The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: Event A: Day 18

Postby Serantis on Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:33 am

Was ponderin last night about the mine map, Maybe we will get lucky and the one right path may lead back to our metal door.
It would be nice to have a tunnel to the mines but it may also lead to the bugs also, might be why it was locked.
Serantis
Demon

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Finish on Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:54 am

A couple of Kiri'su are no reason to close a mine that still has ore deposits. Especially if the mine belonged to a great Clan and was filled with slave workers. They would be able to take care of such bugs and pierce them on the walls with their crossbows... unless there were a really army of Kiri'su. On the other side they could "settle" in the mine after she was closed.

The way the Kiri'su attack is his weakness: He has to grab and entangle a prey to kill it with his acid. If he does it he can't move and is easily to hit. If the others are fast enough to could kill the Kiri'su and the captive is still alive (but probably injured through the acid), so they are only a thread if the come in larger groups. If we had spears or crossbows we would be able to kill them very easily
Finish
Merc on vacation

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby kirio on Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:05 pm

Serantis wrote:Was ponderin last night about the mine map, Maybe we will get lucky and the one right path may lead back to our metal door.
It would be nice to have a tunnel to the mines but it may also lead to the bugs also, might be why it was locked.

HO!! That would be nice! The Kiri'su aren't likely to be much of a threat (Unless you're pinned under a boulder that is :U ). It would be nice to have a back door out of the ruins (future fortress?) for many many reasons, even if we do eventually fortify all the entrances to this cavern.
Mana allows us to feel our connection to the world through the elements. Become one with that which thou wouldst change and the magic becomes effortless.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Hetros on Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:59 pm

Though that would be nice, I'm still holding out for an intact armory or abandoned treasury...
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Serantis on Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:13 pm

Either would be nice, as for the bugs slings and stones might be enough to drive them off should we encounter one in the mine.
The thought of a nest creeps me out so im going with Hetros on this one and hoping for an armory of some sort.

But even if there is a nest or worse im sure we could eventually (with more weapons and warriors) clean out the tunnels.
*crosses his ears* heres to hoping :3
Serantis
Demon

Postby Finish on Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:56 pm

Serantis wrote:But even if there is a nest or worse im sure we could eventually (with more weapons and warriors) clean out the tunnels.

In the worst case we have to destroy/barricade the part of the tunnels that leads to the nest. Then we can use the rest the mine safley until the make a way through the stones.
Finish
Merc on vacation

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Hetros on Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:13 pm

Finish wrote:
Serantis wrote:But even if there is a nest or worse im sure we could eventually (with more weapons and warriors) clean out the tunnels.

In the worst case we have to destroy/barricade the part of the tunnels that leads to the nest. Then we can use the rest the mine safley until the make a way through the stones.

Sounds good, we can collapse buildings safely, collapsing a part of a mine without harming the rest can't be TOO much more difficult... I hope Q-Q
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Runes on Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:59 pm

Hail to An'jhali and her almighty bitch-slapping powers! ^^
Runes
Strawberry Ninja

Clan: Sharen

Postby Christine on Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:56 pm

Nobody likes to be patronized; especially not an il'lharess...
"That which does not kill you makes you stronger"...
"That which does not kill me better hope it can run faster scared then I can mad"
Christine
Tainted

Re: LA: Day 18 - Doors, Ankiseth got pwn'd, Miner Rank available

Postby Kir'ima on Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:26 am

Miner rank... yeah...

14 votes out of a total 36 may be 39%, but I would guess that the extremely low vote total means at least 20 abstentions because there was no good option to vote for, which means that the real support was probably closer to 25%. So I see this as Kern letting us know that we need the Miner rank. Fair enough.

Any takers out there?

The vote results also imply that trying to have the faceless help a ranked member without that ranked member's coordination will not work (help gather algae: ignored). This is why I think that these "faceless help" options should be posted by the ranked member in question (and included in their action) as necessary.
waiting patiently for my next chance at Sayatt
everyone stay clear of my blast radius
Kir'ima
the scout

Re: LA: Day 18 - Ankiseth got pwn'd, Miner Rank available

Postby Jeriah on Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:31 am

Certainly sets a new precedent, doesn't it? And in more ways than one.
- Ank'iseth Samarrikh
Jeriah
Vel'akar

Postby Meska369 on Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:20 am

I figure that the mine was abandoned because a mightier clan can focus it's resources elsewhere rather then mining out a fading mine. It's what happens all the time in coal and gold mining. My family has a mining background so I have experiences of familial stories .

This mine is perfect for us to extract all we can from it. who knows, maybe we can hit a better vein with our digging. Happens all the time in small mines.

Oh, and you are right, patronizing make me mad too. ESPECIALLY is it's over a art style. Were are luck the artist doesn't feel like quitting.

"I would love to lay pipe... but I have no pipe to lay" - Meska369
Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Location: When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain

Postby Jeriah on Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:57 am

Meska369 wrote:...over a art style. Were are luck the artist doesn't feel like quitting.

((Nothing to do with luck. If Reza was going to quit over a comment made from one fictional character to another fictional character he was drawing, he needs to get a life. Perhaps I'm just a poor judge of character, but I'm fairly confident Reza's not like that. If he is, then I wonder how far he'd make it as an artist. But if he or Kern took offense, then I'll have no problems issuing an apology for the advice that was meant to adjust An'jhali's non-verbals, particularly during events involving face to face negotiations.))
- Ank'iseth Samarrikh
Jeriah
Vel'akar

Postby Writer on Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:54 am

Ouch, Ank'iseth. *eek*

Kir'ima wrote:Any takers out there?

I'm tempted to apply. Due'gar's got quarrying experience, and knows about structural integrity from his mason background, so he'd not be half-bad skillwise on the background fluff.

I hesitate because I'm relatively new, and because Due'gar as a character was never made to be leader material...And I like being a builder. But if there's a general dearth of applications...Well, I'll wait a day and see. Maybe this gets some of the lurkers out of the woodwork.
Due'gar Tolmen Tei'Kaliath - A busy builder.

A day at work. - "I wish...Um. Nevermind."

Thoughts are like arrows: once released, they strike their mark. Guard them well or one day you may be your own victim. - Navajo proverb.
Writer
Vel'akar

Postby PenDragon on Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:21 am

Jeriah wrote:((Nothing to do with luck. If Reza was going to quit over a comment made from one fictional character to another fictional character he was drawing, he needs to get a life. Perhaps I'm just a poor judge of character, but I'm fairly confident Reza's not like that. If he is, then I wonder how far he'd make it as an artist. But if he or Kern took offense, then I'll have no problems issuing an apology for the advice that was meant to adjust An'jhali's non-verbals, particularly during events involving face to face negotiations.))

Personally I thought the slap from An'jhali was funny, but it seems as though there was a punishment was attached to it. A 3-day gag order from the Ilharess isn't that bad, but still...

I agree that neither Reza nor Kern should take offense at harmless comments from minor characters. I also think that such comments should never have effects on the game at large, such as work not getting done or someone being banned from giving advice. The game would be a little boring if stuff like An'jhali's slap didn't appear between the more serious moments.

As for the Miner rank, I've got no clue. Most people on the forums have jobs already, so we'll just have to wait for someone to pop up. Anyone who's interested should keep in mind that no job title is permanent; you can always change if you want to.
If something seems too good to be true, you're supposed to shoot it just in case.
- Fiona Glenanne, "Burn Notice"

FYI: No, I have not made 16 million forum posts; that number is the result of a glitch. Don't ask.
PenDragon
Shard of the Old God

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre