The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: LA Updated - Day 15, Mid Day

Postby Novusod on Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:17 pm

Don't worry I have not been tainted. You seem to think slavery is all dignity and respect well I can tell you first hand as being a slave myself that it is not. Know that there is little difference between moving heavy rocks all day and wading through a river full of leaches. I find slavery distasteful in all forms but I have a job to do as an overseer in service of the clan. I would rejoice if the clan agreed to abolish the practice altogether but that is the will of the way it seems. I will do my job with out hesitation but I will not do so under any false presumptions that slavery is anything but a wretched institution.
"A pessimists looks at the wind and complains. An optimist looks at the wind and believes the wind will change. A leader looks at the wind and trims the sails."
Novusod
Demon

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Christine on Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:38 pm

Novusod wrote:Don't worry I have not been tainted. You seem to think slavery is all dignity and respect well I can tell you first hand as being a slave myself that it is not. Know that there is little difference between moving heavy rocks all day and wading through a river full of leaches. I find slavery distasteful in all forms but I have a job to do as an overseer in service of the clan. I would rejoice if the clan agreed to abolish the practice altogether but that is the will of the way it seems. I will do my job with out hesitation but I will not do so under any false presumptions that slavery is anything but a wretched institution.

Just because we are doing something that by modern morals is wrong is no reason to become outright evil. Inside the clan the rules and laws regarding owned slaves are our own; we can make it so that they have some rights and choices. Instead of complaining about how horrible we are being by having slaves and how we might as well just be a bunch of evil jerks you should be arguing about rights for them and rules about the treatment of them.
"That which does not kill you makes you stronger"...
"That which does not kill me better hope it can run faster scared then I can mad"
Christine
Tainted

Postby Novusod on Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:51 pm

((That was in RP by the way. I have argued for the rights of slaves. Such as their right not to be tortured or have their tongues cut out. This is about the pretense side of the argument which I find effective in really hammering home the point.))
"A pessimists looks at the wind and complains. An optimist looks at the wind and believes the wind will change. A leader looks at the wind and trims the sails."
Novusod
Demon

Postby PenDragon on Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:56 pm

Christine wrote:Just because we are doing something that by modern morals is wrong is no reason to become outright evil. Inside the clan the rules and laws regarding owned slaves are our own; we can make it so that they have some rights and choices. Instead of complaining about how horrible we are being by having slaves and how we might as well just be a bunch of evil jerks you should be arguing about rights for them and rules about the treatment of them.

That's the problem; all this talk of mistreating slaves is unfounded because Miburo has done everything to avoid mistreating them. Novusod's concerns are appreciated, but completely misdirected. As Overseers we haven't even laid a malicious finger on a single slave, have fed them well, and protected them against outsiders. That's more than they probably deserve, but we're willing to give it to them anyway.

However, our patience is not without limits. Miburo has made it clear she doesn't mind getting rough with the slaves if they prove to be too uncooperative. It's fine for anyone in the clan to decry the practice of slavery, but they should ask themselves what the alternative treatments would be.
PenDragon
Shard of the Old God

Postby Christine on Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:11 pm

PenDragon wrote:However, our patience is not without limits. Miburo has made it clear she doesn't mind getting rough with the slaves if they prove to be too uncooperative. It's fine for anyone in the clan to decry the practice of slavery, but they should ask themselves what the alternative treatments would be.

Of course, be kind to them when they cooperate and ruthless when they cause trouble. However it might not be a bad idea to have official rules about slaves so that they know that they will be treated fairly; it could also help to set the atmosphere towards our slaves so that individual clan members that might end up working alongside them know how to treat them. But that is a conversation for the slavemaster thread.
Christine
Tainted

Postby kirio on Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:47 am

Folks,
We went through this with the Supply Master, the Scout Leader, and the War Master. Please, refrain from telling the ranked members how to do their jobs and constantly second guessing their decisions and worse bringing complaints to An'jhali. I don't want to see any more voting options put up trying to interfere with the Slave Master. The Slave Master, especially, needs the clan's FULL support. If the slaves, especially the former slavers, see that the clan doesn't support Kanzalika, they will give her and her overseers 10 times the grief and it will make her job and the job of her overseers VERY DANGEROUS!! If you have a constructive suggestion post it in the Slave Master's thread. That's what that thread is FOR. *upset*
Mana allows us to feel our connection to the world through the elements. Become one with that which thou wouldst change and the magic becomes effortless.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Jeriah on Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:11 am

Although feedback about the slaves would be best to be discussed in Khan'zalika's realm, the conversation won't necessarily allow for that each and every instance. They just digressed a bit from the conversation. And even if people tell others how to do their job, there's no real effect, is there? They're venting, the ranked won't pay it any heed, and everyone's the better, if not the same. Lesser evil than someone bottling it in and becoming frustrated due to a lack of an outlet. At least they're tossing ideas about. So rather than police every comment, why not let people talk? If their ranting displeases you, stop listening. This is an open forum after all.
- Ank'iseth Samarrikh
Jeriah
Vel'akar

Postby kirio on Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:27 am

Jeriah,
The discussions in this thread and in the shout box often have a direct effect on the comic. A lot of discussion here questioning the Slave Master has a good chance at being reflected in the comic. This would be very bad considering the difficulties Kanzalika is already certain to have to face with the former slavers.
And, Jeriah, an open forum, like free speech, is not license for irresponsible behavior. I was and am reminding everyone that there are consequences for saying things that others may suffer for. A need to 'vent' is not an excuse for injuring others.
Mana allows us to feel our connection to the world through the elements. Become one with that which thou wouldst change and the magic becomes effortless.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Frost Indri on Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:42 am

Hey, So I managed to shunt the news down shortly after Kern posted it by blathering my mouth off (and not knowing that Kern wrote this before I pressed send, I had the old page), but so everyone gets the message:

Kern : Reza is poisoned and couldn't finish the page due to this. I'm putting the text on top. He may not be available for the next page.

:( Poor Reza.
Ka'hab, the potter.
Frost Indri
Dragon of the Nether

Postby kirio on Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:53 am

:@ *tear*
Ouch! I hope he didn't have to go to the hospital and is at least resting as comfortably as possible until his system recovers!
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Christine on Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:19 am

Poisoned!? Does anyone know what happened? Was it food poisoning? I hope that he gets better soon he must feel horrible.

And I was not questioning the ranked member I was just trying to suggest some ideas, to a clan member who dislikes slavery, about things that could be brought up before the slavemaster concerning the treatment of slaves. I remembered reading the early slavemaster posts that Kanzalika was considering being fairly nice to the slaves and I thought that having that sort of discussion (carried on in the slavemaster topic of course) might be helpful. If a ranked member tells me they are not interested in my ideas and to drop it I drop it.
"That which does not kill you makes you stronger"...
"That which does not kill me better hope it can run faster scared then I can mad"
Christine
Tainted

Postby Tohya on Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:30 am

It was food poisoning and LA page is up.

So we've seen everything but the puffs. http://www.drowtales.com/worldsettingar ... p?sid=3146 And I'm fairly certain that they are lurking around here somewhere. o_O

I would of thought that it was already decided that they would become slaves. Though I guess it can't become official until the fate of the three wounded ones is determined.
Tohya
Vel'akar

Postby Bel'xullyn on Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:50 am

*ahem..*
"Well.. since i'm a nurse..better do my duty well and inform people of the symptoms.."
"What are the symptoms of salmonella poisoning?
Diarrhoea or constipation.
Headaches.
Stomach cramps.
Nausea and vomiting.
Fever.
Possibly, blood in the faeces.

"In the case of less serious infections there are fewer symptoms - usually only diarrhoea two or three times a day for a couple of days. Most mild types of salmonella infection clear up in four to seven days without requiring any treatment other than rest and plenty of liquid.

A more severe infection may cause excessive diarrhoea, stomach cramps and general health problems. In such cases, treatment with antibiotics may be necessary and a doctor should be consulted."

"so please Reza... take a good rest and come back healty!"
Bel'xullyn
Vel'akar

Postby Miburo on Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:57 am

Oh no Ves has a crystal ball ^^;
kirio wrote:This would be very bad considering the difficulties Kanzalika is already certain to have to face with the former slavers.

you can be sure Khanza is pissed rightnow. My first instincts tell me jokerlady has to die and the others will be stripped naked and chackled in the cold room and deprived of food. but 'm willing to hear what the clan has to say.
I'm so very sorry I got my two overseers hurt. I need new people and FAST, at least 2 more.

The good news is that Arlien can play around with the 2 golems since they are not designed to smash anything in their path.

Reza, get well sone
Miburo
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Picanet on Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:05 am

Joker lady needs to go. She was trouble to start with and she'll be trouble until the end (I'm quite sure) unless we let you break her. Hang her by her hands and feet on those lovely meat hooks and leave her to "hang out" and "cool off".
- Somebody that you used to know
Picanet
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre