The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: EA Updated: Day 13, Mid-Day

Postby Jeriah on Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:41 am

Meska369 wrote:Scouts = Run baby run! Just don't remember to stop before you get to the meeting and ask what is going on first. Seriously want this meeting to go well and you guys are important to us!

Nah, watch them mess it up like when we took the ruins. *smirk*
Jeriah
Vel'akar

Postby PenDragon on Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:54 am

Meska369 wrote:Engineer = STUPID PUMP!!! WORK DARN YOU! *kicks pump before hopping about * OWowowowowowowowowowww!!! Waaaa!

Hmmm... *ooo* Perhaps that pump needs an offer it can't refuse?

You'd be amazed at how compliant inanimate objects can be when you start taking a sledgehammer to it.
PenDragon
Shard of the Old God

Postby Zorlond on Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:36 am

"Okay, what did you do to it?"
"Emergency Repair Procedure Number One."
"You kicked it?"

One of the best old-sci-fi movie lines ever. *wee*
Zorlond
Vel'akar

Postby Jeriah on Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:43 am

"This is how we fix things on Russian space station!"
Jeriah
Vel'akar

Postby Meska369 on Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:02 am

OMG!!!

THAT ONE IS MY FAVORITE!

Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone!!!

Chalmers is one of my favorite engineer and "You can't have me" love interest/Android.

Zorland... *she cries and Glomps her* I THINK I LOVE YOU!
Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Location: When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Dice Warwick on Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:51 am

"All your bases are belong to use" }:3

I really should try to do a chibbie joke comment of us :x
Dice Warwick
Morrock Oracle

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Miburo on Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:51 pm

New update in the leader archive, and things aren't looking good. The people that betted on them being slavehunter congradulations. It doesn't look like they will be satisfied with us giving them the direction the slaves went off to. if we have no other option I am prepared to let my slaves go but we still lack 13 and they don't seem to want to settle for less. But better options would be nice.
Miburo
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Thorn on Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:04 pm

I dont want us to give in, otherwise it simply gives a go ahead for other parties to take advantage of us.

We have to get violent.

A war will get us slaughtered, so we need to think outside of the box.

We could use the weak architecture of the ruins (where my character knows where) and crush them underneath!

Well....we DO have to think outside of the box though..
Thorn
Demon

Re: LA Updated: Day 13, Mid-Day - Brazen Visitors

Postby weilong on Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:30 pm

do you think we can make use of the toxic moss that Elif found? maybe we can make an airborne substance that can be used
weilong
Demon

Postby Frost Indri on Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:57 pm

The critter. How can we spook their critter. THat would be a big disctraction for them.

And we are not bowing to the whims of a Joker-look alike. Grrrrr...
Frost Indri
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Jeriah on Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:03 pm

The option for diplomacy is still open. They're operating under the assumption that we aren't a clan. Meaning they may currently view us as a ragtag group of runaway slaves, barely bound together by mutual distrust. In which case, one good push and we would crumble, as was demonstrated by the former occupants of the ruins. This assumption wouldn't surprise me since this isn't the first time they've come here looking for slaves. So if we inform them to the contrary and perhaps even demonstrate that we're a united force, not a group on the verge of crumbling, they may back off.

Being Drow and believing themselves in an advantageous position, of course they're going to make demands. They think our defense consists of a handful of whelps with slings, which would be hard pressed to match their 14-16 of decently armed. However, we have almost their number in warriors (although barely enough weapons to supply them all) and a supporting group of over 150. Rational thought should be, at least in the back of their minds, that they don't want a full scale encounter as it wouldn't be a matter of whether they lose or not, but how many they can fell before they're overrun themselves.
Jeriah
Vel'akar

Postby Frost Indri on Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:08 pm

I think we need to give a show of organized force. Saber Rattling would not be out of place here, and just might do the job.
Frost Indri
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Thorn on Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:08 pm

Jeriah wrote:The option for diplomacy is still open. They're operating under the assumption that we aren't a clan. Meaning they may currently view us as a ragtag group of runaway slaves, barely bound together by mutual distrust. In which case, one good push and we would crumble, as was demonstrated by the former occupants of the ruins. This assumption wouldn't surprise me since this isn't the first time they've come here looking for slaves. So if we inform them to the contrary and perhaps even demonstrate that we're a united force, not a group on the verge of crumbling, they may back off.

Being Drow and believing themselves in an advantageous position, of course they're going to make demands. They think our defense consists of a handful of whelps with slings, which would be hard pressed to match their 14-16 of decently armed. However, we have almost their number in warriors (although barely enough weapons to supply them all) and a supporting group of over 150. Rational thought should be, at least in the back of their minds, that they don't want a full scale encounter as it wouldn't be a matter of whether they lose or not, but how many they can fell before they're overrun themselves.

Perhaps, but they can just come back with more, these guys look like they wont take no for an answer.

Threats wont work against these guys, look how insane they look.

Plus, their supplies would be a HUGE bonus for us.
Thorn
Demon

Postby Jeriah on Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:16 pm

Thorn wrote:Perhaps, but they can just come back with more, these guys look like they wont take no for an answer.

Threats wont work against these guys, look how insane they look.

Plus, their supplies would be a HUGE bonus for us.

It doesn't surprise me that they look like they wouldn't take no for an answer. In the cutthroat society that we live in, if you look like you'll accept no as an answer, that's all you'll ever hear. Appearances can be deceiving. But I digress, my intention isn't necessarily in support of being obsequious. Just trying to keep all our options on the table. I'll share the rest of my thoughts at a later time to hopefully allow more options from others appear.
Jeriah
Vel'akar

Postby PenDragon on Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:33 pm

Great... somehow I knew it would come to this, which is why I didn't want to talk to those visiting fools in the first place.

But now that it happened, there is only one recourse: KILL THEM. }:3

If we let them escape or wander off, they can easily bring reinforcements in our direction. What we need to do is make them disappear without a trace. Kill them when they're off their guard, kill them quickly, dispose of the bodies, and scrub their gear to make it unrecognizable.

We'll have to wait and see how they camp themselves, but if they're the pros that I think they are, they aren't going to make things easy for us.
PenDragon
Shard of the Old God

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre