The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: EA: Day 11 - Mid-Day

Postby Zafia on Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:03 pm

kirio wrote:BTW, there appears to be a passage, a large cavern, and another passage between us and the cavern holding Chel.
http://www.drowtales.com/~pathtopower/archive_events.php?order=date&id=7&overview=1&chibi=1&cover=1&extra=1&page=1&check=1

Either of these passageways could be watched or even defended (if it comes to that). However, if this is a trade route of some sort we're going to attract more unwanted attention rather than less trouble if we fortify one of these passageways.

I pretty sure that it's a passage and then you see the not yet settled outskirts of the Chel cavern, then you see the populated part of Chel around the light pillar, I don't thinks it's another cavern and passage though.
Zafia
Tainted

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Hetros on Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:14 pm

Zorlond wrote:Right, sounds like I should do another sweep around the ruin's immediate area for any potential mining/quarry sites. (heck we'll need stone too for construction)

good thing you get both from mines... if we have extra weapons we can reshape them into mining tools. We'll need them to mine fresh ore... which we'll need to make not only everything else, but slave collars/shackles or something!
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Serantis on Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:19 pm

Leaders Archive Updated Y'all

Looks like we are getting the most ranked positions than ever before in one week. Go get'em Ros'ij and good luck to all the other applicants for the various positions.
Serantis
Demon

Postby AuroraDragonKaya on Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:29 pm

Hey everyone! Sorry for the painfully long absence....
Ros'ij, congratulations! <3 I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Anyway, just wanted to let people know I'm back, I'll slip backc now until I have something important to say. ^.^;;
AuroraDragonKaya
Demon

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Meska369 on Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:55 pm

Ros'ij, congrats! Told you that you had a great chance!

Glad to see you again ADK!

Hetros, That wall idea is exactly what I was thinking... Glad history can help us here if we chose to use it.

I'm going out for the Engineer role... I wanna make things that work! *Sifts through her designs as she chuckles to herself* this is gonna be so much fun.
Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Location: When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain

Postby Hetros on Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:16 am

one that note... what ranks do we need at the moment?
Supply master can keep up with the demand of supplies at the moment, but eventually we'll probably need a miner too to deal with ores and gems specifically.
Armorer may be called for soon... but we need more supplies in metal before I want to attempt that.

Diplomat and trader aren't necessary just yet...
errrrrrrrrm....

OH! And Magic User! think we need them too? they'll be useful in boosting EVERY ones abilities.
anything else?

edit: finally, my chibi concepts of each of our units eventually ^^ Oru is the model.
Warrior:
http://www.tektek.org/avatar/11690823
Scout:
http://www.tektek.org/avatar/11690572
Mage:
http://www.tektek.org/avatar/11691410
Assassin:
http://www.tektek.org/avatar/11691830
Member of Il'harress's Harem:
http://www.tektek.org/avatar/11691902

Thank you Oru for being the (possibly unwitting) volunteer for this demonstration ^^ I'm sure Ys'sa will want to see you afterwards in the last outfit.
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Re: Leader's Archive: Day 11 - Mid-Day

Postby Meska369 on Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:13 am

Sporran!!
Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Location: When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain

Postby tanarill on Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:07 am

Indeed. Sporran.

Heh. I can't wait to see what we do with this. I agree with Hetros' stoneworking plan, because murder holes are always fun. But also consider the Japanese castle gates. Unlike the western version, where you basically had two gates in a straight line, gate #2 was at a ninety degree angle from gate #1. The entire thing was basically a trap: you could get through gate #1 without sustaining too many casualties, using a battering ram, but there wasn't really enough room in the courtyard to build the momentum needed for a battering ram to work. And while you're standing around in there, the defenders are raining things down on you . . .

Good luck on becoming our head engineer, Meska! And if you ever want to geek over ideas with someone, I'm happy to volunteer XD

As for getting slave collars . . . why bother? We need a mage and an aura trick.

Do we actually have metal to mine, or do we need Quel to go find some?
tanarill
Summoner

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Hetros on Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:08 am

Meska369 wrote:Sporran!!

yep,those things are so useful for carrying other things, that way her harem is useful AND decorative.

and we need somebody to go find it... though I'd prefer him to FIRST get to the top of the cavern and give us a completed map if you know what I mean ^^;
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Meska369 on Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:07 am

Yeah, Sporran BEFORE a climb might be fun for some, but might kill too many people from the sight alone.

Thank you Tana! I love to geek. *A tiny clank waves at everyone after lifting Ar'lein's hat it was hiding under* It will be cool weather or not I get it.
Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Frost Indri on Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:28 pm

Hey, maybe we'll get lucky and find the perfectly shaped bit of metal in the ruins for a Sporran. :}
Frost Indri
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Kail'odian on Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:29 pm

Hetros wrote:Thank you Oru for being the (possibly unwitting) volunteer for this demonstration.

*Takes a bow.* I'll be sure to let Mari'ciel know to use her hammer on you if you get any more strange/wierd/wild ideas Hetros. 8P

I'm sure Ys'sa will want to see you afterwards in the last outfit.

:3
Kail'odian
Vel'akar

Clan: Sharen

Re: Event Archive Updated: Day 11 - Late

Postby Kail'odian on Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:25 pm

Event Archive is updated.

Anyone seen Nagimalice? There was no action from the Blacksmith this time. *wutno*

(600 posts, finally.)
Kail'odian
Vel'akar

Clan: Sharen

Postby Nagimalice on Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:59 pm

Irk... Yes that was my fault... Sorry about that.
Nagimalice
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby tanarill on Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:20 pm

Well, it isn't like you could have done much anyway. What with having no metal and all. I'm wary of stealing that big metal bar guarded by the golems . . . we're going to have to establish a mine or a trade route soon :/

Now we know that we will have to rebuild the ruins from pretty much the ground up, bit by bit. I think that some structurally sound housing units and workshops should come first. In the long term, we should build a giant, defensible death trap :3

As for Drazzial, nice outfit and welcome.
tanarill
Summoner

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre