The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: Event Archive Updated: Day 13, Late

Postby Thalar on Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:27 am

Now that's a plan!
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Pariel on Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:51 am

*thumbs up*

May I add that prior to that, we make them go in a complicated pattern so they're lost too?
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Clan: Sharen

Postby weilong on Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:06 pm

*nod* thats a very good plan simple and effective!
weilong
Demon

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby kirio on Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:11 pm

...send them back to Chel naked.
I like the sound of that (really humiliate them), but that is a perfect way to create some really vindictive enemies. We'd be better off just killing them. Capturing them might work if their leader is killed. That nasty piece of work is never going to be trustworthy. Then, another leader may step forward that could be reasoned with and trusted once we get the upper hand.
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Miburo on Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:15 pm

Te breakout idea sounds good, if the scouts are capable of luring them into a narrow corridor that would also work in our advantage since they seem equiped with maily bulky weapons and we have spears and other things that don't require much space..
Miburo
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Pariel on Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:16 pm

kirio wrote:...send them back to Chel naked.
I like the sound of that (really humiliate them), but that is a perfect way to create some really vindictive enemies. We'd be better off just killing them. Capturing them might work if their leader is killed. That nasty piece of work is never going to be trustworthy. Then, another leader may step forward that could be reasoned with and trusted once we get the upper hand.

I may say it's a risk to be taken. We are incurring in too much bloodshed and we don't want the Ilharess to become a despotic one with no regard for life. Plus, I do not think they have much power to retaliate, either. Their parched rags and ill-fitting equipment makes these guys in par with the bottom Vloz soldiers. Nobody would ever help them into revenge other than the four or five buddies they might have.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Postby kirio on Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:23 pm

Pariel wrote:

I may say it's a risk to be taken. We are incurring in too much bloodshed and we don't want the Ilharess to become a despotic one with no regard for life.

We also want to survive. And if these jokers are a sample of what we're going to be up against. Failing to be ruthless when it is warranted will attract this kind of riff-raff like shit draws flies. There's a lot to be said for 'stick your hand in this cage and you'll draw back a stump'. It gets folks to leave you in peace.
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Pariel on Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:25 pm

kirio wrote:
Pariel wrote:

I may say it's a risk to be taken. We are incurring in too much bloodshed and we don't want the Ilharess to become a despotic one with no regard for life.

We also want to survive. And if these jokers are a sample of what we're going to be up against. Failing to be ruthless when it is warranted will attract this kind of riff-raff like shit draws flies. There's a lot to be said for 'stick your hand in this cage and you'll draw back a stump'. It gets folks to leave you in peace.

Hmm, and if we capture them and ask for a ransom? If not, we can always kill em, doing it the bloody way... :P
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Postby Finish on Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:30 pm

I like Zorlond's idea. A fake slave break-out could work.
Special the part, in which we send them home naked sounds good. But shouldn't we keep the sexy on for our harem? :D

Well I think we should kill them all. Even if they don't have friends they could be so pissed off them they come back and attacks us again. They don't have to be serious thread but they could be vexatious. The can steal or destory supplies, caputre Clan members and so on. And this time they would be more carefuly.
But on the other side, it's true our Illharess shouldn't become a second Quain ("What? You said me breast are to small? *throw unlucky guy into the wolf den after she had broken his legs and cut out his eyes*) Well we should kill everyone who offer resistance, but we should kill the wounded and they slavers who begging for their live. Those guys we should send back to Chel without their euqiment (but let them keep their cloths.) I think that's a good compromisse between to soft and to crule. :)
Finish
Merc on vacation

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Lady Tenkage on Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:35 pm

See, I'd disagree with the whole "strip them naked and send 'em home in humiliation", mostly because it's too merciful. Sending 'em home would only attract more attention to us before we're ready to handle it. I still think our best options are to kill 'em and dispose of the bodies, or find a favorable outcome for a partnership, or something. Other'n that, I love the rest of the idea!

Or, another option- have a group of our seasoned fighters bundle up, and huddle together as if they were the slaves. I say "fighters" and not "warriors" because we don't have too many warriors just yet, just a bunch of our best fighters. Lead the slavers to them, and when the slavers move to take them, the fighters retaliate in surprise. Then, those who were following can strike them from behind, while they're busy engaging the first group. Wipe them out in a pincer.

See, I'm getting the feeling that these guys are thinking of us as a bunch of frightened children. We give in to their demands too easily, and they'll think we're nothing but cowards to be taken advantage of, and I can't stand that idea.
Lady Tenkage
Demon

Re: LA Updated: Day 13, Late - Cunning at work.

Postby Pariel on Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:41 pm

That's the beauty of the scam... Feign a weakness so others will try to take advantage because of their greedy nature then blow it back at them. That's how the Spanish Prisoner and similar tricks do work. And they have fallen for it. :P
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Postby Hetros on Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:20 pm

I'd suggest using the architect's technique to drop a building on them... but some how I doubt they'd stay inside any building of ours alone for long... and I don't think their equipment would survive.
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Dice Warwick on Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:29 pm

Zorlond wrote:How about if we fake a slave break-out? Here's how I see it:

Slavers come around a corner, see our scout troup running away quickly, someone standing nearby calling out alarm "Hey! The slaves are escaping!" or something similar.

Slavers give chase, intent on catching and claiming their prey. Some of our people go with them, just behind, ostensibly to 'help''.

As they run, trailing slavers are tackled and restrained. No doubt some of them will start yelling. "Betrayal!" This gets the attention of the slavers in front.

It also signals the scout troup to pull a 180... Straight into the remaining, distracted slavers. They'd be hard pressed to fight on two fronts at once.

And we don't kill. We capture, strip them naked, thank them for the armor and weapons, then send them on their way back to Chel... They'd be lucky if they only lost their jobs. :)

Hmm I like that, we could also hit a few of em with the poision, I doubt the stuff is deadly in the form we have it in now, but it sould make them sick.

What would be a good idea would be to lull them into removing their armor, (An offer of repair their armor, and a few shirtless males standing around) Then surprise them with the foe-jail brake. when they start running hit the slow ones with the poison blow-darts that the craters made, (more likely they become confused and not yell for help) when the other slavers finally get to the fake slaves they find themselves in the middle of the warmasters dean. We then use the poison darts some more, knock them out strip them of anything elss of value....

OOoo we could keep them as slaves, or sell them as slaves! But in the end we would show them that we are strong, but not mindless ogers.
Last edited by Dice Warwick on Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dice Warwick
Morrock Oracle

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Lady Tenkage on Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:34 pm

O.o ..."Ogers"? What's an oger? Wait, you mean ogre?
Lady Tenkage
Demon

Postby Thorn on Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:44 pm

Well, we could combine my plan and the slave 'breakout' plan.

We can have our martial arts masters act as the slaves (they dont need to be armed becasue its martial arts!) then when they lead them somewhere, we collapse the area behind them, traping them into only going one way, into a line of our soldiers with spears and such!

How does that sound?
Thorn
Demon

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre