The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Postby Lady Tenkage on Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:04 pm

Neeeeeeew Paaaaaaaaaage!!!

Okay, with that out of th way, I'd have to say that with that last statement made by the Ill'Haress, it's clear that the Ill'Haress is feeling useless, with everything going on around her. May I suggest, for our next, um, suggestion (no pun intended) that we put up something that will not only have her feeling useful, but also dignified as an Ill'Haress??

I'd say, maybe start discussing the plans for the ruins raid with Shiir?
Lady Tenkage
Demon

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Q on Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:33 pm

She should talk with Quel, Quel doesn't speak much cause he listens more. He's at the forge right now.
Q
Demon

Postby Dhal on Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:52 pm

We know she is a diplomate maybe she could write an ultimatum we could send to the slaves by a little groupe like I suggested in shiir's thread?

Somekind of subtile: join us or die who could make it done faster if they accept the resiliation?
Dhal
Nether Spawn

Postby Lady Tenkage on Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:13 am

Any kind of inspirational speech or diplomatic motion is kinda pointless, until we move, I think. Besides, for our first real fight, she should honestly be there, watching. Having your Ill'Haress watching your battle is amazingly inspirational to troops, like how Queen Elizabeth would watch her armies to spur them on.
Lady Tenkage
Demon

Postby Andreas on Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:49 am

Beyond what she's already done, there doesn't seem like there's much for the Ilharess to do until the clan has moved to the ruins. Perhaps instead of trying to help plan the raid itself, she could begin to organize the civilian population for the move.
Andreas
Nether Spawn

Postby Tamo Shua on Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:05 am

((I do not want to sound like a troll but I need to say this.))

These slaves and us have one thing in common, we have no other place to go. Ken has been giving hints, the size, attitude, and some of the organization of these slaves, and I believe in this little war some players, as well as NPCs may die in this combat to be.

Still tho I can't help but feel for the Ilharess. Every leader goes through this, a feeling of uselessness as events unfold due to the will of others.
Tamo Shua
Shard of the Old God

Postby Dice Warwick on Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:05 am

(Woot page 69)

ya I know that the up coming fight with the slaves at the ruins will probably not have the best ending, but have faith, we will prevale at the end... or finally go with my fishing village Idea! >:3
Dice Warwick
Morrock Oracle

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Tamo Shua on Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:01 am

Yes, this is true, the clan will go on, but, well, I had wished I could have made a persona that could have at least talked to them before the end, the slaves that is, but truth be told I have no patients for creating an elite in this game that can truly interact.

The fishing village will become fact as food is needed, so be of good cheer. It will happen. In time. And what is time to an immortal?
Tamo Shua
Shard of the Old God

Postby Meckruco on Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:25 pm

i said it in the shout boxand ill say it again here. LEAD FROM THE FRONT!

Let the Illharess get her hands dirty sorting our supplies. its good training for when she might have to balance out larger issues. finding the prioity order for certian things. being a leader and useing good judgement.

Eriwn Rommel was one hell of a leader. Logjistics is the way to win. he followed the four "B"s to victory. they are "Beans, bandges, blades, and badguys"*.

teaching this to the Illharess now will mean nothing but victory later. and if you want more proof if that is not good enough. ill show you 233 years of proof with the amount of butt kicking that the United States Marine Corps has done.

*-note, its really "beans, bandages, bullets, badguys" but since we drow dont use guns... i changed it to blades.
Meckruco
Vel'akar

Postby Frost Indri on Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:26 pm

She has management skills, so let her organize. Fact of the matter is, she is going to be useless so long as everything goes well.

I am a little disappointed that she didn't try to do something useful with the crafters, but it was cute anyhow.
Frost Indri
Dragon of the Nether

Postby kirio on Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:39 pm

Meckruco wrote:i said it in the shout boxand ill say it again here. LEAD FROM THE FRONT!

Let the Illharess get her hands dirty sorting our supplies. its good training for when she might have to balance out larger issues. finding the prioity order for certian things. being a leader and useing good judgement.

Eriwn Rommel was one hell of a leader. Logjistics is the way to win. he followed the four "B"s to victory. they are "Beans, bandges, blades, and badguys"*.

teaching this to the Illharess now will mean nothing but victory later. and if you want more proof if that is not good enough. ill show you 233 years of proof with the amount of butt kicking that the United States Marine Corps has done.

*-note, its really "beans, bandages, bullets, badguys" but since we drow dont use guns... i changed it to blades.

Shiir's the general Meck. We want An'jhali to be a leader that knows how to make the most out of him and not waste his skills in hopeless ventures like Hitler did with Rommel. :wink: An'jhali's got a lot more responsibility than just leading an army.
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Zorlond on Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:53 pm

Frost Indri wrote:I am a little disappointed that she didn't try to do something useful with the crafters, but it was cute anyhow.

Well, we did learn that she's not naturally artistic... *shrug* It's not much, I know.
Zorlond
Vel'akar

Postby Meckruco on Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:31 pm

kirio wrote:Shiir's the general Meck. We want An'jhali to be a leader that knows how to make the most out of him and not waste his skills in hopeless ventures like Hitler did with Rommel. :wink: An'jhali's got a lot more responsibility than just leading an army.

True, but from An'jhali's standpoint, he is a resource. as are all the ranked member. she had to know how to manage her resoruces. I feel that if she were to learn this it will make her a better leader.

what i mean as such is she might learn the skill to read what we will need in the furture and pass on the sujestion or order to the correct ranked member to carry out.

besides Hitler and Rommel did not get along very well. between Paton and Hitler cuting him off then calling him back is what brought his losses in Africa
Meckruco
Vel'akar

Postby Andreas on Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:09 pm

He may be her underling, but it is still his job to formulate strategy and carry it out. In governments a leaders or politicians job is to make policy decisions, while it is the bureaucrats who actually conduct the business of government. In the same way, our Ilharess' job is to make decisions about the future of the clan and act as a figurehead, while our ranked members do their best to achieve those goals. Though, Meck is right, for the sake of moral, it is important that the Ilharess be seen to be leading from the front.
Andreas
Nether Spawn

Postby Meckruco on Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:00 pm

Andreas wrote:He may be her underling, but it is still his job to formulate strategy and carry it out. In governments a leaders or politicians job is to make policy decisions, while it is the bureaucrats who actually conduct the business of government. In the same way, our Ilharess' job is to make decisions about the future of the clan and act as a figurehead, while our ranked members do their best to achieve those goals. Though, Meck is right, for the sake of moral, it is important that the Ilharess be seen to be leading from the front.

you are partly correct. yes he is the warmaster, yes he would make the battle plan. but he would not carry it out without approvel first.

and for leading.. i beleive you are thinking too much like a human. or should i say part of a democrocy.... *shrug*

for the Ilharess.. she needs something to do. you can not just give orders or delagate resposability to others and just sit on the sidelines. its a surefire way to be kicked out as a leader. the only reason we havent done this yet is because she is the one that lead us to this place. but i predict that if things were to keep going as they are (or they improve like they should). then she will not have the backbone to stand up to any of the other clan's Ilharesses because she will have become a puppet figurehead of the ranked members.

No.. haveing her do work is not just for moral (which for those of us playing is though the roof, cant say for the faceless) but to build up HER charater. confadance, and all the things that a leader will need when massive amounts of pressure build up.

I for one do not want a weak leader. Like ive said in the past. the leader archive is where we forge the Illharess and the clan into the clan we all know it can be. day to day things are in the event archive. and times like now is when the two might and will overlap.

lastly, I will not follow a puppet figurehead that only barks the orders of the manipulater that hides in the shadows. maybe im takeing a page out of Quints playbook, but i would chop their freeking head off and put it on a pike.
Meckruco
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre