The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: Leader's A Updated; Day 9, Late

Postby Dice Warwick on Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:55 am

Thalar wrote:
kirio wrote:The slaves don't outnumber us. They outnumber the soldiers and scouts. However, most of the clan knows Tir'ay and most of those slaves know nothing of combat beyond crude street fighting (if that). We should be able to cut them to ribbons. (-_-)

All the other clan members are still back at the main camp.
Also we cannot count on Tir'ay to save us, we don't know how many of our ~170 members actually know it.

plus they have clubs, have you ever been in a club fight without a club, I bet it hurts!
Dice Warwick
Morrock Oracle

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Q on Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:03 am

*has been, don`t let the club hit you.
Q
Demon

Postby Madea on Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:55 am

Q wrote:*has been, don`t let the club hit you.

Word.
Madea
Pineapple Warmaster

Location: In EVA above Green Ball, surrounded by Space Kitties!
Clan: Sharen

Postby Hetros on Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:34 am

Madea wrote:
Q wrote:*has been, don`t let the club hit you.

Word.

no, try a stick duel, and the other guy has picked up a 2x4 with a nail through... that's a bit more accurate to our current predicament I think.
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby DarkLilly on Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:19 am

Hetros wrote:no, try a stick duel, and the other guy has picked up a 2x4 with a nail through... that's a bit more accurate to our current predicament I think.

... Um... 2x4s are extremely unwieldy... she'll take a stick thank you :is a Godan ranked Kendo Student:
DarkLilly
Nether Spawn

Postby Serantis on Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:09 pm

DarkLilly wrote:... Um... 2x4s are extremely unwieldy... she'll take a stick thank you :is a Godan ranked Kendo Student:

*Nods* I used to carry a Bokken back when i was a teenager (We had a gang problem around that time) It kept me out of gang fights }:3
And no ive never been trained with it , Now that i think about it i dont remember where i got it . ^^;
Swords beat clubs, Daggers beat fist, And slings just beat heads from a distance.
Serantis
Demon

Postby Q on Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:40 pm

Whatever the weapon, I bet on trained fellow.

*say hello to my little friend*
Q
Demon

Postby Hetros on Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:01 pm

DarkLilly wrote:
Hetros wrote:no, try a stick duel, and the other guy has picked up a 2x4 with a nail through... that's a bit more accurate to our current predicament I think.

... Um... 2x4s are extremely unwieldy... she'll take a stick thank you :is a Godan ranked Kendo Student:

I've always prefered the "Bongmanee" (spelling how it's pronounced since I've long since forgotten it's spelling), top of my sparring class back in my Taekwondo classes. and 2x4 is just what I call any long piece of sawed wood, so it wasn't really 4 feet long and 2 feet across.

Serantis wrote:
DarkLilly wrote:... Um... 2x4s are extremely unwieldy... she'll take a stick thank you :is a Godan ranked Kendo Student:

*Nods* I used to carry a Bokken back when i was a teenager (We had a gang problem around that time) It kept me out of gang fights }:3
And no ive never been trained with it , Now that i think about it i dont remember where i got it . ^^;
Swords beat clubs, Daggers beat fist, And slings just beat heads from a distance.

swords SOMETIMES beat clubs, if it's a well made, thick, tube-shaped piece of wood, I'll take it any day over a sword, a weapon you aren't trained to use properly is just an advantage for your enemy.
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby kirio on Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:35 pm

Hetros wrote:
DarkLilly wrote:

I've always prefered the "Bongmanee" (spelling how it's pronounced since I've long since forgotten it's spelling), top of my sparring class back in my Taekwondo classes. and 2x4 is just what I call any long piece of sawed wood, so it wasn't really 4 feet long and 2 feet across.

^^; A 2X4 is a construction beam 2 inches by 4 inches. They're often sold in ten foot lengths. Still they're pretty awkward to swing around unless you have hands like a basketball player (Ys'sa probably has hands big enough to pull it off if we had any). The world's greatest club would be an aluminum baseball bat with a lead weight inside the tip.

The weapon isn't really the point here. These runaways are not acting like they are organized. That's our big advantage. If we can spook the timid ones into agreeing to work for us, the few who are really interested in freedom (rather than just getting away from abusive masters) will not have enough back up to attack us. Big mouth might freak and try to kill someone though, so we would still need to keep an eye on him and any others that look assertive.

It might be useful to offer a chance to join us as clan members to those who prove themselves worthy. That would give any potential leaders in the group a chance to save face and the timid (who would rather be servants anyway) a chance to accept the offer without fear of being bullied by those who refuse to join. ;)
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Hetros on Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:36 pm

kirio wrote: ^^; A 2X4 is a construction beam 2 inches by 4 inches. They're often sold in ten foot lengths. Still they're pretty awkward to swing around unless you have hands like a basketball player (Ys'sa probably has hands big enough to pull it off if we had any). The world's greatest club would be an aluminum baseball bat with a lead weight inside the tip.

The weapon isn't really the point here. These runaways are not acting like they are organized. That's our big advantage. If we can spook the timid ones into agreeing to work for us, the few who are really interested in freedom (rather than just getting away from abusive masters) will not have enough back up to attack us. Big mouth might freak and try to kill someone though, so we would still need to keep an eye on him and any others that look assertive.

It might be useful to offer a chance to join us as clan members to those who prove themselves worthy. That would give any potential leaders in the group a chance to save face and the timid (who would rather be servants anyway) a chance to accept the offer without fear of being bullied by those who refuse to join. ;)

okay, yea... I feel REALLY stupid now, but thanks for alleviating my ignorance Kirio.

anyway, you're right that weapons not the point, they aren't organized, they're probably scared s***less, we give warning, or duel the loudmouths leading the retaliation, we'll beat them easily, and seeing those two go down will probably have the rest thinking "oh sharess... we can't take these guys", also, if we do take them down via quick deathliness, striking virtually out of the blue, then we can say "Now here's the deal... yall could attack, and yall just might win, but not before MANY of you die... do any of you want to take the chance that it might be YOU that goes down?"
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby kirio on Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:06 pm

Hetros wrote:okay, yea... I feel REALLY stupid now, but thanks for alleviating my ignorance Kirio.

:x Ouch! Sorry about that. Fingers engaged but brain in neutral.

Once they see the stick (our threat), we need to make sure they see the carrot. Working for us has a big safety in numbers advantage plus offering a chance to earn clan membership has it's own advantages compared to being a hunted runaway slave. You're not really free if you have to look over your shoulder all the time. ;)
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Thorn on Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:36 pm

Urk.... :A

So much for peace talks...

At least we have them in a panic....

I guess thats something. *hmmm*
Thorn
Demon

Postby Hetros on Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:51 pm

Quel did his best, but the Lady and Fate have a way of throwing the best lays plans into the meat grinder. I think it's time to attack, definitely aim for the leaders, keep the Il'haress safe.

but this leads to an important question. Does An'jhali fight? or does she direct from the back?
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Re: Event Archive Updated; Day 10 Early

Postby Serantis on Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:59 pm

No worries, there was always a risk one of the scouts would be discovered when this all began. True this does complicate things but no need to freak out about it now whats done is done all we can do is try to turn this to our advantage.
Serantis
Demon

Re: Event Archive Updated; Day 10 Early

Postby kirio on Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:54 am

I think An'jhali should stay back. She hasn't shown any skill as a fighter and we can't afford her to be seriously hurt, or worse killed. We should also (if possible) bring up more clan members as back up for the soldiers and scouts.

In subduing these jokers, just going after the armed ones should be more than enough (and killing noisy). The armed ones are probably the only ones seriously interested in freedom anyway. Disarmed and captured the armed ones might listen to an offer of a chance to become clan members if they prove themselves. The ones who were too cowardly to even arm themselves are probably no more than runaways from really abusive masters and would accept an offer to serve a group that offers them peace and security.

Having them retreat to the ruins is not all a bad thing. If we can box them into a small area, we can move the clan into the rest of the ruins and starve them out while we settle into the rest of the buildings. They are slaves and ignorant. They will likely retreat into the deepest most easily defended holes in the place which (naturally) will also be the easiest to trap them in for a siege. Bolt holes are useful for hiding and defending from slavers, but we aren't going to be leaving. Where a slaver party would eventually give up trying to root out a few scrawny slaves from a well defended hole as a bad job, we would be moving in permanently to the surrounding rooms and buildings and can wait them out essentially forever.
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre