The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Postby Andreas on Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:09 pm

He may be her underling, but it is still his job to formulate strategy and carry it out. In governments a leaders or politicians job is to make policy decisions, while it is the bureaucrats who actually conduct the business of government. In the same way, our Ilharess' job is to make decisions about the future of the clan and act as a figurehead, while our ranked members do their best to achieve those goals. Though, Meck is right, for the sake of moral, it is important that the Ilharess be seen to be leading from the front.
Andreas
Nether Spawn

Postby Meckruco on Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:00 pm

Andreas wrote:He may be her underling, but it is still his job to formulate strategy and carry it out. In governments a leaders or politicians job is to make policy decisions, while it is the bureaucrats who actually conduct the business of government. In the same way, our Ilharess' job is to make decisions about the future of the clan and act as a figurehead, while our ranked members do their best to achieve those goals. Though, Meck is right, for the sake of moral, it is important that the Ilharess be seen to be leading from the front.

you are partly correct. yes he is the warmaster, yes he would make the battle plan. but he would not carry it out without approvel first.

and for leading.. i beleive you are thinking too much like a human. or should i say part of a democrocy.... *shrug*

for the Ilharess.. she needs something to do. you can not just give orders or delagate resposability to others and just sit on the sidelines. its a surefire way to be kicked out as a leader. the only reason we havent done this yet is because she is the one that lead us to this place. but i predict that if things were to keep going as they are (or they improve like they should). then she will not have the backbone to stand up to any of the other clan's Ilharesses because she will have become a puppet figurehead of the ranked members.

No.. haveing her do work is not just for moral (which for those of us playing is though the roof, cant say for the faceless) but to build up HER charater. confadance, and all the things that a leader will need when massive amounts of pressure build up.

I for one do not want a weak leader. Like ive said in the past. the leader archive is where we forge the Illharess and the clan into the clan we all know it can be. day to day things are in the event archive. and times like now is when the two might and will overlap.

lastly, I will not follow a puppet figurehead that only barks the orders of the manipulater that hides in the shadows. maybe im takeing a page out of Quints playbook, but i would chop their freeking head off and put it on a pike.
Meckruco
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Dhal on Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:13 pm

I'm looking at the choice who already be posted and the discuss and well.....poor Ilharess she'll have nothing interresting to do again :(.

Come on we can find something better to do.

1- We can prepare the travel to the ruins, we are over 170 and we have ressources to carry, it can'T be improvised.

2- Do we want or not to send a group to the slaves to ask for there reedition? She is diplomate she can write the message.

I know it's fun to see your face asking ill'haress to make things or stay and think about what she did before and etc. but maybe we should think about production and real progress. we finally have an oportunity.

I'll add the 1st option to the vote list if you like the 2nd 1 I'll let you add it.
Dhal
Nether Spawn

Postby Andreas on Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:31 am

I'm not implying that the Ilharess is merely a figurehead. She is the ultimate authority of the clan, not a puppet. Ultimately all major decisions are hers to make. She cannot however, manage every last detail of clan government, it works that way in any form of government. She has given us direction, which is to make the ruins into our home, and it is up to the clan to make it happen. I think for now the most important task for her to do is to prepare the people for the move.

As for thinking like a human, can't help it, I am one :). Like it or not we all think as humans.
Andreas
Nether Spawn

Postby kirio on Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:48 am

Dhal wrote:I'm looking at the choice who already be posted and the discuss and well.....poor Ilharess she'll have nothing interresting to do again :(.

Come on we can find something better to do.

1- We can prepare the travel to the ruins, we are over 170 and we have ressources to carry, it can'T be improvised.

2- Do we want or not to send a group to the slaves to ask for there reedition? She is diplomate she can write the message.

I know it's fun to see your face asking ill'haress to make things or stay and think about what she did before and etc. but maybe we should think about production and real progress. we finally have an oportunity.

I'll add the 1st option to the vote list if you like the 2nd 1 I'll let you add it.

...see your face asking the Il'haress... :lol: That was mine. I've had several ideas get 'face time' and in none of them did my charecter get shown giving the advice. This is the second time another player's character said a vote option I put up and the others have either been faceless nobodies or random creations. I'm not looking for face time; I'm prodding Kern to make An'jhali more assertive and it seems to be working.

BTW, I like your first idea better than the second. It fits in better with her known skills.
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Frost Indri on Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:58 pm

Zorlond wrote:
Frost Indri wrote:I am a little disappointed that she didn't try to do something useful with the crafters, but it was cute anyhow.

Well, we did learn that she's not naturally artistic... *shrug* It's not much, I know.

Which is why I was dissapointed that she didn't try to do anything useful. Making slings would be pure craft work. Braiding cords is not that very hard. Neither is tying knots. *shrugs*

Well, we did learn something.
Frost Indri
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Dhal on Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:35 pm

Andreas wrote:I'm not implying that the Ilharess is merely a figurehead. She is the ultimate authority of the clan, not a puppet. Ultimately all major decisions are hers to make. She cannot however, manage every last detail of clan government, it works that way in any form of government. She has given us direction, which is to make the ruins into our home, and it is up to the clan to make it happen. I think for now the most important task for her to do is to prepare the people for the move.

As for thinking like a human, can't help it, I am one :). Like it or not we all think as humans.

Well there is still some managment to do, she is the one who bring us to this cave I think it's also to her to bring us to the ruins. She named Shiir as warmaster, great! but planning the move from our spot to the ruins is part of her job.

Don't forget, we are over 170 to move with the ressources who have been gathered from the moment we reached this place. As an exemple, put 100 young student with there coat, lunch and toy on 1 side of a big gym, let them play 30 minutes. then ask them to go to the other side of the gym and you'll see what will happen. They'll forget a lot of their things on the first side of the room.

I know we are not human and we are also not childs but are we that different? We are very independant, do you really think like everybody will help the supply master to borrow all the ressources if we ask to move at the very last minutes? This need a minimum of organisation.
Dhal
Nether Spawn

Re: Leader A. Updated: Last of Day 7, Early morning of Day 8

Postby Thorn on Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:48 pm

Woo! Go An'jhali!

Drow Zombies.....thats just scary. o_O
Thorn
Demon

Re: Leader A. Updated: Day 8, Mid-Day

Postby Lordof??? on Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:21 pm

Fear the mindless Yombie hoard!

We should suggest sending them in as a way to scare off the slaves inhabiting the ruins.
Lordof???
Summoner

Postby kirio on Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:38 am

One thing about this update is that it blocks all practical advice until the issue of the slave squatters in the ruins is dealt with.
The only thing I can think of that would make any sense in the Advise Leader vote options would be something like: Yay! We Approve! XD
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Lordof??? on Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:46 am

I think Kern realised that there was very little we could do until we got the ruins
Lordof???
Summoner

Postby Meckruco on Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:18 am

I think you are right. what we can do now, is prepar for the march on the ruins. what i mean is finalize all the packing and training, get a good nights rest and march at "dawn" on the ninth day. at least that is what i think is a good plan.

and once there with everyone in place.. we see what they say or we find out how much paint we have for our new home. granted it would be wise to take some of them alive to interagate them to see what they know about the city and any other clans in the area. knowledge is power. and we need it.
Meckruco
Vel'akar

Postby Tamo Shua on Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:42 am

Yes, and that's a fact.
Tamo Shua
Shard of the Old God

Postby Tamo Shua on Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:43 am

Tamo Shua
Shard of the Old God

Re: EA Updated: good times among friends =)

Postby Finish on Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:04 pm

First of all, we should know who were their former owners. We can use they as a "gift" to improve the reliations to the other clans.
Of course, the best thing would be if they either run away or join our clan.

Maybe we could produce some kind of armour to protect the Ill'haress, but I'm not sure if we have the material and the tools for that.
She is the one who talkes with the slaves, and maybe the first who they would attack.
Finish
Merc on vacation

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre