The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: EA Updated - Day 14 Late: New Items, & RIP OC Quel'ianthiss

Postby kirio on Sun May 25, 2008 5:18 pm

Jeriah wrote:
Thalar wrote:Leave the healing stuff to me. I will physically hurt and abuse any faceless idiot stumbling into the healing station claiming they know how to treat an injury. If you want to make suggestions, post them in the healing station thread.

Also, I've already researched methods for dealing with this issue.

There's our medic for you. Although I suppose being Drow there may be no such thing as a Hippocratic Oath. Perhaps it's more of a Hypocritic Oath, instead. Heh. I'm surprised no tourniquet and ligature was used, but I'm no medic, so I have no room to say anything as anything I come up with would probably too outdated or not even applicable. All I can do is think 'Warm heart, gentle hands' while ignoring the screams of agony and moans of torment. Such a bittersweet symphony being in or near the medic tent that lacks anesthesia.

It's a damn shame it went that way, but Q had a bit of a temper in the forums, so I'm not surprised. *sigh*

Well, I have to give him props for not burning all the bridges before he left. He just quietly slipped away rather than leaving in a flaming, trolling, cursing ball of reprisal. So giving him the benefit of the doubt, perhaps he'll return later. I, for one, wouldn't forsake him should he decide to return.

Yes, I certainly hope he will reconsider once he's had time to calm down and think about it.
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: LA: Day 14 - Strip Searched, & OC Deal for New Members

Postby Novusod on Sun May 25, 2008 10:10 pm

I had been in favor sparing the slaves before today's update and I still support that. I would not like to see any of them killed even that jokerlady who after all accepted our terms to surrender over fighting to the bitter end. The ones who beg for mercy can be freed and other can be enslaved.

I would recommend giving any new players who want an ex-slaver character automatic approval to claim one. Now is not the time for long mercy speeches to the Ill'haress and complicated polls. Just let them name a slaver and they can fill out the details later. I emphasize making this as user friendly as possible.
Novusod
Demon

Re: EA Updated - Day 14 Late: New Items, & RIP OC Quel'ianthiss

Postby Thalar on Sun May 25, 2008 11:11 pm

Novusod wrote:
Thalar wrote:Also, I've already researched methods for dealing with this issue.

You should post what your research has discovered instead of leaving us in the dark wondering.

You can read my full action on the site when I post it. The Event page text box didn't say that Elif couldn't handle the operation, it said that the nurses (by themselves) would not be able to. I will be performing the surgery myself (as if there was any question). Also, I could probably just write "Elif performs the surgery" in my action and that would be as successful as a page-long explanation of just how I intend to do it. Which is largely the reason I don't see a need to discuss what I do unless it includes asking other ranked for help.

Besides, there's a whole separate topic for the healing station. It's pretty dusty, because noone takes any interest unless we're up to our armpits in blood. But just like the other ranked topics, that's where you go if you have comments, feedback, questions or suggestions. Not here.

Jeriah wrote:
Thalar wrote:Leave the healing stuff to me. I will physically hurt and abuse any faceless idiot stumbling into the healing station claiming they know how to treat an injury. If you want to make suggestions, post them in the healing station thread.

Also, I've already researched methods for dealing with this issue.

There's our medic for you. Although I suppose being Drow there may be no such thing as a Hippocratic Oath. Perhaps it's more of a Hypocritic Oath, instead. Heh. I'm surprised no tourniquet and ligature was used, but I'm no medic, so I have no room to say anything as anything I come up with would probably too outdated or not even applicable. All I can do is think 'Warm heart, gentle hands' while ignoring the screams of agony and moans of torment. Such a bittersweet symphony being in or near the medic tent that lacks anesthesia.

If you had read my action you would have seen that a torniquet was indeed supposed to be applied. Why it was not, I don't know. Apparently I had time to amputate his arm instead, and even though the torniquet could still have been applied like I wrote in my action, it was not. What I write in my action, and how it is translated into the event page, don't always match. There is also the matter of over-detailing, which has no effect whatsoever, in-game. So no matter what I have discovered as I traverse medical websites and my own medical textbooks, I have to condense it down or risk either misinterpretation or non-inclusion.
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby suntiger745 on Sun May 25, 2008 11:19 pm

It's been said before I think, but there's a difference between what you can describe in a text and what can be shown visually on a comic page. Also, like Thalar said, sometimes things get cut out (no pun intended).

I'm in support of killing the leader of the slavers.
Not anything elaborate and cruel though, just killing her. Off with 'er head!

The slavers who surrender and begs for mercy can be accepted into the clan, on probation at first and provided An'jhali agrees.
The other we make into slaves. Poetic justice. ;)

It looks like we're going to need to go to Chel soon as well. For that I'd suggest spies rather than scouts.
The scouts would be good if we're talking about finding paths in the wilderness or going into a city who we don't mind finding out that we're foreigners.
However, while we want to find out things about Chel, we don't want anyone there finding out about us. Not yet at least.
We're too vulnerable still.
That won't work by sneaking. Too many people, but more importantly, to find out about Chel we would need to watch, listen, but also ask questions and interact with the people of Chel.

My character Li would be suitable for a mission like that. She grew up in a theater in her early years but was then forced to live on the streets.
Her skills from this include being able to play a role well, being street smart and knowing how to 'hide in plain sight', being unnoticeable.
That is also the reason I've set her up as An'jhali's gofer. That way no-one will be suspicious of her coming and going while bringing stuff to the Ill'haress.
Through the use of her blood and bone sorcery she can also alter hear features slightly (it's painful and doesn't have the same range as Ariel's shape-shifting though).

Going into Chel is not something I'd like to have only Li on though. I'd prefer if there were several others going in as well, to cover more ground and getting a better picture of the land, culture etc.

Regarding the dead, I'd prefer if we didn't waste any of the meat and bone we could salvage. It's quite possible our group had to do that on the hard march to this new land, regardless of whether it had been part of our culture before the forced exile.
However, using the remains for practical purposes doesn't mean we can't also have a ceremony for the dead.
Even though we lost people on the march, having (at least) one die now, in the land we were supposed to start over is indeed a blow.
A ceremony of some kind would be good for both the Ill'haress and the clan as a whole I think, though I also agree that it should be kept short and simple, not an elaborate spectacle.
suntiger745
Kern's minion

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Pariel on Sun May 25, 2008 11:39 pm

Hm... how about burying it's skull (it's not like it's something very useful and the features of a skull are very creepy) and keeping the rest?

Oh, and if someone's going to chel I would suggest putting out the smelly slaver clothes and a minimal ada, easier to pass off as commoner.

PS: Save the cute slaver girl!
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Clan: Sharen

Postby Jeriah on Sun May 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Thalar wrote:What I write in my action, and how it is translated into the event page, don't always match.

I know how that feels. Everything I say comes out 'Kill this and kill that.' I find it rather amusing though.

Suntiger, has Li signed up for a profession yet? Many of them are hurting for bodies.
Jeriah
Vel'akar

Postby Thalar on Sun May 25, 2008 11:55 pm

Pariel wrote:Oh, and if someone's going to chel I would suggest putting out the smelly slaver clothes and a minimal ada, easier to pass off as commoner.

If you check the Resources list, we seem to have a few sets of Chel clothing, which would allow our spies to fit in, probably.
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Pariel on Sun May 25, 2008 11:56 pm

Thalar wrote:
Pariel wrote:Oh, and if someone's going to chel I would suggest putting out the smelly slaver clothes and a minimal ada, easier to pass off as commoner.

If you check the Resources list, we seem to have a few sets of Chel clothing, which would allow our spies to fit in, probably.

They came from the slavers though. :P
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Clan: Sharen

Postby Novusod on Mon May 26, 2008 12:13 am

suntiger745 wrote:I'm in support of killing the leader of the slavers.
Not anything elaborate and cruel though, just killing her. Off with 'er head!

The slavers who surrender and begs for mercy can be accepted into the clan, on probation at first and provided An'jhali agrees.
The other we make into slaves. Poetic justice. ;)

In fairness I would ask that the plea for mercy be extended to the 9 previous slaves we captured. After all what did they do to deserve our ire more than the current batch of prisoners? A great deal of mercy is being extended to the slavers that was not given to the 9 previous slaves. I say let the previous slaves also get a chance to beg for mercy form the Ill'haress. ((It will also be a chance to players to get a cleaner character from Chel if they are uncomfortable with being a slaver))

It looks like we're going to need to go to Chel soon as well.

What? We are going to Chel now, when did this happen?

Pariel wrote:PS: Save the cute slaver girl!

Don't worry too much about her. She will be treated well in the slave quarters I promise ;).
Novusod
Demon

Postby Jeriah on Mon May 26, 2008 1:14 am

Yes, let's line up all the slaves and have auditions.

"Hello, I'm a slaver, but I'm cute. Tee hee."
"You're free to go."
"Hello, everyone thinks I look like the Joker."
"Get on the execution block."
"I'm a slaver, just like her."
"You're a cow and an eyesore, get on the ****ing block!"

Heh. Novusod, you trying to put yourself out of the job? Either that or if Khan'zalika loses her slaves to compassion, you'll have to replace them all and work hard enough to make up for the lack of slave labor.
Jeriah
Vel'akar

Postby Kir'ima on Mon May 26, 2008 1:18 am

suntiger745 wrote:It looks like we're going to need to go to Chel soon as well. For that I'd suggest spies rather than scouts. The scouts would be good if we're talking about finding paths in the wilderness or going into a city who we don't mind finding out that we're foreigners. However, while we want to find out things about Chel, we don't want anyone there finding out about us. Not yet at least. We're too vulnerable still. That won't work by sneaking. Too many people, but more importantly, to find out about Chel we would need to watch, listen, but also ask questions and interact with the people of Chel.

My character Li would be suitable for a mission like that. She grew up in a theater in her early years but was then forced to live on the streets. Her skills from this include being able to play a role well, being street smart and knowing how to 'hide in plain sight', being unnoticeable. That is also the reason I've set her up as An'jhali's gofer. That way no-one will be suspicious of her coming and going while bringing stuff to the Ill'haress. Through the use of her blood and bone sorcery she can also alter hear features slightly (it's painful and doesn't have the same range as Ariel's shape-shifting though).

Going into Chel is not something I'd like to have only Li on though. I'd prefer if there were several others going in as well, to cover more ground and getting a better picture of the land, culture etc.

The scouts mission is terrain exploration and stealth at the moment, but our duties also include infiltration (if necessary) and general information gathering. The problem with limiting scouts to sneaking around and finding paths in the wilderness is that the practical P2P universe is more or less limited to the Greater Chel Cavern, which means that we will eventually run out of places to explore and reasons to sneak other than to support occasional military actions. So in the future it will be necessary for the scouts to morph into either a general intelligence gathering service (= spies) or an expeditionary force that goes on missions outside the caverns and far away from the rest of the clan (= the Tei'kaliath version of the Sarghress Highland Raiders).

Li: If you would like to join the scouts and help us when we go to the city, we would love to have you. With Ys'sa gone we are currently an all-guy group, so from a drow point of view we are in need of some female oversight, and who better than someone that reports directly to the Ill'haress?
Kir'ima
the scout

Postby Jaibyrd on Mon May 26, 2008 2:33 am

Random question (as I am full of them really): Back in the last EA, it says we found "several decorative items of little value" among all our new loot. For Lua'nar's next journal, she'll be drawing several of the objects we got (especially the apple) and I was wondering what those decorative items could be. Any suggestions, or to be more concise in my question, what "decorative items" would you like to see show up in her journal? *bigsmile*
Jaibyrd
Vel'akar

Postby Meckruco on Mon May 26, 2008 2:45 am

arm band, wrist braselet.. ancklet. ring or two.
Meckruco
Vel'akar

Postby Meska369 on Mon May 26, 2008 3:08 am

I think a quiet service for Quel's character would be good. Just something that we would do for ANY clan member.

I need to go read the comic now.
Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Location: When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain

Postby Novusod on Mon May 26, 2008 4:54 am

Jeriah wrote:Yes, let's line up all the slaves and have auditions.

"Hello, I'm a slaver, but I'm cute. Tee hee."
"You're free to go."
"Hello, everyone thinks I look like the Joker."
"Get on the execution block."
"I'm a slaver, just like her."
"You're a cow and an eyesore, get on the ****ing block!"

I wonder if we are going to make them beg in the nude.

poster

Heh. Novusod, you trying to put yourself out of the job? Either that or if Khan'zalika loses her slaves to compassion, you'll have to replace them all and work hard enough to make up for the lack of slave labor.

((Remember it is all contingent on new or lurking players stepping forward and claiming a character. I think maybe we get three or four players to step forward and claim one and the rest will end up staying as NPCs to turn into slaves for me to oversee. We have 24 total potential slaves so if 4 get let go the two wounded ones die that leaves 18 slaves for 3 people to watch around the clock. We still need more help in the slave quarters and the warriors are going to have to post a guard))

You can lead a Koa'naka to water but you can't make it drink. I fear many will be enslaved despite my best efforts to free them.
Novusod
Demon

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre