The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: Leader A. Updated: Day 15 Early - Chibi Tei'kaliath!

Postby Ruaka on Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:59 pm

Yes, these things might already have names. You could ask your new clan members for helps. ^^

(Although, I'd suggest asking in the comic, because I surely don't know. ^^;)
Ruaka
Nether Seed

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Event Archive Updated - Day 15, Mid Day

Postby Madea on Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:54 pm

You now, there's already a character here with the name D'nile.
Madea
Pineapple Warmaster

Location: In EVA above Green Ball, surrounded by Space Kitties!
Clan: Sharen

Postby Novusod on Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:36 pm

Yup D'nile is one of the forge workers but he doesn't really seem like an active participant anymore at least not since Dec 13, 2007.
"A pessimists looks at the wind and complains. An optimist looks at the wind and believes the wind will change. A leader looks at the wind and trims the sails."
Novusod
Demon

Postby Hetros on Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:03 am

I like how our weapons are starting to take on a look of their own like all clan's stuff does eventually... and now :D with the multiple actions thing being made in the announcement above, it'll mean armoring can finally be done alongside other such duties! <Punches air>
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Writer on Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:43 am

Oh yeah, the weapons look pret-tay. Definitely a step up from the stuff the slavers were carrying, and what we've made from scrap metal so far.
Due'gar Tolmen Tei'Kaliath - A busy builder.

A day at work. - "I wish...Um. Nevermind."

Thoughts are like arrows: once released, they strike their mark. Guard them well or one day you may be your own victim. - Navajo proverb.
Writer
Vel'akar

Postby kirio on Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:45 am

Novusod wrote:Yup D'nile is one of the forge workers but he doesn't really seem like an active participant anymore at least not since Dec 13, 2007.

Nearly everyone that's around long enough has extended periods where they don't post. Between school (lots of HS and college students here), computer breakdowns, job changes, extended vacations, and just getting plain busy in RL, the folks who are around the forums all the time are the exception not the rule.
Mana allows us to feel our connection to the world through the elements. Become one with that which thou wouldst change and the magic becomes effortless.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Meckruco on Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:44 am

yes... i forum lurk like its cool... even though my life can be busy at times.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum" If you desire peace, prepare for war.
House the of Will of Fire
Fourth Tir'ay Champ is Meck the bear killer.
Meckruco
Vel'akar

Postby Jaibyrd on Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:00 am

It seems like that's all I do these days is forum lurk in-between trying to get my students to pass and graduate sometime this century...
AIM: Desinique - YIM: jai_byrd13 - MSN: Jai_byrd13@hotmail.com - Skype: jaibyrd13 - Twitter: Jaibyrd - dA: Jaibyrd
Jaibyrd
Vel'akar

Postby kirio on Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:04 am

Jaibyrd wrote:It seems like that's all I do these days is forum lurk in-between trying to get my students to pass and graduate sometime this century...

*lol* And sing the song "Do your Homework!Do your Homework!Do your Homework!Do your Homework!" all the live long day. ^^;
Mana allows us to feel our connection to the world through the elements. Become one with that which thou wouldst change and the magic becomes effortless.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Kir'ima on Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:00 am

Jeriah wrote:Is naming everything really necessary? Unless there's more than 1 river or 1 mine, I don't see the issue of just referring to it as the 'the river' or 'the mine.' Also, we're invading land that wasn't ours to begin with. How do we get the audacity to name things to our liking? ((I suppose it's a very human tendency. Not saying it may or may not be a Drow tendency either, but shouldn't we first check to see if the locals (eg the slaves) already know the names?))

And in any case, it is a rule that you don't get to name (or in this case, rename) things until you have a flag.

"No flag? No country. Sorry, that's the rule that I just made up."
waiting patiently for my next chance at Sayatt
everyone stay clear of my blast radius
Kir'ima
the scout

Postby Hetros on Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:34 am

Kir'ima wrote:
Jeriah wrote:Is naming everything really necessary? Unless there's more than 1 river or 1 mine, I don't see the issue of just referring to it as the 'the river' or 'the mine.' Also, we're invading land that wasn't ours to begin with. How do we get the audacity to name things to our liking? ((I suppose it's a very human tendency. Not saying it may or may not be a Drow tendency either, but shouldn't we first check to see if the locals (eg the slaves) already know the names?))

And in any case, it is a rule that you don't get to name (or in this case, rename) things until you have a flag.

"No flag? No country. Sorry, that's the rule that I just made up."

We need a symbolist then... something I think should come AFTER a Magic User.
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby DarkVolt on Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:24 am

Is a clan-animal decided? Without clan-animal no symbol for a flag.
I vote for the Tiktikky with the apple (mentioned in the podcast). *smallsmile*
Fel'lor Tei'kaliath
DarkVolt
Summoner

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Bel'xullyn on Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:29 am

Kir'ima wrote:"No flag? No country. Sorry, that's the rule that I just made up."

"Yeah, well.. having a flag could be nice... but that would have to wait a bit i guess.. " :)
"Looking at the situation right now i don't think it is that urgent." *ooo*
*pause a moment...*
"But , when the situation get a bit calmer.. that would be nice " :D

*think about a flag showing a tik'tikkis eating a cookie while sitting, and burst out in laugher*

"oh. hum.. désolé ... " *blush*
Bel'xullyn
Vel'akar

Postby kirio on Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:39 pm

DarkVolt wrote:Is a clan-animal decided? Without clan-animal no symbol for a flag.
I vote for the Tiktikky with the apple (mentioned in the podcast). *smallsmile*

We've been arguing about that since the P2P forum started :P
Clan Animal?
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Writer on Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:32 pm

Eeek, *another* 32 page thread...

Without reading said thread...Is it really obligatory for us to have a clan animal at all? The other clans have clan symbols in addition to their clan animals, which I think might be the only thing appropriate for us at the time being. We don't really have any animals to 'relate' ourselves to. We certainly didn't bring any specific animals along with us on our long trek (or we ate them all on the way >_>;), and the only animals we currently seem to be able to capture here are...Uh. Tik'tikkis.

And cute little things that live in burrows have already been claimed as clan animals for the Vel'Hob'bits. I mean...We still have our pride. Right?
Due'gar Tolmen Tei'Kaliath - A busy builder.

A day at work. - "I wish...Um. Nevermind."

Thoughts are like arrows: once released, they strike their mark. Guard them well or one day you may be your own victim. - Navajo proverb.
Writer
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre