The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: EA: Day 14- Healing, New Supplies, Ongaurd & StoneWork

Postby dialacton21 on Sat May 17, 2008 3:23 pm

I hope the collapse wall idea will work out. The slavers have this big guy. Maybe he'll bust out and slaughter our builders. :0 :U
dialacton21
Summoner

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Finish on Sat May 17, 2008 5:42 pm

dialacton21 wrote:I hope the collapse wall idea will work out. The slavers have this big guy. Maybe he'll bust out and slaughter our builders. :0 :U

Well not only the big guy. Everyone else with a weapon could take down the unarmed builders. I hope the warriors are nearby and ready to protect us. ;)
Finish
Merc on vacation

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Hetros on Sat May 17, 2008 5:49 pm

Let's just hope they don't expect this... I'm hoping for a situation like this

Slaver1: "THOSE GUYS ARE INSANE!"
Slaver2: "I know, calm down, we need to figure out how t- do you hear something?"
Slaver1: "Like what? wait... yeah... like... digging?"
Slaver2: "They wouldn't?"
Slaver1: "EVERYONE OU-"
-building collapses-
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Jeriah on Sat May 17, 2008 5:57 pm

kirio wrote:Like I said, treat each of them separately. We may find useful servants or maybe even a valuable friend among this riff-raff.

How do you propose we identify who we can trust and who we can't though? When looking at a hangman's noose, it's not too difficult to imagine that they would do whatever they could to preserve their lives. If given an opportunity to live, it would be the nature of any human or drow to take that opportunity unless they had an overwhelming sense of pride. Throw pride to the wind, live another day, and wait for the chance to escape allowing them to exact revenge later. It's not an uncommon story, especially in the underworld.
Jeriah
Vel'akar

Postby weilong on Sat May 17, 2008 9:12 pm

Hetros wrote:Let's just hope they don't expect this... I'm hoping for a situation like this

Slaver2: "I know, calm down, we need to figure out how t- do you hear something?"
-building collapses-

I'll pray to the Goddess and I'll keep my fingers cross }:3
weilong
Demon

Postby Thorn on Sat May 17, 2008 9:53 pm

weilong wrote:
Hetros wrote:Let's just hope they don't expect this... I'm hoping for a situation like this

-building collapses-

I'll pray to the Goddess and I'll keep my fingers cross }:3

Same, but Murphy's law seems to be in effect lately. (I have a feeling Kern would make a scary DM)
Thorn
Demon

Postby Finish on Sat May 17, 2008 10:09 pm

Well they aren't that stupid after all. So what do we now?
Finish
Merc on vacation

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby weilong on Sat May 17, 2008 10:17 pm

VICTORY!!!! WE WIN!!!! THE GODDESS HAS ANSWERED OUR PRAYERS!!
weilong
Demon

Postby Novusod on Sat May 17, 2008 10:40 pm

Drat the jokerlady lived.

I am a bit confused as to why the Ill'haress offered them one last chance to live when that was not option to vote for. Has she already become an independent leader beyond our control. From what I can tell Shiir was planning to kill them as they staggered out of the dust.

Now we have 15 prisoners to deal with.
Novusod
Demon

Postby Tohya on Sat May 17, 2008 11:14 pm

Anjhali dislikes death currently, she had us dispose of the dead slaves rather than use their bodies and now she ordered the slavers to surrender rather then order them killed.

At this point we should strip them down to their clothing and shackle together and put them under guard while we decide what to do with them, or we could just turn them over to the slavemaster.

Hmm, it looks like the building collapsed, but the slavers were still in the smaller room, rather than the large one that was targeted for destruction, and ran out the door.

60 votes this time, about a third of the clan.
Tohya
Vel'akar

Postby Hetros on Sat May 17, 2008 11:58 pm

Good, people are getting active then.

Also, ideas on what to do with them:

I personally think we should strip them of weapons, and keep them detained with their own gear... question them... keep them separate from the slaves, this is because I SERIOUSLY doubt that they will get out of that unscathed... the Slaves could quite possibly use this chance to get some "pay-back", now yes, these aren't the ones who were their masters... but this isn't about logic, this is a bout fear and revenge, neither are logical things, and in leu of their former, probably cruel, masters, they'll take these guys I'll bet.

We get all the information on the area we can, they're more likely to understand the area... we keep them detained, well... maybe not indefinitely, but I doubt they'll make good slaves either, maybe there'll be someone willing to pay for their release, I want to find out.

This last part is important, before they are completely disarmed (and I mean practically stripped searched, they look like the type to have hidden weapons on them), then we don't let them close to the Il'haress... I don't trust the leader.

And I doubt the Il'haress will just let us kill them in cold blood.
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Frost Indri on Sun May 18, 2008 12:05 am

To heck with stripping them down to their clothing... make strip-search them. Then they can have some clothing back.

Heh... I'm glad Ka'hab doesn't have to deal with this. She's only involved with three captives. And they are injured. Mwa ha ha.
Frost Indri
Dragon of the Nether

Postby PenDragon on Sun May 18, 2008 12:10 am

When it comes to restraining the slavers, it's simple. Handle this like the police would: tell them to disarm (but include their armor as well), lie down on the ground with their hands behind their back, and then we'll restrain them while several warriors are ready to act if they make sudden moves.

Personally, I'd like to knock them unconscious after they're disarmed then restrain them, but that may be deemed a little excessive by some.

It'd be fun, though. }:3
PenDragon
Shard of the Old God

Postby Rulishia on Sun May 18, 2008 12:15 am

Goddess damn your eyes Novusod...

The Il'haress has NEVER been under our control. The only thing we can do is influence her by our advise and actions.

Even though we vote on actions in the leader archive, she is a creature all of her own making (or Kern's). I'm actually glad that she's taking her own actions and heartily approve of this turn of events (well, her actions in them).

Honestly I didn't think the slavers would surrender. I just hope that Joker doesn't have a trick or two that she thinks that she can use.

If at all possible we should divest them of any armor and weapons.
However, I seriously don't believe that we should kill them all as has been voiced constantly in this and other forums. They have surrendered and should be treated as P.O.W.s. After gaining what gear we can from them (and I seriously think it should be ALL their gear). I suggest that we release them, in shame, back to their 'people'.

I know that some of us are afraid that they'll bring back lots of friends to go for round 2. However, I do not believe that these people are the kind that really have lots of influence to call a vast number of mercs to their aid. Judging by their rather shoddy equipment.
Rulishia
Demon

Postby Jeriah on Sun May 18, 2008 12:32 am

They may not have a throng of allies at their disposal to get revenge with, but they can still spread rumors (especially false ones). That can be just as dangerous. Currently, we are off Chel's radar. Allowing them to report their findings to anyone or everyone in Chel may put us on the map at a stage we don't want to be.
Jeriah
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre