The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: LA Updated; Day 10 Early/Follow Up - It's the Duel

Postby kirio on Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:33 pm

Medea is absolutely right. Our first priority is securing the ruins for our use.

Hfar,
The kind of information we need from the slaves aren't things that are closely held secrets in Chel. We need to know:
1 whose in charge (ruling clans)
2 what their keys to power are (their MO)
3 what the state of political stability is (is their currently a war occurring or just ended?)
Just getting them to tell us about life in Chel will get a first approximation summary.

A single person could lead us into a trap because of our ignorance, but a group interviewed separately couldn't coordinate their lies. ;)
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Finish on Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:39 pm

Someone could also argue that we could be nicer than normal Drows becuase we know what happens if everybody tries to be strongest. The civil war in our old city probably dosen't happend because someone said "Let's sit down and talk about our problems." Therefore we could understand that it's some times better to show mercy. Even Drow know that (otherwise we would play AD&D), the Shargress accept runaway goblins as soldiers for example.

But I can understand that many people fear that the we could be seen as weaklings if we are to nice. Even if I not agree with them.

In facour of giving the slaves another chance:
+ The hide in the ruins and know they territory better than we - a bloody urban warfare
+ Maybe some of them could be useful members for the clan. They are slaves but that means the had to do hard work or very skilled in a special field
+ We can get more informations from them if we don't enslave them. People tell you more if they like you.
+ If we enslave them we need to imprisson and guard them - slave riots are not nice.

Against giving the slaves another chance:
+ They could think we are weak and try to betray us from inside
+ They could run away if theres an oppertunity and soon the whole city knows about us
+ We could piss of some Clan if the notice that we have theire runaways in our clan

Well I'm still for give them chance. Maybe shout in the ruins that they have a half an hour to decide what they do. Maybe some run away, maybe some agree to join our clan (in a low rank) and the rest will fight against us anyway. But how less we have to fight how more members of the clan will survive.

Well in the end it's depends on the votes, what we will do.
Finish
Merc on vacation

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Re: EA Updated; Day 10 Mid-Day: TEI'KALIATH UNITE!

Postby Kail'odian on Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:24 am

Event Archive has updated: CHARGE!!!! *wee*
--

Only one thing I'm wondering about: did we capture the defacto female leader of the slaves yet?
Last edited by Kail'odian on Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kail'odian
Vel'akar

Clan: Sharen

Postby Madea on Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:37 am

The only problem with giving them time is a half-hour to decide is a half-hour to prepare.

If we operate under the assumption that they're capable combatants waiting to ambush us, a half-cycle is only going to give them extra time to get ready. If we operate under the assumption that they're scared slaves, a half-cycle won't make a difference. You've seen the Events page; we need to utilize the momentum of the battle and continue our decisiveness of action, or else we'll lose it. Nothing like riding the wave of a morale boost to go kick some tail.

Sadly, the moment for diplomacy has gone; you can't negotiate on the run, it sends mixed messages. Act now, sort it out later.

It doesn't mean we have to be barbaric about it. I have no problem with issuing terms of surrender. i.e. - "If you wish to live, kneel on the ground with your hands on top of your head. Anyone not in this pose when we get in there will be considered an enemy and killed. This is your only warning."

They can see we aren't taking any crap, so this will either be a brutal fight (possible, but we have the advantage of training, equipment and morale at the moment), an easy submission, or they'll scatter. Either way, the ruins are ours, and that's the goal!
Madea
Pineapple Warmaster

Location: In EVA above Green Ball, surrounded by Space Kitties!
Clan: Sharen

Postby Nagimalice on Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:51 am

I'd say keep pressing the attack, Seeing as their 'bravest ones' were the group that tried to go after Yssa.

As far as drow brutality goes, for us to be a blood-thirsty clan we would kill ((or turn in to demonic servants ^^; )) all the slaves that were just KO'd in the fight, rather than say capture them.
Nagimalice
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Hfar on Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:18 am

kirio wrote:A single person could lead us into a trap because of our ignorance, but a group interviewed separately couldn't coordinate their lies. ;)

(Naw, it's more like if they all decide they hate us and keep their yaps shut, but right now that's a moot point.)

I agree. At this point it's better to push forward now. At this point the only reason we would give them time is if we needed it to regroup, which I highly doubt we need to. We'll wait and see what happens, but at this point it's up to the warriors to decide how this plays out. Go get em guys (but please try not to kill to many babies while you're in there! ^^; )
Hfar
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Tohya on Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:54 am

Since we did not suffer any losses, and have the opportunity to better equip our forces using the weapons discarded by the slaves. I no long have reservations about pressing the attack.
Tohya
Vel'akar

Postby Serantis on Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:54 am

MmmMmm Babies are tender and juicy

Actually im pretty sure there are no chieldren in there, ofcourse i could be wrong and personally i plan on trying not to kill any of them unless i have to.
Serantis
Demon

Postby Miburo on Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:15 am

Alright this'll show them not to mess with our clan :V

I know it's not my decision but maybe the scouts should send one or two people to look for the wounded slave that got away. There must be a reason that it was mentioned, he might lead us to another entrance to the ruins, if we do nothing it might come back and stab us in the back later. The latter could also be my paranoia acting up ofcourse. o_O
Miburo
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Lord Stone on Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:39 am

Indeed... we need to find the one that escaped for a myriad of reasons. Aside from that, it has to be surrender or die I'm afraid. We're in a battle now, stop the battle and the slaves will break up, scatter. Some might still try to flee for the ruins, some might flee elsewhere with all the info they gathered here. On top of that, the leader needs to be captured, preferably alive. If she doesn't surrender, she needs to be subdued. She can be of future use, plus capturing her might end the battle completely if we play it right.
Lord Stone
Nether Spawn

Postby kirio on Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:37 am

It looks like everyone's basically in agreement over what to do.
We are going to need to set up a holding pen for the slaves that are captured.
We also want those that give up peacefully held separately. A slave master could be put in control of them, but we're going to have to figure out on a case by case basis whether the ones captured after this melee are worth the trouble to keep around. The jokers that fought us are going to need an armed guard for the time being. *rolleyes*
We could also offer food to the ones that give up peacefully. It would help to communicate our benign intentions. B)
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Finish on Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:19 pm

I think the reason the one slave escaped is that the he could told his friends in the ruins what happens. But better send out the scouts to look for them.
Anyway, I'm still for give the remaining slaves in the ruins a last chance, even if it's very unlikly they will change their mind after we killed/captured so many of there friends.
And we shold perare for a close combats in the ruin.
Before we go in we should loot the slaves lying on the ground and imprission all who are still alive.
Finish
Merc on vacation

Postby tanarill on Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:31 pm

I agree. I still don't like the idea of close combat in the ruins, but it looks like short of a siege we're not going to get them out, and we really don't want a seige.

As for the slaves, I agree with imprisoning the live ones, but we aren't just going to loot the dead ones. We need the protein, and if we have a skinner/tanner, we should make some leather too.
tanarill
Summoner

Postby Frost Indri on Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:09 pm

.... Skinning and Tanning might just fall to me. Let me say this once and for all--- EEEEeeeeeeeeewwwwwwww.
Frost Indri
Dragon of the Nether

Postby tanarill on Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:48 pm

Frost Indri wrote:EEEEeeeeeeeeewwwwwwww.

Quit being such a human XD.

>.> We may also want to do something with the bones. Shoulderblades are wide and flat, and I know tibias (tibiae?) are pretty strong . . .
tanarill
Summoner

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre