The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: Leader Archive: Day 16, Late

Postby Pariel on Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:54 pm

Friday already and we haven't heard of Meska...

perhaps she's without connection due to the interwebs L33t upgrade that Kirio mentioned....
"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one." - Marcus Aurelius.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Clan: Sharen

Postby Kir'ima on Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:28 pm

I propose that Ank'iseth be made subrank in charge of fertilizer (tik'tikki poop). :0

I bet you all think I'm joking, but I'm not. Well, okay, half-joking.
Kir'ima
the scout

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Thorn on Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:10 pm

I like the idea of helping out a ranked posistion, has that been given to Kern yet? It is really nice.

I suppose I could have a miner subrank.

Just, it doesnt seem i'm getting alot of workers, so I'm really thinking a "Work or you get no food!" system should be implemented...
Thorn
Demon

Postby Miburo on Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:31 pm

Thorn wrote:Just, it doesnt seem i'm getting alot of workers, so I'm really thinking a "Work or you get no food!" system should be implemented...

enslave everyone that doesn't have a job and I'll take care of it XD
Miburo
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Writer on Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:27 pm

Hmm...If the Harvesters are to be in charge of the continous supply chain, then I think they may need some help, somewhere. As things stand, with just them, they can devote approximately 3 people a day to each resource; stone, ore, clay and fishin' (taking into account 1 or 2 at the Tik'tikki pen). Approximately 5 if we use the slaves (not counting the imprisoned slavers) to bolster their numbers.

Have you any idea how many harvesters are needed to keep the status quo of our food resources, Katralya? As that's probably the most essential resource we have, and the one we can't ignore.
Due'gar Tolmen Tei'Kaliath - A busy builder.

A day at work. - "I wish...Um. Nevermind."

Thoughts are like arrows: once released, they strike their mark. Guard them well or one day you may be your own victim. - Navajo proverb.
Writer
Vel'akar

Postby Zorlond on Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:59 pm

As far as I can tell, 4-5 people can keep up with the demand for food, assuming they actually do the work and work all day. Keep in mind they can't slack off or do something else. And also that they need supervision of some kind or they start goofing off like they did a few pages back.
Zorlond
Vel'akar

Postby Jeriah on Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:19 pm

((Was the slacking off really due to lack of supervision or was it just something to mix things up a bit? I believe it has only occurred once thus far and to my (failing) memory, I don't recall an official statement made by Kern saying 'It was because of lack of supervision.' The following turn when Katralya came around to crack the whip, production boosted itself considerably as if to 'make up' for the possibly erroneous turnout the turn prior (During this time, Kern had others sub in for him, so a mistake/typo occurring doesn't seem far fetched). So the speculation of requiring supervision could be incorrect. If we see it happen again under the same conditions, then we can probably move that mechanic up from suspected to confirmed.

Assuming there is such a supervision mechanic, changing to a turn a day schedule should reduce it's effects. As it'd be hard to imagine the ranked would not take the time to check in at each assignment throughout the course of the day.))
- Ank'iseth Samarrikh
Jeriah
Vel'akar

Postby Zafia on Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:44 am

Since we are trying to only make ranks if they are really needed I think a miner shouldn't be it's own rank, best choice would be a sub-rank under Supply Master. As far as a rank in order to have a contact with Chel, I think that making a Merchant rank might work. Until we enter politics in Chel an Ambassador isn't needed because we won't have any official relations. A merchant would be able to handle contact with Chel (in a positive and not militaristic way) and be able to head buying things that we need and selling our goods once we agree that we have enough for ourselves.
Zafia
Tainted

Postby Tohya on Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:09 am

Slacking off could of been a result of what occurs in the shout box as well.

I haven't been putting in any options to use some of the faceless because I though other issues need to be voted on instead. But making sure we have enough food isn't all that difficult, all it requires is an option to help gather food in the Leader Archive. Or possibly a request from an ranked member for some assistance from the former Teikaliathian slaves, we haven't tried to get help from them in a while.
Tohya
Vel'akar

Postby Frost Indri on Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:18 am

Zorlond wrote:As far as I can tell, 4-5 people can keep up with the demand for food, assuming they actually do the work and work all day. Keep in mind they can't slack off or do something else. And also that they need supervision of some kind or they start goofing off like they did a few pages back.

I've wondered, why haven't you tried to set up a foreman sub-rank. Or a tiktikki farmer sub-rank? I mean, we don't really know if it will work at all, but... It seems like you have more opportunity and need than most.
Ka'hab, the potter.
Frost Indri
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing on Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:09 pm

Frost, get out of my head!!! Eeeeeerie.

Seriously, that's not a bad idea. Unless you're already going to do it, in which case it's still not a bad idea.

(OK, now Yogi Berra's in my head...)
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby Miburo on Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:01 pm

I looked at the page and then at the header of the drowtales news section. From what we can see I think we hit Shagress fortress. seems like a good moment to retreat
Miburo
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Novusod on Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:09 pm

Miburo wrote:I looked at the page and then at the header of the drowtales news section. From what we can see I think we hit Shagress fortress. seems like a good moment to retreat

How do you find that out. Is this some type of meta knowledge you have?
"A pessimists looks at the wind and complains. An optimist looks at the wind and believes the wind will change. A leader looks at the wind and trims the sails."
Novusod
Demon

Postby Writer on Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:20 pm

Dayumn. I believe she's right. We've got the Sarghress as our neighbours. The Val'Nar'Sarkoth are probably somewhere on the opposite side of the cave from the mine, then, since the slaves informed us that they might be the closest clan near us. Or the slaves could've been wrong....On the other hand, the scouts might've used all day to get to the end of the tunnel, so that's some distance.

You can recognize that tower structure from one of the drowtales main site backgrounds, Novosud. And the symbol on that structure is clearly Sarghress.
Due'gar Tolmen Tei'Kaliath - A busy builder.

A day at work. - "I wish...Um. Nevermind."

Thoughts are like arrows: once released, they strike their mark. Guard them well or one day you may be your own victim. - Navajo proverb.
Writer
Vel'akar

Postby dukeant on Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:12 pm

the building structure does look very similiar, and while I normally dislike making such assumptions it does look like we have struck upon the sarghess cavern
question is how do we deal with them if its the really the sarghess, beyond simply avoiding and observing them for now that is
dukeant
Summoner

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre