore them one at a time as we are ready. The last thing we need right now is an emergency that distracts us from a possible upcoming encounter (people who appeared at the cavern entrance and then left).
waiting patiently for my next chance at Sayatt
everyone stay clear of my blast radius
Kir'ima
the scout

Postby weilong on Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:36 pm

new update and we have new visitors! I don't think they are slavers they could be merchants cuz the beast they have look like they are carrying items and goods. Plus they look better dressed than the last group but lets be cautious
Haichun of the Harvesters used to be a scholar but not much to read or teach atm so what can you do really? OOO THERE GOES A LIZARD!!!
weilong
Demon

Postby Selkie on Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:50 pm

If they are merchants, I am super curious what goods they have for sale and what information they can provide us with. We may just be on the verge og moving a tiny step beyond the "unknown clan" description.
Selkie
Demon

Postby Jaibyrd on Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:54 pm

I'd like to thank the 25 supporters of my idea of the star in the hand, but in the end the correct symbol won, so 'grats Tali! *thumbs up to Tali*

And boy I hope those are traders... Maybe they'll have cloth for a flag!
AIM: Desinique - YIM: jai_byrd13 - MSN: Jai_byrd13@hotmail.com - Skype: jaibyrd13 - Twitter: Jaibyrd - dA: Jaibyrd
Jaibyrd
Vel'akar

Postby Ihaveninjas on Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:55 pm

I think it would definitely be best to be cautiously diplomatic here. The most we warriors will be doing is posing aggressively to make sure they don't think us to be pushovers. However, it would be a decidedly bad idea for us to block the way as they could have connections with (or be) the Nalsarkoth, who are undoubtably protective of their trade routs.
Ihaveninjas
Tainted

Postby Picanet on Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:10 pm

Just an official note of thanks for those that supported the applestar symbol. I'm pleased as pie that I was able to contribute to something so important. Comic portrait was ... quite accurate really I'm not going to lie lol
- Somebody that you used to know
Picanet
Vel'akar

Postby Tohya on Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:52 pm

I wonder if we have enough time to pick the new armor design so that the main group of warriors can wear it for the encounter.

Since they came from the NE, that would mean they entered through the same tunnel we did and are likely on their way to Chel with goods from the surface. There would even be a slim chance that they would have the plants needed to cure the leprosy with them.
Tohya
Vel'akar

Re: Leader Archive, Day 21 - new symbol, & unknown visitors

Postby Meska369 on Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:29 pm

I am hoping for a peaceful encounter and possible new friends.

These guys don't seem, so far, to be evil.

*crosses her fingers for luck*

"I would love to lay pipe... but I have no pipe to lay" - Meska369
Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Location: When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain

Postby PenDragon on Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:56 pm

I think we can rest easier with these visitors. Like others pointed out, they don't look hostile. Judging from the number of hale-driven cargo and the two armed guards at point, we're dealing with merchants.

Let's hope these people prove to be friendlier than our last group of guests.
If something seems too good to be true, you're supposed to shoot it just in case.
- Fiona Glenanne, "Burn Notice"

FYI: No, I have not made 16 million forum posts; that number is the result of a glitch. Don't ask.
PenDragon
Shard of the Old God

Postby horusre on Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:10 pm

Caution goes without saying, but being wary of provocative actions on our own part would also seem prudent. Sometimes a calm & self-assured stance is far better than an aggressive one; more flies with honey than with vinegar, and all that. Regardless, Shiir will do the right thing, trust in the Warmaster... it's what he is there for. ^^

Power to the Leviathan!
Bellum omnium contra omnes. Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse. Inter arma enim silent leges. Sic semper tyrannis. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Nuff said?
horusre
Summoner

Postby Kir'ima on Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:12 pm

If they are a caravan, they have probably been on the road for a while, at least some of which may have been in the same rough area that we passed through on the way here. How about we send a small group with a bit of food and water and an offer of a place to rest as a way of opening up friendly relations, getting to know each other and starting up some buying/barter negotiations?

Once we find out who/what they are and make sure they are not hostile, then letting An'jhali talk with them is fine. However, I think we finally need to decide once and for all whether to keep calling her "Ill'haress" or to change to "Ill'har" for the time being to avoid incurring the wrath of the Chel clans.
waiting patiently for my next chance at Sayatt
everyone stay clear of my blast radius
Kir'ima
the scout

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre