The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: EA Updated; Day 10 Mid-Day: TEI'KALIATH UNITE!

Postby tanarill on Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:16 pm

Brains and blood are edible. Blood can be made into blood pudding, and monkey brains are considered a delicacy in certain places.
tanarill
Summoner
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:36 pm
Location: UTC-8
Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Re: EA Updated; Day 10 Mid-Day: TEI'KALIATH UNITE!

Postby dukeant on Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:25 pm

Has anyone here actually eaten blood pudding? Bleargh, cant stand the stuff, however you can make awesome pancakes using blood.
dukeant
Summoner
 
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:17 pm
Location: Here, there and everywhere.
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: EA Updated; Day 10 Mid-Day: TEI'KALIATH UNITE!

Postby Hetros on Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:07 pm

Here's the low down. We're going to be found out whether we like it or not.

We secure the ruins ASAP, that means we need an architect. We may have captured some slaves, we may not have. We can take them captive, bring the back to health (they've been stoned, and not the drugging kind of stoned, they're going to be out of commission of a few days), and take them as slaves.

Personally, I think it would be better if we simply got them back to health, and made them indentured servants for the resources they used up caring for them. Once they've repaid us with their work, we give them the choice to stay permanently as "slaves" though without collars and such, or to go free. We just don't have the materials to keep them here against their will, especially when we need to get to work repairing the place. We need the metals to make arms and armor, and we need every man available to help rebuild the fortress. Nobody can be spared to keep them here if they just want to leave. So unless we find shackles and a lockable room, they'll be able to get away. I think it would be best if we let them go with better memories of us ehn? Maybe spread the word, the slaves may come back when they hear the offer we give those who freely join with us.

As for what rank is next?

If we decide to keep slaves definitely slave master. but what we DESPERATELY need is an Architect. Once the Ruins are secured that should be the first thing we get. But there's no reason we can't get both up at once. Should we elect? Like we did with Warmaster? or should we simply leave it to a first come-first serve basis like we have in the past? There's precedent for either, but personally I'd prefer to go with Election if there is anyone who wants the position, otherwise leave it up to chance.

After those two (assuming we get slaves as well), then it should probably be Armorer next, though I get the feeling there should be something else more important than Armorer that should come first...

Maybe a (and god I hate using the term after the fiasco last time, but "Wizard" and "Mage" don't seem to fit) a Faern, no all encompassing role like that horrendous event last time. He is the Ranked magic user of the Clan, and in charge of teaching the Il'haress how to use her magic, and that's IT, nothing else.
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether
 
Posts: 3219
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:06 am
Location: Ther'avar Forge
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: EA Updated; Day 10 Mid-Day: TEI'KALIATH UNITE!

Postby Zafia on Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:55 pm

If we are going to do it then we should do it by the river down stream of the camp so the blood and guts can just drain/be tossed into the river for disposal, Unless someone want the blood >.>

We don't know where that river leads to, what if it goes right into Chel where many someones will see it? So much for low profile, that would be a dead ringer that something was up here and that it killed lots of drow, we would be labeled as a possible threat far before we are ready to deal with anyone from Chel.
We atleast need to put his head on a stick on the perimeter of our new home.

Please no... :( I don't want us to look like savages, we gave them a fair chance and they turned it down. But doing that would only enforce what the slaves thought about us being filthy Vals...
Should we elect? Like we did with Warmaster? or should we simply leave it to a first come-first serve basis like we have in the past?

Elect, definitely, with more subscribers the risk of some random person nobody knows taking and important ranked position rises, doing even very simple elections ensures against that.

I think we should use every part of the dead slaves that we can, that includes bones (skulls included if we can find a use, like bowls made from the top of the skull or something...), flesh, and organs. We are in no position to turn down nutritious food, whether or not it makes us squirm with disgust in real life. The skin I just can't see as useful, it's just so thin! I mean, we can see our veins though it and it is just punctured so easily... If any slaves are still alive... well... I know we decided on no mercy, but now that we have won and the battle is over (for now), I think it would benefit use to show compassion to them. I like the idea of healing them, making them work (not like slaves though) until they have earned what they used up (and maybe a little extra :w ) and then extend an offer to any who are willing to help us to join the clan (equally, though low rank of course), and set the rest free, they would remember our kindness, even if they still hate us. That could very well come in handy later in some as of yet unseen way.

I think after we move into the ruins an Architect rank is definitely needed. I don't know if Shiir's Warmaster rank extends to defense, but that would be needed too. After that, I think appointing someone to be our Magic Master (or something... ^^; ) would be good to do. It would be beneficial to have magic-users in our forces, if that's what a faern is then by all means yes, but for some reason I got the feeling faerns were only male, though there were still females who were masters of the High Arts. But I could be completely wrong! ^^;
Zafia
Tainted
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:34 pm
Location: Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: EA Updated; Day 10 Mid-Day: TEI'KALIATH UNITE!

Postby Hetros on Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:05 am

I have no idea, forget Faern, just call it Scorcerer, or Magic-User rank then, Faern has some baggage attached that I'd prefer to avoid anyway...
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether
 
Posts: 3219
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:06 am
Location: Ther'avar Forge
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Leader's A. Updated - Day 10 Mid-Day: VIC-TOR-EEE!

Postby Kail'odian on Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:43 am

Updated Archive: VIC-TOR-EEE !!! Tei'kaliath FTW! :D
User avatar
Kail'odian
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1313
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:53 pm
Location: Xyrrai'zestu Hall of Honour
Clan: Sharen

Re: Leader's A. Updated - Day 10 Mid-Day: VIC-TOR-EEE!

Postby Serantis on Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:49 am

Finally a place to raise my Tikki tik death squad }:3
Serantis
Demon
 
Posts: 681
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:28 pm
Location: Sitting on a rock being VERY happy.
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Leader's A. Updated - Day 10 Mid-Day: VIC-TOR-EEE!

Postby tanarill on Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:03 am

I hope you mean crack breakdancing Tik squad. I really hope you do.
tanarill
Summoner
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:36 pm
Location: UTC-8
Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Re: Leader's A. Updated - Day 10 Mid-Day: VIC-TOR-EEE!

Postby Frost Indri on Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:16 am

THe blood makes for fertilizer. So, no, don't just dump it in the water. Find a potential field or "compost heap" for the cleaning of bodies.

Alternative-non-canablistic possibilities for the bodies-

Hunting. I mean, dead body's going to attract some sort of scavenger, isn't it? Giant Spider, tasty bugs... something. Just put together a hunter group or something, take a body out, set up a trap, cut the guts open and leave it there as the bate for the trap. :)

Puppets. ... Well, they DID do it during the French Revolution, You know.

ummm... According to the "class" film "Bucket of blood" you can just cover a body in clay and get an instant sculpture. (by classic I mean it's not even "B" movie material. )

If we want to use the guts for anything we're going to have to smoke them. That, I think, means harvesting and drying more algae.
Frost Indri
Dragon of the Nether
 
Posts: 4024
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:08 pm
Location: Shhh. We can't tell you, you might eat us.
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Leader's A. Updated - Day 10 Mid-Day: VIC-TOR-EEE!

Postby Finish on Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:28 am

Frost Indri wrote:THe blood makes for fertilizer. So, no, don't just dump it in the water. Find a potential field or "compost heap" for the cleaning of bodies.

Alternative-non-canablistic possibilities for the bodies-

Hunting. I mean, dead body's going to attract some sort of scavenger, isn't it? Giant Spider, tasty bugs... something. Just put together a hunter group or something, take a body out, set up a trap, cut the guts open and leave it there as the bate for the trap. :)



That sounds like a far better idea. :) Maybe we could catch some of those blind millepede. They are large and have a lot of meat. :)
User avatar
Finish
Merc on vacation
 
Posts: 3326
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:43 pm
Location: Germany
Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Re: Leader's A. Updated - Day 10 Mid-Day: VIC-TOR-EEE!

Postby DarkLilly on Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:30 am

Lillith is a Battle Sorcerer <.< >.> so she would love to join that post or right under who ever is selected to post =p
DarkLilly
Nether Spawn
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:07 pm
Location: Tei'kaliath Refugee Camp
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: EA Updated; Day 10 Mid-Day: TEI'KALIATH UNITE!

Postby Thalar on Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:55 am

dukeant wrote:Has anyone here actually eaten blood pudding? Bleargh, cant stand the stuff, however you can make awesome pancakes using blood.


We used to, when I was a kid. Fried in a pan, then served with syrup. Quite allright.
User avatar
Thalar
Melon Berserker
 
Posts: 4718
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:41 pm
Location: Tei'kaliath healing station
Clan: Jaal'darya

Re: EA Updated; Day 10 Mid-Day: TEI'KALIATH UNITE!

Postby DarkLilly on Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:45 pm

Thalar wrote:
dukeant wrote:Has anyone here actually eaten blood pudding? Bleargh, cant stand the stuff, however you can make awesome pancakes using blood.


We used to, when I was a kid. Fried in a pan, then served with syrup. Quite allright.


Oh yes she knows a pretty good gravy recipe, which turns into a pudding recipe if you add flour and stuff.
DarkLilly
Nether Spawn
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:07 pm
Location: Tei'kaliath Refugee Camp
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Leader's A. Updated - Day 10 Mid-Day: VIC-TOR-EEE!

Postby Thalar on Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:16 pm

Like I just proposed in the shoutbox; We need a work force to rebuild the fortress. We can't afford to let the unconscious slaves go unless we have no means to keep them with us. And I don't think we were given the chance to take slaves only to lose them again.

And another thing. If we let them join us, they will disappear -poof- in game mechanics terms. Because every clan member represents one subscriber. We don't get more subscribers by adding people as clan members, despite our good intentions.
We didn't get any more clan members when I treated the 29 starved people, and told them to take charge of their own lives and contribute something to the clan they were now members of. What we did get, was 29 clan members who the ranked could actually call upon to help them - unlike all the other members, who don't seem to be giving a rat's tail about the work which needs to be done.

You might say, "but they were slaves too, and that worked just fine!" but the thing is, they were met with kindness from the start. Also, they were always part of the 180 members, we just didn't know they had once been slaves.

The current situation might be similar in some respects, but it is also quite different. The slaves in the ruins were not only frightened of us, but they also threatened us, they attacked us, and they do not trust us. Also, we've given them quite a beating. They're also from a foreign city, might be marked by their previous owners somehow - which means that eventually someone's gonna come track them down. That may already be happening.
Of course, that could be a very good vote for the "let them go" option.

Personally I say we call "Finders, keepers". If the previous owners come and see their escaped slaves have new owners, they might react badly to it, but imagine what they would do if they saw a bunch of people calling themselves a clan, and the escaped slaves gallivanting about as free "members" of the clan? They'd think we were all escaped slaves, and we'd suffer badly for it for a long time to come.
User avatar
Thalar
Melon Berserker
 
Posts: 4718
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:41 pm
Location: Tei'kaliath healing station
Clan: Jaal'darya

Re: Leader's A. Updated - Day 10 Mid-Day: VIC-TOR-EEE!

Postby Thorn on Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:26 pm

Thalar wrote:Like I just proposed in the shoutbox; We need a work force to rebuild the fortress. We can't afford to let the unconscious slaves go unless we have no means to keep them with us. And I don't think we were given the chance to take slaves only to lose them again.

And another thing. If we let them join us, they will disappear -poof- in game mechanics terms. Because every clan member represents one subscriber. We don't get more subscribers by adding people as clan members, despite our good intentions.
We didn't get any more clan members when I treated the 29 starved people, and told them to take charge of their own lives and contribute something to the clan they were now members of. What we did get, was 29 clan members who the ranked could actually call upon to help them - unlike all the other members, who don't seem to be giving a rat's tail about the work which needs to be done.

You might say, "but they were slaves too, and that worked just fine!" but the thing is, they were met with kindness from the start. Also, they were always part of the 180 members, we just didn't know they had once been slaves.

The current situation might be similar in some respects, but it is also quite different. The slaves in the ruins were not only frightened of us, but they also threatened us, they attacked us, and they do not trust us. Also, we've given them quite a beating. They're also from a foreign city, might be marked by their previous owners somehow - which means that eventually someone's gonna come track them down. That may already be happening.
Of course, that could be a very good vote for the "let them go" option.

Personally I say we call "Finders, keepers". If the previous owners come and see their escaped slaves have new owners, they might react badly to it, but imagine what they would do if they saw a bunch of people calling themselves a clan, and the escaped slaves gallivanting about as free "members" of the clan? They'd think we were all escaped slaves, and we'd suffer badly for it for a long time to come.


I agree, we need to use them, and get this fortress ready. Now that we actually made a presence of ourselves, and the fact the slaves got away, it is just a matter of time before someone finds us. The best option I can see is to heal the fallen slaves and try to make them comply, and failing that, force I suppose. We do need this thing built. An architect rank is probably a good idea.
Thorn
Demon
 
Posts: 513
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:56 pm
Clan: Tei'kaliath

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest