The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: Event Archive Updated; Day 10 Early

Postby Madea on Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:49 am

I am in agreement with everyone that the loudmouth needs to die first. I echo the opinion of several; even if the quiet lady is the more influential, it is the loud male that is the rallying point. If we took out the lady, it stands to reason the loudmouth would still retain control through virtue of browbeating. I'm willing to bet that breaking him will break their courage.

I'm going to wait until the next page goes up, as I've been asked, before putting in any action but right now my goal is the duel.

If we win, it gives us a springboard boost to anything else we do with a minimum amount of effort and risk. Beat loudmouth, offer ultimatum and (because they'll probably not listen) then charge. They consider us a threat, and we need to capitalize on that; nothing is more demoralizing then fighting an enemy that isn't afraid of you. That goes for both sides, unfortunately.

If we lose the duel, well, that'll probably give the slaves a hope to win; in that case, for the safety of the Ilharess, pull back. Find another way; maybe hook up with those lights and hope they're slavers and that we can negotiate to help them to get the slaves. Or just pull back and wait quietly for the slavers and slaves to handle their business and move in after they leave.

Second Disclaimer: This is a preliminary post, of course; the next page may change everything. We'll adapt accordingly!

If the unfortunate event of Shiir dying occurs, I will, of course, unsubscribe and let someone else take the ranked slot. I'll make a new character, of course, but someone else can give the position a try. :3
Madea
Pineapple Warmaster

Location: In EVA above Green Ball, surrounded by Space Kitties!
Clan: Sharen

Postby Serantis on Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:03 am

I still dont like the idea of risking Shiir or any of the ranked members to a duel but i also understand why you would want to be the one, cause if i were in your place i would also insist it were me and not my warriors. Meh its not my decision but it doesnt mean ill be happy about it >.> , And i agree we shouldnt retreat we should press our advantage of intimidation and keep them fearful of us.
Now its just time waiting for the leaders archive to update O.o
Serantis
Demon

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby kirio on Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:33 am

Madea wrote:If the unfortunate event of Shiir dying occurs, I will, of course, unsubscribe and let someone else take the ranked slot. I'll make a new character, of course, but someone else can give the position a try. :3

*blink-blink* Wow! I really hope Shiir survives this (it sure will make the illharess starry-eyed XD ), but that sets a high standard for ranked members, Medea. *applause* *beer* As they say in Japan, "Sasuga!" (that is to be expected of one of such caliber!)
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Lord Stone on Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:05 pm

Of course Shiir would want to take him on himself... as would any of his warriors most likely. I reckon most of the warriors would rather have their own ass at stake rather than the warmaster's... but of course, Shiir has the final call on who should fight him, he's the warmaster after all.
Lord Stone
Nether Spawn

Re: Leader A. Updated; Day 10 Early

Postby suntiger745 on Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:55 am

Not really. An'jhali picked Shiir, so he's the one who's going to duel.
suntiger745
Kern's minion

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Madea on Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:26 am

True, and he called Shiir a 'warpussy', so he can't exactly go "mmm, no, I'm not going to fight you. You're beneath me. Here, fight Oru." Will almost assuredly result in more taunting.

Honestly, Oru or Ys'sa would have been excellent choices, as both ranked extremely highly in the Tir'ay competition. And there will be more opportunities for that in the future. Believe me, with a strife-filled world like the drowtales one, we'll have more conflict. In fact, if at all possible, I would like to approach any combat situation with a duel first; we could spread the love around.
Madea
Pineapple Warmaster

Location: In EVA above Green Ball, surrounded by Space Kitties!
Clan: Sharen

Postby Thalar on Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:27 am

Tough love.
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Serantis on Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:54 am

Ok Shiir ignore all i said above and whip his ass into the dirt, Ahem Warpussy Hahah probable just trying to make himself fell better about getting his ass whipped. Anyway i pulling for you Shiir , personally i dont think your going to lose but Bob keeps whispering strange things in my ear. >.<
Serantis
Demon

Postby Lady Tenkage on Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:41 am

Okay, I admit it. I WANNA WHUP THAT GUY ONE!!!!
Lady Tenkage
Demon

Postby DarkLilly on Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:36 am

You can do it :bows her head: she's certain :giggles a little: not sure that makes us win though....
DarkLilly
Nether Spawn

Postby Nagimalice on Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:17 am

the one thing i worry about is even with Shirr winning the duel it's possible that it will not help much, it seems that their quiet leader would still not be willing to to agree to any terms.

Also pink-mouth as an insult, very cool *wee*
Nagimalice
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Dice Warwick on Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:49 am

Also we have that other quite leader would the loud mouth lessens to, He/she seems to have some problem with trust. But the group will be more easily dealt with when the radical is gone.
Dice Warwick
Morrock Oracle

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby kirio on Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:08 am

I was wondering about that insult since the slaves are also being drawn with pink mouths. Is that an oversight by the artist?

Also, I was wondering about our pink mouths. We were all pretty damn hungry just a little over a week ago when we first arrived. The fish/crustacean diet likely does wonders, but would mouth discoloration vanish so quickly? We're also eating a lot of algae cakes. If that stuff is anything like seaweed it's packed with trace minerals that would do wonders for keeping us healthy even though it's pretty shy in calories. I wonder what is in the diet that turns the mouth purple. Could it be from eating mushrooms? Even though we were half-starved, we weren't eating a whole lot of mushrooms during our journey.

Good luck Shiir! I hope you nail that loony quickly. The longer this lasts the more likely we're going to be in the middle of something if those folks with the lights come over to the ruins to investigate. I think the quiet one's attitude might change if she knew our real situation. (I can't say for sure it would improve) At the least, the fact that we are a large group of refugees and not a Val clan with a fortress to go back to will certainly change the political calculus. Our real advantages over the slaves are that most of us were born free with all the benefits that implies and there are a hell of a lot more of us than the few currently in sight. Once it's realized we aren't a Val clan, An'jhali's words will be taken a little more seriously.

We may get stuck fighting all or most of the slaves that ran back to where noisy and the silent one are. Perhaps, someone should be sent back to the main camp for reinforcements? Certainly, everyone who knows Tir'ay could be called on to aid the Ill'haress.

(Ves'xilé flexes her scarred right hand and looks anxiously toward the ruins wondering if the Ill'haress is safe.) *sweatdrop*
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Finish on Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:35 am

He called you warpussy, Shir. Bad idea. I think he wouldn't say so stupid things again after he loses his teeths. ;) At least if we beat this guy up, he no longer stirring up the others. So that we could talk with them without somebody who scream our argumeents down.
But I wouldn't much give credit to the silent woman. All she said until now, was that he shouldn't trust us. And that at a moment he was quiet and have thought about his options.
Finish
Merc on vacation

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Thalar on Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:50 am

Eating mushrooms does indeed color your mouth purple, from what I can recall.

Imo, if we're gonna take these slaves we need to eliminate that woman as well as this loud-mouthed male. She's never gonna trust us, we blew the chance we had to talk. Now we should focus on killing the two that are (or seem to be) the most important for the group's stability. If they are the only two who have been something close to a leadership for this group of broken slaves, the group will fall apart once they are dead. Thus making it easier for us to take them all.

The group won't be more easily dealt with once loud-mouth is dead. Little miss "I'm afraid of the dark" isn't gonna talk, either, that I am sure of. She didn't trust us to begin with and now we've shown her she's right not to trust us. I don't want our Ilharess kissing this weakling's feet in a futile attempt to appease her.
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre